Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Tale of Two Conventions

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
I watched some of the DNC convention, and some of the RNC last night. Independent of your political philosophy, anyone else struck by the general tone differences? The GOP (last night anyway) seemed to be a message of opportunity. The DNC was full of grievance. One group says America is great and can be better. The other says America is deeply flawed and needs complete cleansing. The contrast is sharp and clear.

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,843 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020
    Well put. That is exactly the perspective I had. One uplifting and counting on people to take advantage of what the country has provided each of us and the other telling everyone they are a victim, that the country is horribly flawed and that big government has the answer to everything.

A 4 year politician/businessman who did his part to widen the possibilities for all Americans and truly believes in the greatness of this country and the other a very flawed and failed, lifetime 47 year establishment politician who is too afraid to come out of his basement and is not very proud of this country that has given him so much. 47 years and this is his perspective. Pretty sad.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Swaye said:

I watched some of the DNC convention, and some of the RNC last night. Independent of your political philosophy, anyone else struck by the general tone differences? The GOP (last night anyway) seemed to be a message of opportunity. The DNC was full of grievance. One group says America is great and can be better. The other says America is deeply flawed and needs complete cleansing. The contrast is sharp and clear.

Pretty much.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,342 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

With all due respect....what else would it be?

Why would the DNC say everything is great with a Republican as President?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

This.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

MelloDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

This.
    Only if you think you are currently living under a dictatorship and aren't free. But the lefts promising exactly that!
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,843 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020
    Well put. That is exactly the perspective I had. One uplifting and cou
    HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

Did you watch the DNC Convention? The hate for Trump (in reality he represents everyone who doesn't think like rats, that's why they hate him so much). Even when they weren't blaming Trump for their woes and victimization they were constantly telling Americans that they were living in a hell hole. That there is a racist around every corner. Their entire convention was wrapped around dividing the races. That is not because of Trump, that is all the dem platform. You know why I know this? Its because it has been their platform for 3 decades.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,342 Swaye's Wigwam

Well put. That is exactly the perspective I had. One uplifting and cou

HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

Did you watch the DNC Convention? The hate for Trump (in reality he represents everyone who doesn't think like rats, that's why they hate him so much). Even when they weren't blaming Trump for their woes and victimization they were constantly telling Americans that they were living in a hell hole. That there is a racist around every corner. Their entire convention was wrapped around dividing the races. That is not because of Trump, that is all the dem platform. You know why I know this? Its because it has been their platform for 3 decades.
    You don’t need to namecall.....be better