Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    edited September 2020

If Tryon and Levi were smart, they'd come back for this. An easy one month season could be worth several rounds in the draft. But knowing the NCAA, I'm guessing there's no flexibility for Tryon, who already hired an agent. Not sure if Levi has signed with anyone either.

Levi signed with an agency. It was announced this week.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

If Tryon and Levi were smart, they'd come back for this. An easy one month season could be worth several rounds in the draft. But knowing the NCAA, I'm guessing there's no flexibility for Tryon, who already hired an agent. Not sure if Levi has signed with anyone either.

Couldn't agree more. These guys can test well, look great in workouts, and (especially Levi) look good on film. There's no substitute for playing some dominant football in college though. Neither of them really have yet. A great season would be worth a round or two of draft status for both, especially Tryon.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Sources said:

UWDawg11 said:

And I know it might be hard to believe but I did NOT photoshop this:

Looking forward to seeing all 3 take the field 11/6
    If the first two do it’s Ban Hammer tim after hiring the agents. Is Lake running a coffee shop paper bag program?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    LSU and Bama had players come back. No idea on the agent angle.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Good chance Levi and Tryon never sign a meaningful NFL contract and are in the CFL or whatever in a couple years. Both needed another year to prove they could be dominant (especially Tryon). Dumb reactive decision.

Wtf are you taking about?? PAC-12 decided to shoot itself in the dick and you blame the kids for a reactive decision??
    If they can come back, they should. If not, then it is what it is. Tryon may not even be good enough to get a contract after playing his junior year let alone his sophomore year.

Many thought Ahmed and Bryant were going to get drafted for sure. The nfl don’t GAF and the lower you’re drafted or picked up as a Udfa the quicker they dispose of you and move on to the next guy. If you can perform and move into the top 2-3 rounds you get more money, but also get a longer leash with the front office.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi graduated, probably doesn't want to do school this quarter to stay eligible. Tyron, I still believe has some school left.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    UWDawg11 said:

Levi signed with an agency. It was announced this week.

The NCAA needs to do the right thing and let these kids come back.

I say that as a Duck fan.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108

Levi graduated, probably doesn't want to do school this quarter to stay eligible. Tyron, I still believe has some school left.

Im pretty sure Tryon was only a RS soph last year. He has 2 years of eligibility left, and likely did not graduate. He only played meaningful snaps for 1 year and was hit and miss in terms of effectiveness.

In all likelihood, he made a dumb decision. Wonder if his name being attached to that ridiculous United thing caused him to leave
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714
    Tryon whiffed on two backfield tackles against Cal.

Glad we could develop him while blowing crucial games.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Good chance Levi and Tryon never sign a meaningful NFL contract and are in the CFL or whatever in a couple years. Both needed another year to prove they could be dominant (especially Tryon). Dumb reactive decision.

Wtf are you taking about?? PAC-12 decided to shoot itself in the dick and you blame the kids for a reactive decision??
    He's talking about these players not making the best choice for themselves by acting before they needed to.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tryon's going in the top 3 rounds, Levi top 4 at worst. Wouldn't be surprised if both go second round.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

He's talking about these players not making the best choice for themselves by acting before they needed to.
    are you fucking kidding me? the adults that run pac-12 decided to fuck every decent nfl prospect in the conference in the ass by being little bitches. So you expect these kids to keep turning a check???? and wait for the conference to get its shit together? they did what they thought was the best option at that time for them given the circumstances - i don't blame them one bit.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    UWDawg11 said:

And I know it might be hard to believe but I did NOT photoshop this:

Right on cue....

• HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    I read about a few players who had signed with agents but are hoping to undo that and play now that the season is back in play (I believe they were Big 10 players). I would bet that if Levi and Tryon wanted to come back, they would be able to, even after signing.