Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our long national nightmare is over

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

for those that believe the SEC hype is a myth, explain why one loss Michigan State ( who just beat the number two and number four teams back to back) being ranked behind two loss Auburn

Because dropping a team for losing in the final minute to the undisputed #1 team in the nation is fucktarded.

And since two game runs seem to matter to you, Auburn just beat #1 and beat #5 before playing another #1. They deserved to be in that title game, therefore they're the #2 team in the nation.

Wins and losses matter. One loss AQ team>>Two loss AQ team 99% of the time
    Determining who is #2 and who is #3 in the final poll doesn't matter.
    translation: Fire Marshall Bill was right and I can't come up with an argument so I will say it doesn't matter
    I already poasted the argument AND it doesn't matter.

Abundance wins again.

10 years ago I wouldn't give a rat's ass

10 years ago there usually weren't 5-6 SEC teams in the top 15

Sagarin ranks Allburn as 13th s.o.s and MSU 51st. That's not enough of a disparity i.m.o. Take care of WSU at home and don't beat UGAy at home by a miracle, then we'll talk leapfrogging one loss teams.
    So to be clear, your position is that moral victories should not be considered in rankings, but moral losses should?
    Show where I said that.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

for those that believe the SEC hype is a myth, explain why one loss Michigan State ( who just beat the number two and number four teams back to back) being ranked behind two loss Auburn

Because dropping a team for losing in the final minute to the undisputed #1 team in the nation is fucktarded.

And since two game runs seem to matter to you, Auburn just beat #1 and beat #5 before playing another #1. They deserved to be in that title game, therefore they're the #2 team in the nation.

translation: Fire Marshall Bill was right and I can't come up with an argument so I will say it doesn't matter

Abundance wins again.

Sagarin ranks Allburn as 13th s.o.s and MSU 51st. That's not enough of a disparity i.m.o. Take care of WSU at home and don't beat UGAy at home by a miracle, then we'll talk leapfrogging one loss teams.
    13th to 51st isn't a big enough disparity? Jesus Christ man. There's only 120 teams and MSU is in an AQ conference. That's a terrible schedule.

Also you said "wins and losses matter" and then complain about Auburns wins. You are blinded by your SEC hate. DNC thinks you're wrong and he hates the SEC too.
    Auburn barely beat WSU. At home. As previously. stated.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

13th to 51st isn't a big enough disparity? Jesus Christ man. There's only 120 teams and MSU is in an AQ conference. That's a terrible schedule.

Also you said "wins and losses matter" and then complain about Auburns wins. You are blinded by your SEC hate. DNC thinks you're wrong and he hates the SEC too.

And Michigan State beat Minnesota 14-3, Purdue 14-0 and Western Michigan 26-13. All of which were played. At home.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Is it really that hard to just say "yeah your probably right."???

Come on.

If the question was, "Is Auburn a really good team that can play with anyone?," the answer is yes. The question was why did they deserve to be number 2 with two losses over a comparable one loss team? nobody has really answered that besides recycled "SEC is great," "Moral victory vs. FSU" and "They beat good SEC teams." If their SOS is number three and Michigan State's is 87th, sure I'll admit they have a strong argument.

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

In the first quote, you discard their strong performance in a loss against the undisputed #1 team in the nation as a "Moral victory vs FSU", and conclude that is not an argument for ranking Auburn #2. In the second quote, you reference their unimpressive performances in victory over WSU and UGA as reasons they should not be ranked #2.

So impressive performance in a loss ("moral victory") should not be considered but unimpressive performances in wins ("moral losses") should be considered.

Hth, but I'm pretty sure you already knew this.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2014

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

And Michigan State beat Minnesota 14-3, Purdue 14-0 and Western Michigan 26-13. All of which were played. At home.
    Fire Marshall Bill's double standard couldn't be more transparent here. One could say he has an agenda or something.

I suppose that means Fire Marshall Bill has reached Kim Grinolds territory in this thread.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2014
    Kim territory? Now you go too far.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

dnc said:

Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Abundance wins again.

So to be clear, your position is that moral victories should not be considered in rankings, but moral losses should?
    Show where I said that.
    See the post you made immediately after this quoted post for details.