Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA players required to stand for anthem

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Gladstone said:

That is goddamn perfect lmao. I still watch the NBA (FTLOTG) but the messaging got annoying months ago. I don’t like being told I’m an inherently evil person because I’m white nor do I like being lectured on what a terrible country this is that has afforded them opportunities most would literally die for their families to have. While they praise China. Fuck outta here.

your fragility is showing
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

That is goddamn perfect lmao. I still watch the NBA (FTLOTG) but the messaging got annoying months ago. I don’t like being told I’m an inherently evil person because I’m white nor do I like being lectured on what a terrible country this is that has afforded them opportunities most would literally die for their families to have. While they praise China. Fuck outta here.

I haven’t watched more than a few min of a couple games, but feel similarly. They gotta get hit where it hurts. That happened with China so they cater to them. It can happen here if enough people don’t watch.

I’m not sold that people aren’t watching. The ratings are low but the bubble and Finals being held in October have something to do with that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,488 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

I haven’t watched more than a few min of a couple games, but feel similarly. They gotta get hit where it hurts. That happened with China so they cater to them. It can happen here if enough people don’t watch.

I’m not sold that people aren’t watching. The ratings are low but the bubble and Finals being held in October have something to do with that.
    Whats the logic behind the finals being in October decreasing viewership? Its down 60% from last years shitty numbers.

FWIW the groups of guys that I would get together with to watch games the past few years no longer talks about the NBA at all... We still get together and get drunk it just isn't centered around the NBA like it was for the past 4-5 years. We all just pretend we know what we are watching in the UFC now.

The UFC product is infinitely better for the group, 5 min rounds with minimal commercials once the fight starts, easy for all of us to throw down shitty bets on each fight throughout the night, plenty of time between fights to piss, grill a burger, pat the wife on the ass, and make more drinks and best of all minimal political shaming when we are all just trying to chill.
    In June basketball has the center of attention. Baseball doesn't matter yet even to people who care and the NFL has had the draft and free agency and is quiet until July

People expect the Finals in June. And Pandemic Arena sucks. Fuck the fake noise. Broadcast the smack talk.

Its like the Masters in November. I bet the ratings suck unless Tiger

The only reason I'm watching the NBA is LeBron
    I could have just said the NFL takes all the oxygen out of the room
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,556 Standard Supporter
    Fuck. Miami is in the finals? Really?

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2020

Gladstone said:

I would normally agree, but the NFL is also seeing a major ratings dip. They continued to reach until they went too far. Eventually you piss of a large portion of your fan base. People have learned to adjust to life without sports, now you want to treat them like shit? Good marketing strategy as always. There’s a saying and it’s proving itself here. Get woke, get broke.

What will happen is sport league revenue will decline, leading to salaries declining and blaming it on whitey. Sorry athletes, but you work for the fans, we own you. You piss enough of us off, we stop buying tickets and we stop watching, and in the end, you lose.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,556 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

NBA to leave BLM, social justice messaging 'off the floor' next season, says Commissioner Adam Silver

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-social-justice-messages-largely-left-delivered-off-floor-next-season

Money talks, suckers walk.

Off the court with 10 seconds left.
    Inside the article is a nice fight between Cruz and Cuban
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    Chicom Cuban? No wonder he hates Cruz and Trump.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158

NBA to leave BLM, social justice messaging 'off the floor' next season, says Commissioner Adam Silver

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-social-justice-messages-largely-left-delivered-off-floor-next-season

I get bashing LeBron for certain things but leaving with 10 seconds left, down 11 is not one of them.
    Sure it is. Shit message to send as leader of the team.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I get bashing LeBron for certain things but leaving with 10 seconds left, down 11 is not one of them.
    Sure it is. Shit message to send as leader of the team.
    Oh stop. You aren't this soft and if it were literally any other player in the world this would be a nothingburger story. This isn't the 1989 Pistons ragequitting here.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

Whats the logic behind the finals being in October decreasing viewership? Its down 60% from last years shitty numbers.

FWIW the groups of guys that I would get together with to watch games the past few years no longer talks about the NBA at all... We still get together and get drunk it just isn't centered around the NBA like it was for the past 4-5 years. We all just pretend we know what we are watching in the UFC now.

The UFC product is infinitely better for the group, 5 min rounds with minimal commercials once the fight starts, easy for all of us to throw down shitty bets on each fight throughout the night, plenty of time between fights to piss, grill a burger, pat the wife on the ass, and make more drinks and best of all minimal political shaming when we are all just trying to chill.
    In June basketball has the center of attention. Baseball doesn't matter yet even to people who care and the NFL has had the draft and free agency and is quiet until July

People expect the Finals in June. And Pandemic Arena sucks. Fuck the fake noise. Broadcast the smack talk.

Its like the Masters in November. I bet the ratings suck unless Tiger

The only reason I'm watching the NBA is LeBron
    I'm a Lakers fan and I'm not watching. Fuck LeBron. I hope he fucking loses.

#freehongkong
    I want to tie the Celtics at 17