Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SCIENCE: Senior Epidemiologist: Wearing Face Masks Is “Very Dangerous”

13»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,571 Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

"By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain."

— Russell Blaylock, MD

Ah yes, I too get my medical advice from a guy who thinks chemtrails are killing us all.

https://youtu.be/rCErrX_bWew
    Feel free to share your medical credentials.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

"By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain."

— Russell Blaylock, MD

That sounds scary. Like those black guns look.

Scary.

Woof said:

— Russell Blaylock, MD

Ah yes, I too get my medical advice from a guy who thinks chemtrails are killing us all.

lol

This is what you do when you know you're full of shit but lack the stones to admit it.
    edited August 2020
    dflea said:

— Russell Blaylock, MD

That sounds scary. Like those black guns look.

Scary.

Woof said:

— Russell Blaylock, MD

lol

This is what you do when you know you're full of shit but lack the stones to admit it.
    sure.gif

“Face masks should be used only by individuals who have symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing, sneezing, or, in some cases, fever. Face masks should also be worn by healthcare workers, by individuals who are taking care of or are in close contact with people who have respiratory infections, or otherwise as directed by a doctor. Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill. Face masks should be reserved for those who need them because masks can be in short supply during periods of widespread respiratory infection. Because N95 respirators require special fit testing, they are not recommended for use by the general public.” (Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA); April 21, 2020 Volume 323, Number 15 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694)
    You're going to continue?

lol

Go ahead.
    dflea said:

You're going to continue?

lol

Go ahead.

sure.gif.

But it's my turn to hit the old folks homes and cough on granny today so make it quick.

No, no - you go ahead and get on your way. Granny can't hold out forever for you to come and kill her with covid.

Besides, I already flung enough poop in this thread. It loses a bit of its appeal after you toss a few chunks.

Enjoy the day though - this is when all the fuckers that don't live in the pacific northwest miss out.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

doogie said:

I have a lot to say on this subject, but will leave it at this: some of you are wrong and some of you are right. The science isn’t really confused.

what’s the matter, mask got your tongue?
    no. that would be your wife's pussy.

[burn.gif]
    Wife smack... And to think I once considered you a learned man of the law.
    Not my best moment, agreed. I actually felt the shame coursing through my veins as I typed it.

But, I’m immature and couldn’t resist. He pretty much served it up when he typed “tongue”. What was I supposed to do?

The chicom crud just doesn't go away. It is there until the infection rate is less than 1. What does go away are employers. Protect the old people and those with bad existing medical conditions and open up. Biden demanding that tennis players were masks is like pretending that wearing garlic cloves will protect you.

Preaching to the choir. I've been on Team Open Back Up for some tim now.

If the masks help this thing on the margin ... some percentage that we'll never know ... while we are opening back up, then I'm in. I've been back east for about a week now and will be here for another 9 days. I've eaten out for breakfast and dinner each day and plan to continue doing so. The same woman who's in her late 60s (at best) has served me breakfast, and the salty old guy who's slinging the corned beef hash is wearing one too. They're serving and I'm buying. It's all good.

Of course state rules about who opens and who doesn't are going to be stupid and half-thought out and selective and bullshit. It's state government. What did we? expect.
    Check back with us next week. Or 18 days. 36 tops. My guess is you’re a dead man walking.
    I do feel kinda funny now that you mention it.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

The assumption with the science is that people wear their masks properly at all times.

If you're not afraid to leave the house, do an experiment today and observe the amount of mouth breathers pulling there masks down to talk, getting them stuck on their lips and nose, putting their fingers in their mouth and face to readjust, then take their newly moistened finger to the keypad or door.

Without getting into what masks work and don't, there is an objective argument, outside a lab with shitty human application, masks are more harmful than not.

I wear one if the business asks me to, but let's not pretend this isn't a clown show.

Standing in Chipotle six feet apart at the entry until you get shoulder to shoulder by the glass, leaning into each other yelling for more chicken. Science.

Shit is a complete joke. Protect the elderly, let everyone else decide for themselves.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

HHusky said:

The chicom crud just doesn't go away. It is there until the infection rate is less than 1. What does go away are employers. Protect the old people and those with bad existing medical conditions and open up. Biden demanding that tennis players were masks is like pretending that wearing garlic cloves will protect you.

Of course state rules about who opens and who doesn't are going to be stupid and half-thought out and selective and bullshit. It's state government. What did we? expect.
    Daddy punted to 50 governors. Whatever crazy-quilt we have, it's because Daddy is gutless and disinterested in being President when things get tough.
    I thought he was an authoritarian dictator?

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

HHusky said:

Daddy punted to 50 governors. Whatever crazy-quilt we have, it's because Daddy is gutless and disinterested in being President when things get tough.
    I thought he was an authoritarian dictator?

Fair. We? gotta pick a horse here HH. Can’t have it both ways. We? all know kicking to the states will lead to a wide variety of outcomes. If that’s unacceptable, then we? can’t cry despot if he leans in.

I myself think that anything qualifying as a nationaL emergency is ripe for federal jurisdiction. This arguably should have been Trump’s show 100% from the get-go.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,503 Founders Club
    My governor did great and didn't want a national mandate

#Noem2024
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

doogie said:

I have a lot to say on this subject, but will leave it at this: some of you are wrong and some of you are right. The science isn’t really confused.

what’s the matter, mask got your tongue?
    no. that would be your wife's pussy.

[burn.gif]
    Well, that would be me then. Taste good?