Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bust a Kaep!

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
It's nice to see the LA Times cares. They are conducting a Kaep vs. Wilson pole:

Which QB would you pick?

Comments

• Options
    Wilson > Kaepernick
  • Options
    Founders Club
    They're both incredible athletes. Wilson has a great attitude, excellent work ethic, and a more likable personality. I voted for him. But, I wish the Seahawks had SF's OL and WR corps.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,858
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The trend on Wilson is pretty alarming, while the tend on Kaepernick has gotten better as the season goes on.

For whatever reason, Seattle has abandoned the rat ball offense that work so well early in the season. It's like Wilson has been watching a lot of Jack Lockner from the Sark years on film. Him and Jack are similar in that they make all their plays late in play an are pretty average at best on designed reads
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,144
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

They're both incredible athletes. Wilson has a great attitude, excellent work ethic, and a more likable personality. I voted for him. But, I wish the Seahawks had SF's OL and WR corps.

Hmmm...tough call.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Put in T Jack!
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kaep is playing better than RW right now. The bigger matchup though is Lynch vs Gore, and it feels like Lynch has found his rhythm again the past 2 games.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club
    I think defenses are doing something different in the last 4-5 games to keep him hemmed in. Every time he starts to go outside, there's a defender there and it's limiting his improv ability.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    People blaming the OC is kind of a cop out IMO. Just guessing, but I'd imagine that the play calling hasn't changed all that much over the course of the season. All the plays when they were made were outside of the regular offense anyways, Wilson just isn't making them as frequently as he once did.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,786
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

The trend on Wilson is pretty alarming, while the tend on Kaepernick has gotten better as the season goes on.

For whatever reason, Seattle has abandoned the rat ball offense that work so well early in the season. It's like Wilson has been watching a lot of Jack Lockner from the Sark years on film. Him and Jack are similar in that they make all their plays late in play an are pretty average at best on designed reads

I think Wilson needs to start becoming a bigger threat as a runner. I know they don't want him to get banged up, but this the fucking NFC Championship. You've got to put it all on the line. Wilson has been handicapped by Bevell, the OL, and lack of play makers at the WR position, especially with Rice being out.
    + 1
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2014

Bob_C said:

I think Wilson needs to start becoming a bigger threat as a runner. I know they don't want him to get banged up, but this the fucking NFC Championship. You've got to put it all on the line. Wilson has been handicapped by Bevell, the OL, and lack of play makers at the WR position, especially with Rice being out.
    Wilson was pathetically inaccurate on a lot of 3rd down throws vs. the saints. He and bevell better get their shit straightened out...quickly.

Whatever happened to san francisco earlier in the year is over. On Sunday they dismantled a very good carolina defense, and we had our hands full with an above-average saints defense.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

People blaming the OC is kind of a cop out IMO. Just guessing, but I'd imagine that the play calling hasn't changed all that much over the course of the season. All the plays when they were made were outside of the regular offense anyways, Wilson just isn't making them as frequently as he once did.

That may be the problem. The offense may need to make some changes. They may have become too predictable. Like DJ mentioned above, defenses have figured out the Hawks' offense and how to keep Wilson in check. With that said, Wilson has had opportunities to run and gain big chunks of yardage, but prefers to hold onto the ball until the last second, before attempting a pass.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Kaep is playing better than RW right now. The bigger matchup though is Lynch vs Gore, and it feels like Lynch has found his rhythm again the past 2 games.

I feel like lynch sorta held it back at the end of the regular season so he could save his best for the playoffs. The week off also helped
  • Options
    Founders Club
    It's possible that the approach from defenses is taking its toll. The edge guys playing contain and the defenses using their resources in the middle is a good approach. New Orleans for instance has spent their money on guard instead of tackles to offset Brees's lack of height.

It's not like Wilson height issue just disappeared, maybe that's finally becoming an issue now that the defensive approach has shifted.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

People who match up opposing QBs or RBs need to DIAFF toot sweet.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,460
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That poll needed an option for The Field badly. I'll take either of the remaining AFC quarterbacks.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

That poll needed an option for The Field badly. I'll take either of the remaining AFC quarterbacks.

Not either... just Brady.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bob_C said:

Yea Bevell hasn't been good but I feel Seattle fans have this mentality that Russell Wilson can do no wrong. He has been incredibly inaccurate as of late (even with 8 yard slant plays), making some bad decisions by being too conservative (he could have hit Percy yesterday on a screen that might have gone for a TD), and just not being able to keep the offense on the field.

I do think it is just him going through a little funk right now, but if he plays like this against the 49ers we will have to play pretty much mistake free across the board to beat them.