Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Tale of Two Conventions

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    I didn't watch any of the @dnc because they're a bunch of bullies, so if you're telling me it was all doom and gloom then I'll have to take your word for it.

But I did tune in last night. And outside of Scott and Haley, who were pretty well measured, I felt like I was watching the opening ceremonies of an insurrection. Guilfoyle in particular was batshit insane throughout her entire speech.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,504 Founders Club
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

I didn't watch any of the @dnc because they're a bunch of bullies, so if you're telling me it was all doom and gloom then I'll have to take your word for it.

But I did tune in last night. And outside of Scott and Haley, who were pretty well measured, I felt like I was watching the opening ceremonies of an insurrection. Guilfoyle in particular was batshit insane throughout her entire speech.

Guilfoyle, agreed she was bad but the rest of line up was pretty good. Old Cuban guy was good, H. Walker was good, Don Jr. wasn't bad. The black woman running for Congress from Baltimore was good.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It may be a flaw of mine ... but I don’t understand people that are always thinking through the lenses of racism

I know that blatant racism and discrimination is out there in the world ...

But we are collectively doing a disservice in addressing the legitimate racism/discrimination out there by saying that anything doesn’t go your way is a form of racism or discrimination ... there will always be people that don’t like you or treat you unfairly ... you can either cry about it and allow it stop you or you can keep moving forward
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,571 Standard Supporter

She has a nice rack - but I'd rather see #mykaleigh up there smoking weed and talking shit like Lane Kiffen.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Swaye said:

I watched some of the DNC convention, and some of the RNC last night. Independent of your political philosophy, anyone else struck by the general tone differences? The GOP (last night anyway) seemed to be a message of opportunity. The DNC was full of grievance. One group says America is great and can be better. The other says America is deeply flawed and needs complete cleansing. The contrast is sharp and clear.

It's so much easier to put on a good convention when you don't have to try and lie and mislead people on who you really are.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I watched some of the DNC convention, and some of the RNC last night. Independent of your political philosophy, anyone else struck by the general tone differences? The GOP (last night anyway) seemed to be a message of opportunity. The DNC was full of grievance. One group says America is great and can be better. The other says America is deeply flawed and needs complete cleansing. The contrast is sharp and clear.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

You purposely singled out the one speaker who did poorly in order to paint with a broad brush.
    That's mass market politics, baby.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,233
    I actually liked her she did her speech like the crowd would have been there. She would have had them riled up multiple times.
    Goduckies said:

I actually liked her she did her speech like the crowd would have been there. She would have had them riled up multiple times.

She has a pretty nice rack. So there's that.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter
    The dems look like their women were just in a Lesbian manhood bus crash!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,504 Founders Club

She's a Democrat

Ok was. Can't believe she would marry Newsom. Speaks poorly for her
    Holy fuck -I was today many days old when I learned Kimberly Guilfoyle was married to Gavin Newsom.