Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is a pretty balanced look at climate change

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Nothing Purple Pills has said is sound scientific theory.

That's why he's stupid.

That's Sun-Doesn't-Warm-The-Earth fucking stupid.

Sun doesn't warm earth, water vapor isn't a more prevalent greehouse gas than CO2, CO2 is lighter than air. Holy shit you are stupid! Mix up some baking soda and vinegar, set up a ramp of lit candles in a basin, and see the shit for yourself.

Here is another Satan for you and your bible thumping ilk to slay:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-01/uota-sfi010614.php
    Making blanket statements that are not entirely relevant to the basic climate mechanics causing global warming is not scientifically honest.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,953 Founders Club
    edited January 2014

Making blanket statements that are not entirely relevant to the basic climate mechanics causing global warming is not scientifically honest.

The facts on the ground are that there has been a negligible impact on climate from the increase of anthropogenically produced/released CO2. Again, around 1 degree since 1880. Less if you use centigrade.

What side is being dishonest? The lying, thieving religious wackos you side with predicting fire and brimstone for the last two decades or people like me pointing out that the earth's temps are flat over the last 15 years?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    All of a sudden collegedoog is too busy when we get to the heart of the matter. Nowhere in the volumes of shit he has posted is there any cost benefit analysis or any science on what we have to do when to get what result. For such a settled science that is so dialed in that is very strange.

I guess we'll just buy some fucked up lightbulbs and put even more taxes on fuel and let it play out.

Pathetic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

All of a sudden collegedoog is too busy when we get to the heart of the matter. Nowhere in the volumes of shit he has posted is there any cost benefit analysis or any science on what we have to do when to get what result. For such a settled science that is so dialed in that is very strange.

I guess we'll just buy some fucked up lightbulbs and put even more taxes on fuel and let it play out.

Pathetic

The thing you can't seem to comprehend is that there is no easy fix to this problem. We can't continue to rely on fossil fuels and we can't immediately cut off the head.

You want me to give you an easy solution to the problem. The thing is I can't.

I can disprove that the AGW skeptics are dumbfucks, however.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

CollegeDoog said it isn't about warming anyway. He said "oil is great", and shifted the debate to what will people in the next three or four generations use when the oil supply fails to meet demand. Isn't that correct? In that debate, it isn't about science, it's about economics. A topic he is woefully lacking in.

"Finance is his 'wheelhouse'".

Wrong again.

Since Mann and co initially published their findings comparing medieval temperatures today, there have been breakthroughs in other temperature measuring devices such taking ice cores, which confirm the initial findings.

Mann actually released a new research paper that found that the "little ice age" between 1400 and 1700 were caused by shifts in solar radiance and other natural factors that are not occurring today.

Dozens of other studies have found that global mean surface temperature has been higher the last few decades than at least the previous four centuries.

And even if the hockey stick was busted, which it isn't, would it matter? The case for AGW came from climate mechanics and not the preceding centuries. They are just there for comparison's sake.

Fucktarded, as always with the skeptics.

Wow. Mann's original stuff was proven fake and wrong, but its real because he's published subsequent work vetted by his same friends that vetted the original work that agrees. BRILLIANT. I see you ignored the question on proxies...probably better for you. I'll be kind and not embarrass you by mentioning how wrong the climate models have been shown to be. And if you think any scientific work in which they say here are the results, but you can't look at the data used or the method used to calculate it (whether it be Mann's x, y, or z paper, Hanson's fake temperature data, etc. ) is legit then no one can help you.

Beyond all that...I'm sorry you don't have at least a rudimentary understanding of thermodynamics and economics and at least have a grasp of understanding that if you wanted to do something spending money on wind or solar cells is about the dumbest economical way possible to do it because it doesn't remove the huge capital costs required to supply the grid when those sources are not available. At least get on board with the former founder of Greenpeace and admit that if you want to see these types of changes nuclear is the only realistic path, or Lomborg and realize the politics are drowning out more legit ways to spend money to help people.

Or keep repeating yourself over and over with false bravado about how right you are in your own mind...a lot of Ty's supporters did the same.

LOL I'm glad you brought up thermodynamics because now you're operating in my #Wheelhouse.

The thermodynamic mechanism of global warming could not be more clear to anyone with an understanding of basic atmospheric physics and molecular composition.

If you want to argue against laws of thermal physics like Kirchhoff's law of thermal radiation, and proven theories such as the greenhouse effect be my guest.

