Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

We never wanted him anyway.

I'm getting the feeling we're headed into the dark ages of singing the praises of 2-star diamonds in the ruff who shit and piss favorable colors.

If that's the recipe for success vis-a-vis winning, I'm all for it; it just doesn't seem like it works terribly often.

Haven't we been there the last years?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

theLSkid said:

His team lost to a fourth place in Wesco Stanwood. The Spartans, who stunk, scored 40 on the Lincoln defense. Sounds like a must have for my Dwags!

Ok and Travis Hunter's high school lost to a bunch of hicks from Graham?
    I get what you're saying but the hicks from Graham didn't have a game closer than 27 points and beat a pretty good Lake Stevens team like a red headed step child in the title game. They are a legit good team. Stanwood was a 5-5, option offense, Wesco team. They sucked and ran train on the Lincoln defense.
    GK is a way better program than Lincoln lbr here.
    It makes sense, hard nosed optio

His team lost to a fourth place in Wesco Stanwood. The Spartans, who stunk, scored 40 on the Lincoln defense. Sounds like a must have for my Dwags!

So Jayden not being a big enough game changer to beat a mediocre Wesco team = Travis Hunter not being a big enough game changer to beat arguably the best high school team in the country.

I get that right?
    Other than Mater Dei probably dropping 70 on GK, yes.
    Wood still not offered? Grades shitty?
    Yeah but the point is, it doesn't matter. One kid can’t win a fucking football by himself. You can just run away from him all game and shift pass protections
    I’m telling you bro, a 5 star should be dominating. It’s really that simple.
    Smalls sucked in high school relative to the hype. Very little production. People didn’t care. They just were excited he was highly ranked. In the 2020 year he looked pretty good for a freshmen a few times. Looked non existent this year. People will defend him to the end if he continues to suck though. Like bees to the honey with the Tbs crowd.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

We never wanted him anyway.

I'm getting the feeling we're headed into the dark ages of singing the praises of 2-star diamonds in the ruff who shit and piss favorable colors.

If that's the recipe for success vis-a-vis winning, I'm all for it; it just doesn't seem like it works terribly often.

Either you get real 5 stars like Bama or you get football players who make football plays

Its not either or its do you have the coach that can recognize, close, and develop

If it was easy I would do it. The pay is pretty good

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Although he makes a nice catch he shows very little “want to” at defensive end.
    He offers no backside pursuit whatsoever and it also doesn’t appear in this short reel that poor little Starwood ran away from him at all.
    What say you now boys?
    Not impressed unless he makes huge strides as a senior. Does “ look” the part though and I’m sure they drool about him during the retarded 7 vs 7 seasons that seem oh so important these days. Hard pass

https://youtu.be/pG9O43Ahxj0

I really don’t care if he doesn’t try against Stanwood.
    Wasn’t that a winner to state game though? Guess it doesn’t matter…..
    He has traits. Saban wants him. Shut the fuck up dude.
  • Options

theLSkid said:

I get what you're saying but the hicks from Graham didn't have a game closer than 27 points and beat a pretty good Lake Stevens team like a red headed step child in the title game. They are a legit good team. Stanwood was a 5-5, option offense, Wesco team. They sucked and ran train on the Lincoln defense.

So Jayden not being a big enough game changer to beat a mediocre Wesco team = Travis Hunter not being a big enough game changer to beat arguably the best high school team in the country.

I get that right?
    Yeah but the point is, it doesn't matter. One kid can’t win a fucking football by himself. You can just run away from him all game and shift pass protections
    WDWHA
  • Options
    we went 4-8 I really don’t want to hear this too good for in state 4/5 stars especially when he’s a take at Alabama. It’s embarrassing
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We went 4 and 8 with instate all Stars

Kind of the point

No one said UW was too good so maybe shut the fuck up dude

• Options

Kind of the point

Maybe shut the fuck up and stop being embarrassing? He’s legitimately a take at Alabama and you guys are going through the first stages of WDWHA.
  • Options

Kind of the point

Maybe shut the fuck up and stop being embarrassing? He’s legitimately a take at Alabama and you guys are going through the first stages of WDWHA.
    Everyone is a take until it’s time to accept a commitment. If he puts film out like last year a bama type program isn’t taking him. Someone good will because of his measureables. He is just not a dominant player and is a project. It’s nothing to get offended about.

If he has a good work ethic he probably will be good but far from a top 25 player.
  • Options

Kind of the point

Everyone is a take until it’s time to accept a commitment. If he puts film out like last year a bama type program isn’t taking him. Someone good will because of his measureables. He is just not a dominant player and is a project. It’s nothing to get offended about.

If he has a good work ethic he probably will be good but far from a top 25 player.
    this is just cringe WDWHA cope. He hit a kid who Utah offered on a double move and dusted him. He has rare athletic ability.
  • Options

Kind of the point

this is just cringe WDWHA cope. He hit a kid who Utah offered on a double move and dusted him. He has rare athletic ability.
    Uw would and should take him. They need physically rare guys that can develop. A program like bama though, they will do better. Their scholarship will go to someone that matches the traits with dominance on the field be it via the portal or high school.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Not saying he’s trash and I agree we should take him if possible but the only thing 5 star about this kid is his frame and maybe speed.
    I’d gladly take lower rated guys who work super hard to improve and compete till the end.
    He went to the Stan Hood and got his lunch money stolen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kind of the point

I don't care

Its all bullshit until it isn't

Sign him. Or don't
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

theLSkid said:

I get that right?
    Smalls sucked in high school relative to the hype. Very little production. People didn’t care. They just were excited he was highly ranked. In the 2020 year he looked pretty good for a freshmen a few times. Looked non existent this year. People will defend him to the end if he continues to suck though. Like bees to the honey with the Tbs crowd.
    Jimmy was a piece of shit as a head coach. Bob "My Best Friend Coach Pete Was Going to Fire Me as LB Coach but Didn't Have the Stones So He Quit" Gregory was the DC. HTH.

I'm willing to give Savvy another year before I call him a bust.
  • Options

Kind of the point

I don't care

Sign him. Or don't
    Then shut fuck up?
  • Options
    Emoterman said:

theLSkid said:

I get that right?
    Jimmy was a piece of shit as a head coach. Bob "My Best Friend Coach Pete Was Going to Fire Me as LB Coach but Didn't Have the Stones So He Quit" Gregory was the DC. HTH.

I'm willing to give Savvy another year before I call him a bust.
    I would give him Longer than another year. He is just not the 5* type kid he was hyped to be. He is closer to joe Mathis type potential who was just okay until his senior year when he was pretty good. If smalls wants to be good I think he still can.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kind of the point

I don't care

Sign him. Or don't
    Then shut fuck up?
    Go ahead. Or keep melting down
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kind of the point

Alabama has better production from 5 stars because they have a roster full of them, it’s a lot harder to see time on the field when everyone had the same hype as you in HS, meanwhile, Jimmy (fuck u Jimmy) and the old staff seemed to stroke the ego of highly recruited guys instead of telling them they can be replaced, that’s the difference imo.