Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The City of Seattle’s Relationship With UW & UW Football

Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited October 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
On Yella’s Muzak Bored he questioned why members of grunge bands were depressed. Seattle was “way cooler” in the late eighties and early nineties, and UW football was kicking ass.

That got me wondering about Seattle and its relationship to UW and Husky Football during that era. That was a bit before my tim, so I’m curious - was Seattle as enamored with the DWAGS back in the day as it is with the Hawks Sounders Kraken now?

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Didn't live in the city either, but in a shithole county in the state. I remember the Seahawks being a joke and real football talk all around The Dwags. "You know, the Huskies WOULD BEAT the Chickenhawks loloolollloollo."

Holy crap, I totally remember that argument!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Didn't live in the city either, but in a shithole county in the state. I remember the Seahawks being a joke and real football talk all around The Dwags. "You know, the Huskies WOULD BEAT the Chickenhawks loloolollloollo."

Holy crap, I totally remember that argument!
    Almost as good as Bellevue would beat UPS.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

Prime Sports showed up on cable in 88 with a Saturday afternoon game and full Husky replays on Sunday night.

Q13 took over the coaches show.

When the Hawks talked about hiring James in the early 80s after 3 Rose Bowls people threatened to cut up their Nordstrom cards. Nordy got out not long after. The Hawks hired Chuck Knox and James got paid by UW

Really?That’s amazing.

Though I don’t like the idea of cutting up my Nordy card. 💄👠👜💍👗
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The only thing I'll add to what's been said by @dnc, @Fire_Marshall_Bill, etc. is that I believe there was a waiting for UW season tickets in the 80s and 90s while there were people trying to sell their Seahawks season tickets. That might be a bit of hyperbole but it's pretty close to true.

All the faggoty liberals and the transplants hurt UW football's standing in the city. I despise the transplants who are HUGE 12s.

Seahawks had a huge season ticket waiting list in the late 80s I know that. Wouldn’t shock me if UW did too.