I can already bet you're going to say the first law of thermodynamics, "energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed," is proof that the CO2 doesn't cause temperature increases. Fox News has actually trotted out a meteorologist to argue that this law is proof that AGW is impossible, not realizing that in doing so he is arguing against the greenhouse effect (which was actually developed a century ago). The CO2 emitted isn't the external source of heat, it's the sun. The increased CO2 traps the infrared rays reflected by the Earth's surface on a greater scale, which is then reflected in all directions (Kirchhoff's law) and in doing so warms the earth. In 2013 we passed 400 parts per million, an unprecedented number in all of the Holocene. It's only going to increase faster and you can guess what those ramifications will be.

If you want to argue against that go ahead, but trying to disprove the laws of physics is generally a losing battle, and you may want to save yourself the embarrassment.
    I can't keep track of all of CollegeDoug's "Wheelhouse"[s]...

Finally admits he wants to fuck the poor and middle class

You know what REALLY fucks the poor and middle class?

Things like the 2012-2013 drought which cost farmers between 75-150 Billion, and affected US GDP by .5-1%.

Higher food prices historically fuck over the poor the most.

It's a big picture thing.

Finally, he mentioned the $1 Trillion for the Obamacare Experiment?

The problem is the Oil lobby which strangles legislative progress and works the system to the tune for $24 Billion worth of annual tax breaks (and people think it's the scientists that are financially motivated).

YEAH! $24 Billion! That's why Obama had to throw $1 Trillion down the Green toilet in just one year to help keep up! YEAH!

Remember "Finance (or something) is his Wheelhouse."

Pathetic

The thing you can't seem to comprehend is that there is no easy fix to this problem. We can't continue to rely on fossil fuels and we can't immediately cut off the head.

So in other words, your settled science with all the answers can't provide the only answer that matters. So go ahead and shut the fuck up until it can. You haven't proved shit

That's exactly what I fucking said.

The greenhouse effect is the most important climate mechanism in global warming.

Hth.

Retard.

False.

Solar activity = #1
    Water = #2

The effect of CO2 is smaller than your feeble brain.

There has been no change in solar activity significant enough to explain the recent warming of the planet.

Do I need to show pictures covering the basics?

Increased CO2 traps more infrared rays and thus traps more heat.

Hth
    Pictures are my Wheelhouse.

There has been no change in solar activity significant enough to explain the recent warming of the planet.

Do I need to show pictures covering the basics?

Increased CO2 traps more infrared rays and thus traps more heat.

Hth

Recent warming? Temps are flat over the last 15 years and have only increased about a degree since 1880 despite the added CO2.

Increased water vapor traps more infrared rays and thus trap more heat. Amount of water vapor > amount of CO2 gas. Let's ban water!

Fucking idiots like you are just getting crooks like Al Gore rich.....

• All of a sudden collegedoog is too busy when we get to the heart of the matter. Nowhere in the volumes of shit he has posted is there any cost benefit analysis or any science on what we have to do when to get what result. For such a settled science that is so dialed in that is very strange.

Pathetic

So in other words, your settled science with all the answers can't provide the only answer that matters. So go ahead and shut the fuck up until it can. You haven't proved shit

The science is settled.

The solutions are in progress.

Hth
    edited January 2014
    This thread doesn't have enough charts. IS THIS THE "HOCKEY STICK CHART"?

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    edited January 2014
    RaceBannon-So in other words, your settled science with all the answers can't provide the only answer that matters. So go ahead and shut the fuck up until it can. You haven't proved shit

You've entered creationist territory with that one.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Can we go back to talking x's and o's, critiquing whores, and bashing Kim?
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    WTF is this nonsense?

Pollution is a negative externality - true. Market failure in theory

But if you're going to do an honest cost/benefit analysis, and your trump card is anthropological climate change, make sure to count the positive externalities as well

For example, my drunk brother in law is now able to grow all kinds of red wine grapes in N-Central WA. Just whites in decades past. This has grown his business exponentially. Count it

RaceBannon-So in other words, your settled science with all the answers can't provide the only answer that matters. So go ahead and shut the fuck up until it can. You haven't proved shit

You've entered creationist territory with that one.

The only one peddling faith here is collegedoog.
  • When Purple Pills stops peddling misleading half truths like,

"The Sun is solely responsible for heating the Earth,"

"CO2 isn't the most important greenhouse gas,"

Or

"Averages for the last 15 years are constant,"

He can have a seat at the big boy table.

Until then, c'est la vie.
    The solutions are in progress. We just don't have any cost benefit analysis or idea what they are. Too busy scaring the sheep. Have faith