Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is a pretty balanced look at climate change

Comments

• Lol right it's all a big scam to brainwash the masses!!1!1!1!!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Lol right it's all a big scam to brainwash the masses!!1!1!1!!

Not your best effort for a 2000th post.

Not even close.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club

Lol right it's all a big scam to brainwash the masses!!1!1!1!!

That's what a brainwashed person would say

• Look at it this way.

The people who are skeptic of climate change are essentially the doogs who after 5 years of Sark's record, still held out hope he would be a great coach. They pointed to shit like Don James mediocre first few seasons, or recruiting rankings, even though it was a dishonest comparison.

The HHB's like us are able to look at all the data, the mountain of evidence that Sark was a mediocre coach, by looking at road record, artificial schedule boosts against shitty OOC and the like. It's the same for people who can look at all the data supporting climate change, observe what's happening around them, and accurately assess what's happening.

You fucks are being doogs.

Global Warmoogs.
  • Lol right it's all a big scam to brainwash the masses!!1!1!1!!

Not your best effort for a 2000th post.

Not even close.
    Fuck can I get a redo?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Look at it this way.

The people who are skeptic of climate change are essentially the doogs who after 5 years of Sark's record, still held out hope he would be a great coach. They pointed to shit like Don James mediocre first few seasons, or recruiting rankings, even though it was a dishonest comparison.

The HHB's like us are able to look at all the data, the mountain of evidence that Sark was a mediocre coach, by looking at road record, artificial schedule boosts against shitty OOC and the like. It's the same for people who can look at all the data supporting climate change, observe what's happening around them, and accurately assess what's happening.

You fucks are being doogs.

Global Warmoogs.

One of the worst forms of pressing this site has seen.
  • Ok. So I'm drunk at 2:20AM and reading Hardcore Husky which is usually a bad combination (or great combo however you wanna look at it), but realized I hadn't actually read this whole article.

And wow. That wasn't even close to a balanced look at climate change. It took the views of one scientist and tried to frame it into a greater understanding of the entire issue.

If you did any research into Richard Lindzen you would find that he did some good work in the beginning of his career but has now been outcast from the scientific community for dishonest and highly speculative views on climate change.

"Dr. Lindzen is “feeding upon an audience that wants to hear a certain message, and wants to hear it put forth by people with enough scientific reputation that it can be sustained for a while, even if it’s wrong science,” said Christopher S. Bretherton, an atmospheric researcher at the University of Washington. “I don’t think it’s intellectually honest at all.”"

Lindzen's last bastion of climate change skepticism has to do with the "Iris effect" which he uses to claim that there's really no problem there, when in actuality,

"The most elaborate computer programs have agreed on a broad conclusion: clouds are not likely to change enough to offset the bulk of the human-caused warming. Some of the analyses predict that clouds could actually amplify the warming trend sharply through several mechanisms, including a reduction of some of the low clouds that reflect a lot of sunlight back to space. Other computer analyses foresee a largely neutral effect. The result is a big spread in forecasts of future temperature, one that scientists have not been able to narrow much in 30 years of effort."

" When Dr. Lindzen first published this theory, in 2001, he said it was supported by satellite records over the Pacific Ocean. But other researchers quickly published work saying that the methods he had used to analyze the data were flawed and that his theory made assumptions that were inconsistent with known facts. Using what they considered more realistic assumptions, they said they could not verify his claims.

Today, most mainstream researchers consider Dr. Lindzen’s theory discredited. He does not agree, but he has had difficulty establishing his case in the scientific literature. Dr. Lindzen published a paper in 2009 offering more support for his case that the earth’s sensitivity to greenhouse gases is low, but once again scientists identified errors, including a failure to account for known inaccuracies in satellite measurements.

Dr. Lindzen acknowledged that the 2009 paper contained “some stupid mistakes” in his handling of the satellite data. “It was just embarrassing,” he said in an interview. “The technical details of satellite measurements are really sort of grotesque.”

Last year, he tried offering more evidence for his case, but after reviewers for a prestigious American journal criticized the paper, Dr. Lindzen published it in a little-known Korean journal."

Sorry Race, that article was shoddy journalism with a clear slant. Nowhere did the writer challenge Lindzen's highly speculative theory. Lindzen basically says that the rest of the community is engaged in groupthink that comes from a reliance on government grants for research. So in short he's a conspiracy theorist.

That shit wasn't chess, or checkers, not even LIFE. Probably closest to Candyland.

