Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our long national nightmare is over

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

for those that believe the SEC hype is a myth, explain why one loss Michigan State ( who just beat the number two and number four teams back to back) being ranked behind two loss Auburn

Because dropping a team for losing in the final minute to the undisputed #1 team in the nation is fucktarded.

And since two game runs seem to matter to you, Auburn just beat #1 and beat #5 before playing another #1. They deserved to be in that title game, therefore they're the #2 team in the nation.

Wins and losses matter. One loss AQ team>>Two loss AQ team 99% of the time
    Determining who is #2 and who is #3 in the final poll doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

for those that believe the SEC hype is a myth, explain why one loss Michigan State ( who just beat the number two and number four teams back to back) being ranked behind two loss Auburn

Because dropping a team for losing in the final minute to the undisputed #1 team in the nation is fucktarded.

And since two game runs seem to matter to you, Auburn just beat #1 and beat #5 before playing another #1. They deserved to be in that title game, therefore they're the #2 team in the nation.

Is it really that hard to just say "yeah your probably right."???

Come on.

If the question was, "Is Auburn a really good team that can play with anyone?," the answer is yes. The question was why did they deserve to be number 2 with two losses over a comparable one loss team? nobody has really answered that besides recycled "SEC is great," "Moral victory vs. FSU" and "They beat good SEC teams." If their SOS is number three and Michigan State's is 87th, sure I'll admit they have a strong argument.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

dnc said:

translation: Fire Marshall Bill was right and I can't come up with an argument so I will say it doesn't matter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2014

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

translation: Fire Marshall Bill was right and I can't come up with an argument so I will say it doesn't matter
    The argument has already been poasted AND it doesn't matter.

Abundance wins again.

• Options

dnc said:

Come on.

If the question was, "Is Auburn a really good team that can play with anyone?," the answer is yes. The question was why did they deserve to be number 2 with two losses over a comparable one loss team? nobody has really answered that besides recycled "SEC is great," "Moral victory vs. FSU" and "They beat good SEC teams." If their SOS is number three and Michigan State's is 87th, sure I'll admit they have a strong argument.
    Auburn's schedule was 13th and MSU's was 51 per Sagarin.

And again, Florida State was clearly the #1 team in football, and Auburn took them to the final minute. They did nothing in that game to prove they did not deserve to be there. You can argue "moral victory" all you want to but isn't that all the difference between being ranked 2nd and 3rd is anyway?

If you want to build the case that Michigan State deserved to be in the championship game over Auburn go right ahead. Once Auburn got in (deservedly, IMO) and played that well against the clear best team they earned the final #2 ranking, IMO. And in the opinion of those who matter.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Come on.

And again, Florida State was clearly the #1 team in football, and Auburn took them to the final minute. They did nothing in that game to prove they did not deserve to be there. You can argue "moral victory" all you want to but isn't that all the difference between being ranked 2nd and 3rd is anyway?

If you want to build the case that Michigan State deserved to be in the championship game over Auburn go right ahead. Once Auburn got in (deservedly, IMO) and played that well against the clear best team they earned the final #2 ranking, IMO. And in the opinion of those who matter.
    If it's that big a deal, just wait a few years, buy yourself a banner that says "20xx Co-National Champs" hang it in the stadium. Nobody will care.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Come on.

If it's that big a deal, just wait a few years, buy yourself a banner that says "20xx Co-National Champs" hang it in the stadium. Nobody will care.
    Tawdy! True?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I'm going to interject and make a pointedly doogish comment about this game. Refs - STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE GAME in the last few minutes and let them battle it out and let the one who wants it most win the game instead of calling a mother fucking holding penalty and putting the fucking ball on the 2 mother fucking yard line. Fucking stupid refs.

It was obviously the right call. You don't change the way you call the game because of what the clock says. Interference is still interference.

Swallowing your whistles is the refs deciding the game.
    This.

Call the game the same way the whole way, or you are the NBA.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014
    If only the dumb fuck Georgia DBs didn't bail Auburn out, or Wazzu didn't coog, or Nick Saban didn't go full retard then this would all be mute.

Auburn was a team of destiny, but not even their evil SEC juju could overcome the jolliest rapist in the land after being spotted 18 points.

MSU #2
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I'm going to interject and make a pointedly doogish comment about this game. Refs - STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE GAME in the last few minutes and let them battle it out and let the one who wants it most win the game instead of calling a mother fucking holding penalty and putting the fucking ball on the 2 mother fucking yard line. Fucking stupid refs.

It was obviously the right call. You don't change the way you call the game because of what the clock says. Interference is still interference.

This.

The NFL playoffs and I just chuckled
  • Options

dnc said:

This.

That's the way the NFL playoffs should be called too.

The officials last week were great. Even Jeff fucking Triplette did a good job.

Great pressing as always though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

I already poasted the argument AND it doesn't matter.

Abundance wins again.

10 years ago I wouldn't give a rat's ass

10 years ago there usually weren't 5-6 SEC teams in the top 15

Sagarin ranks Allburn as 13th s.o.s and MSU 51st. That's not enough of a disparity i.m.o. Take care of WSU at home and don't beat UGAy at home by a miracle, then we'll talk leapfrogging one loss teams.
  • Options

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

Sagarin ranks Allburn as 13th s.o.s and MSU 51st. That's not enough of a disparity i.m.o. Take care of WSU at home and don't beat UGAy at home by a miracle, then we'll talk leapfrogging one loss teams.
    So to be clear, your position is that moral victories should not be considered in rankings, but moral losses should?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Auburn also suffered a 2 TD beat down to a 3 loss LSU. That result was real.
    MSU lost a squeaker to a 4 loss ND after a record number of questionable PI calls in South Bend. That result was real.

Either way, it won't be interesting, because it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Fuck, it's just not funny anymore. It's like revenge of the nerds around here. Goes to show 80% of you guys around here are fucking geeks. Post (oh I'm supposed to say 'poast' hee hee) something refreshing. Mora to the Seattle storm! Hardy har har. Fucking dweeb round here now. That's what happens when you invite too many dawgmen over. Close the fucking gates Derek.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

This.

So its the way the NFL should be called when they change it up but not the NBA and I'm the one pressing.

Got it
  • Options

dnc said:

This.

So its the way the NFL should be called when they change it up but not the NBA and I'm the one pressing.

Got it
    You misunderstood. The NFL should not be changing how the game is called and it typically doesn't.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

13th to 51st isn't a big enough disparity? Jesus Christ man. There's only 120 teams and MSU is in an AQ conference. That's a terrible schedule.

Also you said "wins and losses matter" and then complain about Auburns wins. You are blinded by your SEC hate. DNC thinks you're wrong and he hates the SEC too.
  • Options

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

13th to 51st isn't a big enough disparity? Jesus Christ man. There's only 120 teams and MSU is in an AQ conference. That's a terrible schedule.

Also you said "wins and losses matter" and then complain about Auburns wins. You are blinded by your SEC hate. DNC thinks you're wrong and he hates the SEC too.
    Case closed
  • Options

dnc said:

This.

Biggest upset so far in 2014 was that statement. I was surprised he didn't make a game changing blown call.