Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah appears to be playing this season

13»

Comments

• rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Disagree... Molden and Levi have played themselves into the first 3 rounds at this point based on what they have already displayed, Tryon flashed potential but at this point at best he is a later round project IMO... guys don’t go in the first 3 rounds without demonstrating dominance and a unique skill set, there are just too many good athletes at that level... guess we just disagree

With u completely on Tryon.

Levi I can see going mid 2nd-early 3rd if a team falls in love. I can just as easily see him sliding back to late 4th-early 5th.

Molden is the UW guy I'd most like the Hawks to grab. I think he has a nice career, maybe gets a All Pro nod once or twice in the right situation. Do the Cards take him to finally complete their all husky backfield?
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    FireCohen said:

Disagree... Molden and Levi have played themselves into the first 3 rounds at this point based on what they have already displayed, Tryon flashed potential but at this point at best he is a later round project IMO... guys don’t go in the first 3 rounds without demonstrating dominance and a unique skill set, there are just too many good athletes at that level... guess we just disagree

Sample was a surprising second round pick. I thought that dissly was a better prospect and he went 4th.
    Ya that's a interesting one. I think Sample was more "polished" since he was a WTE his whole career. I'm pretty sure Newport (his HS) is a Wing T offense and he was a run blocking fool, and from what I remember that continued to be his gig at UW. Cincy prolly saw a league ready blocker with tools to work with as far as being a receiving threat eventually. They prolly reached for him but he looks solid this year.

Dissly was/is an enigma to me. Since his first game as WTE he scores like 2/3rds of the time he touches the ball. Gets devastating injuries the other third, hope he can stay healthy this season cus I hate Greg Olson.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

Sample was a surprising second round pick. I thought that dissly was a better prospect and he went 4th.
    Ya that's a interesting one. I think Sample was more "polished" since he was a WTE his whole career. I'm pretty sure Newport (his HS) is a Wing T offense and he was a run blocking fool, and from what I remember that continued to be his gig at UW. Cincy prolly saw a league ready blocker with tools to work with as far as being a receiving threat eventually. They prolly reached for him but he looks solid this year.

Dissly was/is an enigma to me. Since his first game as WTE he scores like 2/3rds of the time he touches the ball. Gets devastating injuries the other third, hope he can stay healthy this season cus I hate Greg Olson.
    Kid can block his ballz off. Hope he stays healthy
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    Jevon Holland has also opted out for the Quacks.
    UWDawg11 said:

For the draft? Really, did not think he was even the best DB on the roster
    FireCohen said:

UWDawg11 said:

Yeah. Preparing for the draft. Not sure who you thought their best DB was but Lenoire and Graham are also gone.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good. Fucking ducks. Hope they all get gonorhea. @Swaye i can’t spell my std’s right, can you help.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    UWDawg11 said:

FireCohen said:

UWDawg11 said:

Yeah. Preparing for the draft. Not sure who you thought their best DB was but Lenoire and Graham are also gone.

Yeah Holland was by far their best db. Lenoir and Graham were good but not great despite having ridiculously high tbs ratings and starting since freshmen. They will have a really young secondary next year. Their RB is probably the only guy left that could possibly go.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    Edit: apparently Brady Breeze might go pro and the 247 Oregon guy says to "expect a few more who are just waiting on their edits to get finished"
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Edit: apparently Brady Breeze might go pro and the 247 Oregon guy says to "expect a few more who are just waiting on their edits to get finished"

Does he know the XFL folded?

Jordon Scott?
    Woof said:

LOL

The Pac-12 totally blew it, and the Quacks are the ones who are going to get screwed the hardest. They lose their top 6 OL from last year (best unit in the Pac-12) and now almost their entire secondary this year (their best returning unit).

Levi is going to be mid 2nd or early 3rd round. Tryon could be 2nd round if he does really well in the underwear olympics, but could be 5th or 6th round if he tests average to poor. Tryon was a guy that seemed to really benefit from game reps. Both of the last two years he took a big step up in the middle of the season, rather than in the offseason. If I'm Tryon's agent, I would try to get him to opt back in to get him a couple games and some more high-level film. He was playing at a pretty high level at the end of last year, and if he did take another step forward in the offseason, a ~4 game showcase of that is all he needs to potentially sneak into the late 1st round.

Tryon leaving means Smalls is going to get a lot more playing time this year. Starters will be Bowman and Latu, with ZTF and Smalls rotating in. I guess Trice could be an option too. On DL, I guess we're going to see Josiah + Tuli and Faatui + Taki as the top two pairings.

Lol Covid will get them first
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:
    This was Molden’s year-by-year assessment of his college career so far.

Freshman year: “I was terrible.”

Sophomore year: “I was a little better, still bad.”

Junior year: “Pretty good.”

“I think this year, I can be great, though.”
    It's almost weird for a kid to honestly evaluate his game. He is spot on too.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

I never boo the kids

I cuss at mine. Anyone want four kids? I’ll split them up if it makes it easier. Two dad households welcome.

dnc said:

He was a little better than "pretty good" as a junior though.

Of the three guys discussed here lately (Tryon, Levi and Molden), I think Molden had the least to gain by staying for this season.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

I never boo the kids

I cuss at mine. Anyone want four kids? I’ll split them up if it makes it easier. Two dad households welcome.

dnc said:

He was a little better than "pretty good" as a junior though.

Of the three guys discussed here lately (Tryon, Levi and Molden), I think Molden had the least to gain by staying for this season.
    He’s always very highly rated by PFF. He was definitely the best player in the secondary last year. I still think he has a lot to gain by playing. He will be better this year which should help him.