Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will you still care when/if UW football returns?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

IDGAF about UW or any college football in the Covid era. If they need to play in empty stadiums to keep the lights on then so be it but it’s a throwaway season whoever wins the Natty.

I agree with the consensus here on the Pac potentially being fucked long term by politics. But oh well I’ve got too much of my identity tied up in UW to totally walk away completely. If Jimmy ends up being a dumpster fire I’ll just revert to my 2003- 15 interest level.

Agree there completely. 2020 will always have a *. But #MyIrish looked like they were having a great tim Saturday. So did Coastal Carolina (who?).
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,048
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020
    Doogles said:

Jimminy Chrysler. Bunch of overreacting bitches. Vilifying America by taking a KNEE at kickoff? Say it aint so! We'll care when we have a reason to fire Jimmy Lake? AYFKM with these takes?

Of course we will care. I'm ready for some fucking football, and so are you.

I've seen doogs doog before, but you are the doogiest doog that ever dooged.

Checkout some of the budget heavy hitters that have already played.

A couple of those teams, KOMO it yourself, are in conferences that sold the couch, but they put together a schedule.
    What are you trying to say? Unclear.
    Fuck you are dense.
    What does Conference USA have to do with UW football?

Texas Tech had something like 78 positive Covid cases. We don't know the long term health effects. You ever stop to consider that what the PAC is doing might be, you know, the right thing?

Get it right, then let's play ball.
    Today, Iowa State (yes, them) are ranked and playing a home game.

Washington is not playing, and Cohen has not committed to playing before September 2021.

Anything you think about Washington stature or pull or brand or whatever else has to deal with that reality first.
    Let's evaluate the consequences of not playing when we actually don't play. We're working on playing. I don't see the PAC being the only major conference to not play. And they're doing it right. Have some patience. This is like having a poor recruiting class in April. LIPO.
    Uh, the millions in revenue lost this year. The millions lost being part of a conference that doesn't care. The recruits lost that will go play in the conferences that do care that will generate the money. So the millions lost in the future.

The west coast just gave itself the death penalty because...potential long term health problems to college athletes? Like CTE?

They could announce a season tomorrow and all the whining will be for naught. I'm sure Ohio State and USC and the like are all really gonna suffer. Much ado about nothing. Death penalty? Talk about fear mongering.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020

Jimminy Chrysler. Bunch of overreacting bitches. Vilifying America by taking a KNEE at kickoff? Say it aint so! We'll care when we have a reason to fire Jimmy Lake? AYFKM with these takes?

Maybe take that shit here https://bowdowntowashington.com/

We don't have a season. Wah. Even if we do have a season, we won't really care. Wah. The liberal elites have ruined our lives. Wah. Y'all have created another thing to whine about. Standard fare. Cry some more and take it to the tug, ya sloppy cunts.
    Fuck off. I really wanted a UW season. While I had no expectations, I looked forward to some distraction.
    And I don't?

We're gonna have a season. Relax.
  • Options
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

@Swaye @PurpleBaze and @TommySQC have made it clear that they're done, UW football is irredeemably broken to them.

Swaye has 34,070 poasts on a Husky football message board, which he helps moderate. Baze has 22,845 poasts. Tommy has 4,909.
    So my 22800+ shitposts mean that I can't be burned out on a middling football program that sells us a bill of goods year in and year out? Or who had a coach who was also burned out before a Rose Bowl and then continued to collect a paycheck for a whole 'nother season.

In any case, not that anyone gives a flying fuck what I think, but I'm done with all team sports in general - pro and college. Fuck all of them. I'm not going to waste my time and money on any program.

I feel a great deal of disdain for the Husky football program and UW. Enough is enough with an AD that is not truly interested in fielding a playoff team year in and year out. And the university can kiss my ass for being a PC, leftist haven.

Yes, I'll frequent this board for the fuckery. But I stopped watching Husky football games after last year's Oregon debacle. On top of that I had missed whole or half games last season leading up to Petersen being cucked by Cristobal.

Rest assured, I can find better things to for 4 hours on a Saturday than watching some lethargic team underperform yet again.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

@Swaye @PurpleBaze and @TommySQC have made it clear that they're done, UW football is irredeemably broken to them.

Swaye has 34,070 poasts on a Husky football message board, which he helps moderate. Baze has 22,845 poasts. Tommy has 4,909.
    So my 22800+ shitposts mean that I can't be burned out on a middling football program that sells us a bill of goods year in and year out? Or who had a coach who was also burned out before a Rose Bowl and then continued to collect a paycheck for a whole 'nother season.

In any case, not that anyone gives a flying fuck what I think, but I'm done with all team sports in general - pro and college. Fuck all of them. I'm not going to waste my time and money on any program.

I feel a great deal of disdain for the Husky football program and UW. Enough is enough with an AD that is not truly interested in fielding a playoff team year in and year out. And the university can kiss my ass for being a PC, leftist haven.

Yes, I'll frequent this board for the fuckery. But I stopped watching Husky football games after last year's Oregon debacle. On top of that I had missed whole or half games last season leading up to Petersen being cucked by Cristobal.

Rest assured, I can find better things to for 4 hours on a Saturday than watching some lethargic team underperform yet again.

Weak!
  • Options
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

Weak!
    You're projecting again.
  • Options
    Founders Club

We don't have a season. Wah. Even if we do have a season, we won't really care. Wah. The liberal elites have ruined our lives. Wah. Y'all have created another thing to whine about. Standard fare. Cry some more and take it to the tug, ya sloppy cunts.
    Fuck off. I really wanted a UW season. While I had no expectations, I looked forward to some distraction.
    And I don't?

What changed in the last week science wise to allow this to happen?
    If the Big 10 plays, the PAC plays.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,243
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And I don't?

What changed in the last week science wise to allow this to happen?
    If the Big 10 plays, the PAC plays.
    Science?
  • Options
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

Weak!
    You're projecting again.
    No, it's just that you're a faggot.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm glad I went to Atlanta for the CFP and to the Rose Bowl ... who knows what the future looks like in that regard.

I'm pretty indifferent to what is going on right now because it's very clear to me that the PAC is fucked in its current construct ... the Big 12 essentially is as well.

Until the PAC does what is required to be serious about football going forward, it's fun and all but I'm realistic about what the ceiling is.