Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah appears to be playing this season

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    edited September 2020
    dnc said:

Good chance Levi and Tryon never sign a meaningful NFL contract and are in the CFL or whatever in a couple years. Both needed another year to prove they could be dominant (especially Tryon). Dumb reactive decision.

Tryon's going in the top 3 rounds, Levi top 4 at worst. Wouldn't be surprised if both go second round.
    I'll take that action. Tryon has great measurables, but he was never even close to being consistently dominant. Factor in a lost year? I think he'll be lucky to sneak into the top four rounds.

Levi OTOH I agree with. He's consistently produced. He's a prototypical 3T who could've played himself into the first round. I still think he goes in rounds 2-3 with the lost year.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354

If Tryon and Levi were smart, they'd come back for this. An easy one month season could be worth several rounds in the draft. But knowing the NCAA, I'm guessing there's no flexibility for Tryon, who already hired an agent. Not sure if Levi has signed with anyone either.

In a shortened season I'm actually really excited to see Tuitele, Bandes, Latu and Smalls get some nice run so they're ready to ball out in 2021.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Good chance Levi and Tryon never sign a meaningful NFL contract and are in the CFL or whatever in a couple years. Both needed another year to prove they could be dominant (especially Tryon). Dumb reactive decision.

Tryon's going in the top 3 rounds, Levi top 4 at worst. Wouldn't be surprised if both go second round.
    I'll take that action. Tryon has great measurables, but he was never even close to being consistently dominant. Factor in a lost year? I think he'll be lucky to sneak into the top four rounds.

Levi OTOH I agree with. He's consistently produced. He's a prototypical 3T who could've played himself into the first round. I still think he goes in rounds 2-3 with the lost year.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Hell yeah. PM me for details ;)
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010
    edited September 2020

FireCohen said:

Wtf are you taking about?? PAC-12 decided to shoot itself in the dick and you blame the kids for a reactive decision??
    If they can come back, they should. If not, then it is what it is. Tryon may not even be good enough to get a contract after playing his junior year let alone his sophomore year.

Many thought Ahmed and Bryant were going to get drafted for sure. The nfl don’t GAF and the lower you’re drafted or picked up as a Udfa the quicker they dispose of you and move on to the next guy. If you can perform and move into the top 2-3 rounds you get more money, but also get a longer leash with the front office.
    Bryant should have been drafted. He is so good he is currently the patriots backup QB. Has he even played QB before?
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Wtf are you taking about?? PAC-12 decided to shoot itself in the dick and you blame the kids for a reactive decision??
    He's talking about these players not making the best choice for themselves by acting before they needed to.
    are you fucking kidding me? the adults that run pac-12 decided to fuck every decent nfl prospect in the conference in the ass by being little bitches. So you expect these kids to keep turning a check???? and wait for the conference to get its shit together? they did what they thought was the best option at that time for them given the circumstances - i don't blame them one bit.
    What they thought was best at the time was not the best. That's the point. All of your raging against the conference fucking the pooch is touching, but it's irrelevant. If the players had waited just a few more weeks, which they could have done at no cost to themselves, they'd be able to make a more informed decision right now. This is a decision that, in at least Tryon's case, could and probably will cost him a lot of money and job security.
    This is the exact argument against the conference cancelling the season at the beginning of August.

Hard to blame the kids for not having patience and foresight when the big shots making six and seven figures displayed neither.
    No it isn't. Justifying the wrong decision because someone else made one first is stupid. It's firecohen logic.
    People in charge - "we're not going to play the fall season is cancelled"
    Kids - "well if we're not going to play I might as well go pro"

They based their decision on what they were told by people in charge. I don't blame them one bit.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

You're probably right about Levi. I know it's only highlights, but I watched some if his this week and he's really fucking impressive. If his general game film, effort, technique, assignment soundness etc, matches up with his highlights he may not have anything left to prove on the field.

Tryon is a different case altogether. He has about a minute of highlight clips, and that's with replays of included. His game film is going to show more mistakes than great or even solid plays. He better really blow them away in his underwear sessions because that's nearly all he has to go on.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    I never boo the kids
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

He's talking about these players not making the best choice for themselves by acting before they needed to.
    are you fucking kidding me? the adults that run pac-12 decided to fuck every decent nfl prospect in the conference in the ass by being little bitches. So you expect these kids to keep turning a check???? and wait for the conference to get its shit together? they did what they thought was the best option at that time for them given the circumstances - i don't blame them one bit.
    What they thought was best at the time was not the best. That's the point. All of your raging against the conference fucking the pooch is touching, but it's irrelevant. If the players had waited just a few more weeks, which they could have done at no cost to themselves, they'd be able to make a more informed decision right now. This is a decision that, in at least Tryon's case, could and probably will cost him a lot of money and job security.
    This is the exact argument against the conference cancelling the season at the beginning of August.

Hard to blame the kids for not having patience and foresight when the big shots making six and seven figures displayed neither.
    No it isn't. Justifying the wrong decision because someone else made one first is stupid. It's firecohen logic.
    Frontal lobes not fully developed. They are supposed to love in the moment not the long term. Kind of the exact opposite of expectations for the president of a university.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Trust me I understand what you're saying and it makes sense coming from you since you have greater than third grade level reasoning and communication skills. The Pac 12 fucked up bad, fucking themselves, the players, fans, and the schools.

You can make weighty decisions whenever you want to, but you don't act on them and lock yourself in before you have to or at least until it's most advantageous unless you enjoy tripping over your own dick. That's what the conference did. Many of the kids followed suit and did it too. I bet some regret it. They should.
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Trust me I understand what you're saying and it makes sense coming from you since you have greater than third grade level reasoning and communication skills. The Pac 12 fucked up bad, fucking themselves, the players, fans, and the schools.

You can make weighty decisions whenever you want to, but you don't act on them and lock yourself in before you have to or at least until it's most advantageous unless you enjoy tripping over your own dick. That's what the conference did. Many of the kids followed suit and did it too. I bet some regret it. They should.
    I doubt Tryon and Levi regret it or will regret it, but I agree the conference screwed a lot of these kids over.

And the rest of us.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam

I never boo the kids

I cuss at mine. Anyone want four kids? I’ll split them up if it makes it easier. Two dad households welcome.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

pretty generous of you
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

bidness is bidness. They better start learning fast
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tryon signed with the same agent Levi did. They can’t come back.

If you think the NFL scouts care what Tryon accomplished in college, MMFG would like a word. Tryon has freakish measurables; he will be very wealthy very soon.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Disagree... Molden and Levi have played themselves into the first 3 rounds at this point based on what they have already displayed, Tryon flashed potential but at this point at best he is a later round project IMO... guys don’t go in the first 3 rounds without demonstrating dominance and a unique skill set, there are just too many good athletes at that level... guess we just disagree

Sample was a surprising second round pick. I thought that dissly was a better prospect and he went 4th.