Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fortunately,

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Unemployment payments are a state thing and the governors originally said no to the 300 then said yes They heard from people who understand

Now the democrats are letting Trump EO the money to the people. I get the plan but seems risky IMO

Are democrats tanking for the lottery pick?
    Democrats can't help but to shoot themselves over this thing.
    Seems more calculated to me. Much fewer people will pay attention to the nuances of congressional negotiations than will feel the economic pain at the ballot box come November.

We're well past the point of actual governance and legislating paying off. Letting the majority party foot the bill for inaction has become the go-to strategy.
    But no expanded small business relief and that UE backstop is only half of the first iteration. We've only had a little over a month with the stimulus spicket turned off. Things are going to get worse fast, especially with evictions picking up steam.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

Unemployment payments are a state thing and the governors originally said no to the 300 then said yes They heard from people who understand

Now the democrats are letting Trump EO the money to the people. I get the plan but seems risky IMO

Seems more calculated to me. Much fewer people will pay attention to the nuances of congressional negotiations than will feel the economic pain at the ballot box come November.

We're well past the point of actual governance and legislating paying off. Letting the majority party foot the bill for inaction has become the go-to strategy.
    But no expanded small business relief and that UE backstop is only half of the first iteration. We've only had a little over a month with the stimulus spicket turned off. Things are going to get worse fast, especially with evictions picking up steam.
    I know they are. Warned about it in March. Probably could have used some panic on what we? did to the economy.

I get daily updates from my wife on the shit Newsom is pulling. Its all about the illegals while he was saying no to the 300 bucks. She hates him with the flames of a thousand burning suns.

Trump gets and will continue to get blame but when you have Queen Nancy and her ice cream while people's lives crumble there is room to spread it around
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,207 Swaye's Wigwam

Marx hated the petite bourgeois, aka the small business owner and working class. He hated them because they were mostly set reliant had some ambition to get to the top tier and were not easy to radicalize as a result. But their support and action was necessary for revolution. So what do you do? You kill their ability to be self sufficient with fast economic meltdown so they don’t have time to react to maintain status. Now you can radicalize them.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    In AZ, folks are mooching off the $300
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,161
    HHusky too stupid to see the long game. Kill off all the old, unhealthy people and Medicaire and Social Security might actually become solvent.

Evictions are not actually picking up steam. No data supports that statement right now.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

HHusky too stupid to see the long game. Kill off all the old, unhealthy people and Medicaire and Social Security might actually become solvent.

Fuck off. I was advocating this back when you girls were against it.

Evictions are not actually picking up steam. No data supports that statement right now.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/business/eviction-moratorium-order.amp.html

I intentionally chose that phrase because the bar for "picking up steam" is comically low considering there's been federal and municipal bans on evictions for much of the pandemic.

The article above details how that moratorium for renters of federally backed mortgaged properties expired at the end of July. There's an extension in place, but it's done on an application basis and is a relatively lukewarm measure.

The rest of the country's renters are at the mercy of their city or state. These renters in Texas are already getting the boot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/08/25/texas-evictions-coronavirus/amp/

You'd be naive to think more aren't coming.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,207 Swaye's Wigwam

Did another 78 year old with stage 4 colon cancer and late stage dementia who happened to have Covid die again?

6.5 million cases is a joke. I'd be shocked if the real number is under 30mil.

And the death totals are and have always been inflated
    , because any death of a Covid patient regardless if Covid is the primary cause or not is counted.

But continue to hide in your parent's basement champ.

Actually the death count is probably under counted right now. Excess deaths in the US from March-July was 200k over the average year.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/12/us/covid-deaths-us.html

Across the United States, at least 200,000 more people have died than usual since March, according to a New York Times analysis of estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This is about 60,000 higher than the number of deaths that have been directly linked to the coronavirus.
    This is a bad take even for you.
    You can't postpone reality forever

@GreenRiverGatorz is right
    edited September 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/business/eviction-moratorium-order.amp.html

I intentionally chose that phrase because the bar for "picking up steam" is comically low considering there's been federal and municipal bans on evictions for much of the pandemic.

The article above details how that moratorium for renters of federally backed mortgaged properties expired at the end of July. There's an extension in place, but it's done on an application basis and is a relatively lukewarm measure.

The rest of the country's renters are at the mercy of their city or state. These renters in Texas are already getting the boot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/08/25/texas-evictions-coronavirus/amp/

States that have allowed the eviction bans to expire are still at lower than normal eviction rates. I have the data and talk to the experts every week.
    edited September 2020

States that have allowed the eviction bans to expire are still at lower than normal eviction rates. I have the data and talk to the experts every week.
    The states that haven't are the issue. The numbers of mortgage holders with missed payments is higher than the 07 crash

Non payment of rent multiplies the problem

In California that is

Lower than most previous years? Of course. We've had a period of near-zero evictions since March. My entire point is that the honeymoon for delinquent renters that has largely been enjoyed through this pandemic is coming to an end.

Assume it's 60 million. How does that help your argument?

Lower than most previous years? Of course. We've had a period of near-zero evictions since March. My entire point is that the honeymoon for delinquent renters that has largely been enjoyed through this pandemic is coming to an end.
    I get trying to forecast with a crystal ball. The data right now shows only 1% higher default rate on rents for 11 million surveyed units across the country. In theory, more people will be evicted without rent subsidies, but so far that has not been the case at all for any states where the eviction bans have been repealed. Eviction rates are still lower than historic data.

I'm not talking about eviction rates where bans are still in place - obviously you have a 0% rate if there's a ban. I'm talking about places where bans have expired and people can now be evicted again.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    HHusky said:

My argument is that you're retard if you think it's the common flu, and you're a retard if you think it's the second coming of the black plague. The virus is deadly but not even close as severe us the media and you like to say it is. There are people on here that think this whole thing is a joke. Both are wrong. I pointing out how you view of concern over this is influenced by skewed data and information. Shit should not be closed down, but we should be wearing masks. That's my argument.

HHusky said:

My argument is that you're retard if you think it's the common flu, and you're a retard if you think it's the second coming of the black plague. The virus is deadly but not even close as severe us the media and you like to say it is. There are people on here that think this whole thing is a joke. Both are wrong. I pointing out how you view of concern over this is influenced by skewed data and information. Shit should not be closed down, but we should be wearing masks. That's my argument.
    I think of it as having killed 196,000 Americans officially, and probably closer to 220,000 in reality. It will have officially killed about 400,000 Americans by the end of the year. Not unprecedented, but unprecedented in the lives of anyone posting here.

We should be wearing masks and we should have had a national response, not an abdication of responsibility by the POTUS.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I think of it as having killed 196,000 Americans officially, and probably closer to 220,000 in reality. It will have officially killed about 400,000 Americans by the end of the year. Not unprecedented, but unprecedented in the lives of anyone posting here.

We should be wearing masks and we should have had a national response, not an abdication of responsibility by the POTUS.
    Again, they are grouping people that died who happened to have Covid in that number. Someone that died of a heart that had Covid is being counted as a Covid death even when it can't be proven that Covid had any impact at all in it. So you are basically inflating an already inflated number. That's what makes you a lemming.

The president did try and shut down the border at the beginning. Do we need to revisit the fight the left made when he tried initially?