“Even if there were no political implications, it just seems deeply unprofessional and irresponsible to look at this and say, ‘We’re sure it’s not a problem,’ ” said Kerry A. Emanuel, another M.I.T. scientist. “It’s a special kind of risk, because it’s a risk to the collective civilization.”

All those quotes can be found in:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/01/science/earth/clouds-effect-on-climate-change-is-last-bastion-for-dissenters.html?pagewanted=all

Maybe he should have used fake data, piss-poor discredited statistics, and made a fake hockey stick to claim global warming? There is group think in the science community right now on this...you have about 5 guys who get a boatload of govt money and peer review their own papers to drive the discussion, and then they hide all their data so no one can question them.

It would be comical if it wasn't true...
    Wait did you seriously mention the hockey stick graph? The same graph, that after several challenges was proved to be statistically correct, and supported by dozens of follow up studies done by peers?

It's comical because you think any aspect of what you said is true.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    edited January 2014

Wait did you seriously mention the hockey stick graph? The same graph, that after several challenges was proved to be statistically correct, and supported by dozens of follow up studies done by peers?

I know its true. Its more comical you've been brainwashed enough not to question it, even after 15+ years of flat global temperatures against it. Hell...you probably don't even understand the proxy studies they are trying to use.

Don't blame me that Mann and Co are too scared to publish their data sets...every one uncovered so far has been shown to be both fraudulent and piss-poor in statistical analysis.
  • Wait did you seriously mention the hockey stick graph? The same graph, that after several challenges was proved to be statistically correct, and supported by dozens of follow up studies done by peers?

I know its true. Its more comical you've been brainwashed enough not to question it, even after 15+ years of flat global temperatures against it. Hell...you probably don't even understand the proxy studies they are trying to use.

Don't blame me that Mann and Co are too scared to publish their data sets...every one uncovered so far has been shown to be both fraudulent and piss-poor in statistical analysis.
    Wrong again.

Since Mann and co initially published their findings comparing medieval temperatures today, there have been breakthroughs in other temperature measuring devices such taking ice cores, which confirm the initial findings.

Mann actually released a new research paper that found that the "little ice age" between 1400 and 1700 were caused by shifts in solar radiance and other natural factors that are not occurring today.

Dozens of other studies have found that global mean surface temperature has been higher the last few decades than at least the previous four centuries.

And even if the hockey stick was busted, which it isn't, would it matter? The case for AGW came from climate mechanics and not the preceding centuries. They are just there for comparison's sake.

Fucktarded, as always with the skeptics.
    Skeptics are the half brains. You're swallowing Ty's cum

HTH

Skeptics questioned Hitler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Skeptics are the half brains. You're swallowing Ty's cum

HTH

Skeptics questioned Hitler

The skeptics have never been right about anything Mr. Section14a

Calling Richard Lindzen a respected voice on climate change is like gargling Herbstreit's cum for saying Sark is the best playcaller in America.
    Skeptics were right about Husky football dumbass. We didn't swallow like you. Lindzen was respected enough to be on the original report.

You wouldn't even make the scout team
    I like to believe everything I am told and then compare myself to the people that didn't believe a fucking thing.

I'm CollegeDoogFuckingStupid like that
  • Skeptics were right about Husky football dumbass. We didn't swallow like you. Lindzen was respected enough to be on the original report.

Still gargling Lindzen's balls. The point is he was good in the beginning but turned bitter and political and his scientific work suffered. Sad really.

Two different kinds of skeptics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

I like to believe everything I am told and then compare myself to the people that didn't believe a fucking thing.

The doogs held out hope against mountains of scientific analysis and comparison conveying that Sark and Ty were bad coaches.

The climate skeptics are doing the same thing.

hth
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Just so we're clear, you could call 9/11 truthers "skeptics".

Skeptics were right about Husky football dumbass. We didn't swallow like you. Lindzen was respected enough to be on the original report.

Still gargling Lindzen's balls. The point is he was good in the beginning but turned bitter and political and his scientific work suffered. Sad really.

Two different kinds of skeptics.
    He was good when he agreed with the crowd. When he thought for himself he had to be discredited. Just like us half brains. Not you. You're out Fredo

The doogs held out hope against mountains of scientific analysis and comparison conveying that Sark and Ty were bad coaches.

The climate skeptics are doing the same thing.

hth
    No. Not even close

I'm not holding out hope for anything because there is nothing to hope for. We're not all going to die. Sorry to disappoint you.

Rather than following the crowd of everybody says so we think for ourselves. You're out Fredo