Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How long until he resigns?

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    doogie said:

Goduckies said:

They hired plenty of minorities and women at the lower levels that could work their way up. But for positions that require an MBA, I could see how it's hard to get qualified minorities

Nope.

1. Banking school, if you’re worth it.
    2. “Special Executive MBA” program set up to get the Paper to the Producer who Needs it for resume enhancement for the public to fawn over if you’re an executive level talent
    In fact, the CEO who said this got his MBA through the special executive MBA route (at NYU). OTOH, he was hired out of Johns Hopkins and made nice with Jamie Dimon almost immediately. So his coin was minted from the get-go.

Look, to really climb like this guy did, if you don't golf and "fit in" and look the part, which isn't so much about being white as it is something else hard to define, the hill is a little steeper, though it can be done. Nobody is splitting the atom in banking.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    SFGbob said:

All I know is that in the industry I work in there is heavy competition for qualified minority candidates and it is sometimes difficult to find them because of that competition.

There is going to be a WAVE of affirmative action renewal efforts in all aspects of society after all this upheaval. Cook it.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

SFGbob said:

All I know is that in the industry I work in there is heavy competition for qualified minority candidates and it is sometimes difficult to find them because of that competition.

There is going to be a WAVE of affirmative action renewal efforts in all aspects of society after all this upheaval. Cook it.
    Already happening where I work. The schools they were willing to hire from has been expanded as well as where you graduated in your class.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Pay more. If you want them, you’ll find them.

If you pay them more you then have to raise the pay for all other 1st year hires, you can't just pay the brown skinned people more money, everyone would have to be given a raise.
    Not if you set up a Special Class and call them something new. How about Executive Development Officers. Sexy enuff?
    edited September 2020

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

They hired plenty of minorities and women at the lower levels that could work their way up. But for positions that require an MBA, I could see how it's hard to get qualified minorities

Nope.

2. “Special Executive MBA” program set up to get the Paper to the Producer who Needs it for resume enhancement for the public to fawn over if you’re an executive level talent
    In fact, the CEO who said this got his MBA through the special executive MBA route (at NYU). OTOH, he was hired out of Johns Hopkins and made nice with Jamie Dimon almost immediately. So his coin was minted from the get-go.

Look, to really climb like this guy did, if you don't golf and "fit in" and look the part, which isn't so much about being white as it is something else hard to define, the hill is a little steeper, though it can be done. Nobody is splitting the atom in banking.
    Exactly. Golfing with Jaime was his special skill. He got the Paper later over a couple of nights and weekends.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    Coming from an industry where people of color and a certain sex are hired, protected, promoted when they shouldn't be and sought above all without any thought to competence, it sucks! Everyone suffers.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

Nope.

I think you nailed it. Some guys I went to grad school ended up at doing retail banking. Nothing special. Some other guys I went to grad school with ended up at mega hedge funds in NYC, and those guys were nailz. You want to go live life like it's "Billions," be smart af and ready work 16 hours a day. Want to go work at Wells, be able to tie shoes and chew bubble gum.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    We're getting a lot of material on affirmative action contracting now. I'm old enough to remember the first time we? did this before it was ruled unconstitutional. Early 80's all of a sudden wives owned a lot of businesses
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158
    Swaye said:

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

Nope.

I think you nailed it. Some guys I went to grad school ended up at doing retail banking. Nothing special. Some other guys I went to grad school with ended up at mega hedge funds in NYC, and those guys were nailz. You want to go live life like it's "Billions," be smart af and ready work 16 hours a day. Want to go work at Wells, be able to tie shoes and chew bubble gum.
    What is the masters program required by Orkin?
    “Don’t ever ask me about Your business, Kate”
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter

We're getting a lot of material on affirmative action contracting now. I'm old enough to remember the first time we? did this before it was ruled unconstitutional. Early 80's all of a sudden wives owned a lot of businesses

Exactly, back then we had several businesses set up companies with wives and daughters as sole owners. All virtue signaling
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    want to be happy? walk away from it all and garden/fence/play for 16 hours a day

Edit: and poor
    edited September 2020
    LebamDawg said:

want to be happy? walk away from it all and garden/fence/play for 16 hours a day

r

yeah, I’m gonna pass.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter

Chase doesn't have this problem

I'd vote for Jamie Dimon for POTUS in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't even think twice about it.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

I'd vote for John Dutton for POTUS in a heartbeat.

For those in the dark, it was a reference to the previous poast.

I'd vote for Jamie Dimon for POTUS in a heartbeat.

I’d use all of my votes.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

Nope.

I have severely underachieved in life.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

Nope.

I have severely underachieved in life.
    One can only imagine your ceiling if under achieving means a salmon dial fp journe.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

Swaye said:

doogie said:

Goduckies said:

Nope.

Cock Wrangling?