Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Shoppe Has Moved (aka pump my gas Duck)

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

If you go to Missoula, or anywhere else in Montana, the only people that won't hate you are the other imports. Everyone else will think you're a piece of shit liberal cocksucker looking to change their way of life.

Bend went through that 20-30 years ago, and now the imports outnumber the locals. It's pretty safe for liberal cocksuckers there now.

Knowing a lot of folks from Idaho and Montana, this seems to be true. I have my Eastern Washington street cred to fall back on and will keep my educational background on the DL should I move there or any other conservative area.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

If you go to Missoula, or anywhere else in Montana, the only people that won't hate you are the other imports. Everyone else will think you're a piece of shit liberal cocksucker looking to change their way of life.

Bend went through that 20-30 years ago, and now the imports outnumber the locals. It's pretty safe for liberal cocksuckers there now.

Knowing a lot of folks from Idaho and Montana, this seems to be true. I have my Eastern Washington street cred to fall back on and will keep my educational background on the DL should I move there or any other conservative area.
    Do the Hillary. Speak in a cuntry accent
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Bend?

Yup. Now it’s a life of perving on hot Milfs and super faggy fruity beers. I had a cucumber sour ale and I didn’t hate it.
    Tell us how good the cucumber sour claw is as soon as they come out.

My daughter worked at the Deschutes Brewery - decent grub and beer.

Good move to get the hell away from Seattle
    Easy @LebamDawg....Cucumber “dry soda”, vodka and a little vinegar.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    my taste runs on cheap beer and wine
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dflea said:

I've spent a lot of tim in Montana. It is 100% true.

The good news is that it's relatively easy to fake it.
  • Options

Congrats on the move, although I am somewhat questioning judgment by going to Oregon and not Idaho or another red state. But I get that those PNW lifers (of which I am one) probably have a hard tim fully divesting from skiing, water, etc. Smart move to cash out the Seattle equity right now.

Thought about Missoula.
    Missoula is definitely great for outdoor activities, but the winters are brutal. Bend is a better choice imo.
    Missoula is in the banana belt of MT so not that cold. But I think they get a lot of grey inversion days in the winter. Bend is vastly better weather.
    I guaran-fucking-tee you the coeds at U of Montana are exponentially hotter than Central Oregon Community College.

IKW
    Don’t disagree. But the MILFs of Bend > Missoula.
    Recurring maintenance cost too high.

Griz coeds just need a couple pitchers of beer and a truck bed.

#oldschool
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Say "ain't" a lot, throw in a few "I seen"s and be sure to call the creek a crick, and you'll slide by unnoticed. Same advice if you visit Shelton.
    And Aberdeen. Spent a month in either town, and your'e tanned, rested and ready to fake it in Montana.
  • Options

dflea said:

I wouldn’t know anything about that. ;)
    Hot damn you are en fuego lately Doog of the day.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,860
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020

dflea said:

dflea said:

Say "ain't" a lot, throw in a few "I seen"s and be sure to call the creek a crick, and you'll slide by unnoticed. Same advice if you visit Shelton.
    And Aberdeen. Spent a month in either town, and your'e tanned, rested and ready to fake it in Montana.
    Until they ask you what school you went to.

You’ll assume they mean college.

Then you’re outed. Because they don’t.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

Harder when your Cuban.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    First beer is on me next time I’m in Bend outside of this COVID bubble