Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adidas Gear 2.0

biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited September 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
Some new stuff released today per my spam email.

This includes another round of Ultraboosts at $180 a pop. They’re different than last years shoe. I remember the scarcity of the shoes being a sore point so get them while you can.

https://www.adidas.com/us/huskies-ultraboost-1.0-dna-shoes/FY5811.html

Edited to add a preemptive fuck off damone.

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    biak1 said:

Edited to add a preemptive fuck off damone.

you might want to edit the href while you're at it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020
    White souls doesn’t work for me.

Neither does $180. $150 is the max ive spent on shoes. One pair of Cole Hans and a pair of high arched brooks runners.

When’s the black version come out 🤣
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big fan. Bought myself a pair.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    You guys miss Nike yet? This is sad...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think they look great, but no way in hell am I paying $180 for a pair of tennis shoes.
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I ordered some because I’m a sucker for most things UW and I hate money.

Where is all the new gear? The design team taking the year off too? There is absolutely nothing new (or from last year) on adidas‘ site, the UW Athletics page, nor the UBookstore. Guess making gear readily available so alumni/fans will buy it is some kind of novel concept the AD can’t grasp. JFC

Gotta agree with @jecornel on this- the adidas merch rollout has been ATROCIOUS
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Welcome to 2 days ago
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@Doog_de_Jour triggered 2.0

Why do you taunt me @PurpleBaze?

I see that these are still available, probably because they were fucking UW branded, which is what they should’ve done the FIRST TIME so the sneaker heads from LSU, Minnesota Vikings, etc. weren’t snapping them up!

*sigh*

It’s fine. I have a lovely pair of purple New Balances that I’m happy with.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

White souls doesn’t work for me.

Neither does $180. $150 is the max ive spent on shoes. One pair of Cole Hans and a pair of high arched brooks runners.

When’s the black version come out 🤣

Who TF are you, the Great Spirit?
    Yes?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry a lot of you sound old. These shoes are sick. Kids are wearing adidas way more than Nike these days since ye put his model out and these in particular are very wearable
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Sorry a lot of you sound old. These shoes are sick. Kids are wearing adidas way more than Nike these days since ye put his model out and these in particular are very wearable

I don’t know if kids wear more Adidas. I bet that is probably not true. Adidas did come back from the dead tho.

The worst phase was when people tried to pretend Under Armour was cool and better than Nike.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Canadawg said:

I don’t know if kids wear more Adidas. I bet that is probably not true. Adidas did come back from the dead tho.

The worst phase was when people tried to pretend Under Armour was cool and better than Nike.
    There was a definite point where Under Armour made a product that at least I found to be better than Nike ... personally Nike isn't a product that I enjoy wearing whether from a workout standpoint or golf related gear, etc.

Adidas I think has hurt UA more than Nike has.

From a golf gear standpoint, I really liked some of the UA shirts that I had about 5 years ago. The shirts are still ok. Adidas really has overtaken them in terms of quality for both shorts and shirts. Travis Mathew is for me the best product that I've worn in a while though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020
    Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

There was a definite point where Under Armour made a product that at least I found to be better than Nike ... personally Nike isn't a product that I enjoy wearing whether from a workout standpoint or golf related gear, etc.

Adidas I think has hurt UA more than Nike has.

From a golf gear standpoint, I really liked some of the UA shirts that I had about 5 years ago. The shirts are still ok. Adidas really has overtaken them in terms of quality for both shorts and shirts. Travis Mathew is for me the best product that I've worn in a while though.
    TM is a humble brag teq. Never heard of it and looked it up. Good looking shit, fucking expensive dude. Ross sell it or something or you just slanging that bitcoin as well...?

Edit: so for sake of not sounding like a hypocrite with a post in this thread. Is spending $150 on shoes like spending $90 on a polo? I say no but I’ll leave it to the judges to decide.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

If a shoe is not “very wearable,” what exactly is it?