Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Uber/Lyft Looking to Shut Down in California Tomorrow

2»

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    doogie said:

For Drivers who want to drive for both, nothing changes. Each trip is independent of every other trip. ( Teamsters are muscling in to change that)

Uber or Lyft will simply calculate .58/mile for your 6 block trip and tag it onto your receipt like the airport fee and county tax, city tax, insurance fee that they do now.

It changes a lot for the driver, doesn’t it?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited August 2020
    Union dues, assigned times and areas to drive, mileage charges, driver benefit charges, local/state taxes Yes, there are rumors of big changes coming to a Rideshare receipt near you

There are rumors of other entrants on the sidelines when Lyft and Uber stop running. Other than Waymo, who?.gif.

Lyft and Uber are Coke and Pepsi now and everything else is just cola at this point. The two big Dawgs are happy to let “New entrants waiting on the sidelines with dicks in hands” wrestle with California Regulators for awhile and deal with other locals who are serious about dealing to set the agenda.

California losing tens of thousands of rides overnight forces workers back into transit, like it or not.

It’s also best to double/triple the cost of something After an election
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,233
    doogie said:

For Drivers who want to drive for both, nothing changes. Each trip is independent of every other trip. ( Teamsters are muscling in to change that)

Uber or Lyft will simply calculate .58/mile for your 6 block trip and tag it onto your receipt like the airport fee and county tax, city tax, insurance fee that they do now.

That isn't clear at all doggie
  • tap1thur29weretakentap1thur29weretaken Member Posts: 64
    Best discussion topic in history of Pacific Online Washington University message board.

Death to Uber and Lyft!
    Goduckies said:

doogie said:

That isn't clear at all doggie
    Agree that nothing is for sure in the future of ride share but, it’s trending this way from my angle.
    edited August 2020

Best discussion topic in history of Pacific Online Washington University message board.

Death to Uber and Lyft!

sure. gif

People like their on demand mobility. Now that everyone wants to stick a hand in the cookie jar, let’s see what folks are willing to pay.
  • tap1thur29weretakentap1thur29weretaken Member Posts: 64
    doogie said:

Death to Uber and Lyft!

sure. gif

People like their on demand mobility. Now that everyone wants to stick a hand in the cookie jar, let’s see what folks are willing to pay.
    Notice Mr. @doogie that these are astonishing events in the history of transportation. We have these incidents in our past and in our history of piety. Many people of California are prepared to sacrifice Uber and Lyft with own hands, with complete willingness!

You might wish to be portraying a dark picture of the situation with hundreds of tongues and hundreds of means. If there is a strong point in your country, they deny it outright. They either maintain silence or deny it completely. Well, good tasks are being carried out in the country, but none of them, whatsoever, is reflected in America ride sharing smartphone applications. If there is a weakness, they magnify it ten, and sometimes, a hundred times. Why do they do so? They do it in order to undermine the people’s morale and hope, in particular that of your youth. This is because when youth are hopeful, they become extraordinarily dynamic. Youth play a pioneering and leading role. However, if they have no hope, they stop moving, like a taxi car which runs out of gas. They stop moving without hope.

We do hope residents of Bear Republic consider alternative, Tapsi/Tap30 ride sharing application!

https://youtu.be/FJaqDWfLTaU

Tapsi/Tap30.ir
    With the stay until October that means they only have to shit down one month until the election. All I know is that being an employee is not a good thing. I would've thousands in income and my freedom
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
    This is an interesting thread.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

Someone already mentioned the DUI aspect but I’d love to see a before & after study looking at the impact of Uber/Lyft on DUIs. This is so dumb that only liberals could think of it.

I do know that when Austin banned ride services they had a material increase in DUIs. Taxis just can't handle random trips. They are fine if you are at the airport and want to go downtown or home. But being in a bar and trying to get a taxi is not easy.
    5% reduction on average. I was surprised it wasn't more, but drunk people are idiots. The worst part is the people who don't plan ahead. In SF every Friday and Saturday night I drove past several accidents while ubering. A cabbie was actually killed from a head on when a drunk got on the wrong direction of the freeway. I love driving especially picking up a van full of 6 hot women(that was the best perk of the job) but I am glad not to now. Was worried I would get taken out by an idiot.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,578 Standard Supporter
    The Throbber refuses to take a side until Allah and @Yousef_#1UberDriver weigh in.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    Uber drivers are on the hook for all maintenance, insurance, gas, and repair costs. After deductions, they don't make a lot. There's always outliers. We're talking averages.

I'm sure municipalities and states want more revenue at times like these, but it doesn't change the fact Uber screws them.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam

Uber drivers are on the hook for all maintenance, insurance, gas, and repair costs. After deductions, they don't make a lot. There's always outliers. We're talking averages.

I'm sure municipalities and states want more revenue at times like these, but it doesn't change the fact Uber screws them.

And they are free not to work for Uber.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

The ultimate liberal view of the working man. The fact that the actual drivers don't want to be treated as employees is to be ignored because the leftard elites know what is best for the working man. The actual drivers clearly don't know what is best for them. Toss in the fact that the leftard law makers that passed AB5 don't give a sh*t about the private sector workers.