Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mask Census Pole

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,463 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

We have gone out to dinner in a restaurant exactly once...saw some friends, they come over (mask-less, after a few pops) for a hug, and my wife drops a “WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!”...
    That is my wife, she is very protective, and I am at risk (not AIDS)...

My pugilistic skills are rusty (unused for 30 years or so), so we stay home...

Only issue is our next-door neighbors, who are very nice, but have never worn a mask that I’ve seen. Every time the issue comes up, it’s either “fake news”, or “God protects us, it’s His will”...We live in a throw-back neighborhood, gather for drinks in the cul-de-sac, yada-yada. Everyone distances and has masks but that couple.

I don’t trust anyone to look out for me but me (never have)...

HuskyJW said:

I wear my mask everywhere. It’s prolly 20% though

I now my 6 year old daughter pointing them out....”look Dad...they are spreading disease.”

“Yep”

So you brainwashed your 6 year old. Good to know.
    Truth hurts

Plus at 6 she already knows the selfish shitty people walking around
    Kids do their learning at home
    Yep

You are a horrible shitty person if you don’t wear a mask in a public place. And you’re spreading disease.
    Found the Karen.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    Around 81% masked
    At first it was weird. The Internet was telling me that everyone was going to die, we were going to go into a second Great Depression (TBD), and Grandma's horrible death was going to be my fault. Then I go to Home Depot, and there's a 100 person line to get in, butts to nuts, no masks. "Uh, yeah, I'll save this project for later." Definitely 19% mask wearing at first--at best.

Then, to my surprise and building cognitive dissonance, not much happened in my world. The streets in my town weren't at all littered with bodies, and the staff of the local giant hospital have been largely twiddling their thumbs. I've gone back and forth on the mask thing a lot because in my neck of the woods (very low case numbers), it seems a bit like carrying a lightning rod around to fend off rogue lightning strikes. The pandemic--at least the scary news version--doesn't seem to exist here.

Which made me glad when the indoor mask mandate was finally issued. Since the mandate, it's well over 81% masked in businesses, which is fine by me. Honestly, I'd be fine (in my city; I recognize the situation is more dire elsewhere) if either nobody wore them or everybody, just as long as it's not some stupid fucking political decision that I didn't volunteer to make. Before the mandate, I felt like if I didn't wear a mask, 50% of the people around me were thinking I'm an asshole, and if I did wear a mask, 50% of the people around me were thinking I was an asshole. They're both right, but that's besides the point. If the masks save a life or two, I'm all for it, and the mandate making everyone do it means the stupid politicization of every fucking thing in this country can't wrap me up in its dysfunction against my will in this one case.

The reality is that wearing a mask does little to prevent you from catching COVID and might even make your odds worse due to increased touching of your face with your hands to deal with the mask. It's proven to slightly decrease the odds of one spreading the disease to someone else, though, and that's a good thing. (Which also means anytime you see somebody wearing a mask that has one-way valves on it, they're uninformed idiots, btw.) Interestingly, since there's no way a paper thin slice of cotton can stop microscopic aerosol viruses, wearing the mask under the nose might not be the end of the world, as the mask would still be doing its job stopping the much greater threat of spread via droplets from the mouth, things that a paper thin layer of cotton can actually stop.

I don't know. At this point, it's 99% wearing masks inside (and I've never seen anybody say shit to the 1%) and about 50% outside.

/Tequilla
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,355 Swaye's Wigwam
    Essentially everyone masked in public
    Meant to vote to for 81%. I don't wear shit outside. Inside a store, sure, but outside? Fuck that. People have been wearing masks on trails and it's hella funny.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    Around 81% masked

Went camping near the Evergreen space and aviation museum last weekend. Only 20% of the RVs were from Oregon, 60% from California or Washington, and 20% elsewhere. When I was about to leave I went to the clubhouse to take a piss since I already dumped my black water, and saw three dip shits doing laundry without masks on. I asked, "Where are you guys from? " Two said Fresno (I assume a couple), the other said Chahelus? (didn't ask where that is, and don't care). Told them to "LEAVE", and hopefully we'll be closing the gates soon".

Fuck off. You’re clearly not Lewis county tuff.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    Almost no one

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

We have gone out to dinner in a restaurant exactly once...saw some friends, they come over (mask-less, after a few pops) for a hug, and my wife drops a “WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!”...

Only issue is our next-door neighbors, who are very nice, but have never worn a mask that I’ve seen. Every time the issue comes up, it’s either “fake news”, or “God protects us, it’s His will”...We live in a throw-back neighborhood, gather for drinks in the cul-de-sac, yada-yada. Everyone distances and has masks but that couple.

HuskyJW said:

I now my 6 year old daughter pointing them out....”look Dad...they are spreading disease.”

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

You are a horrible shitty person if you don’t wear a mask in a public place. And you’re spreading disease.
    At age 6 the only horrible shitty people she knows are at home
    To make an omelette you got a break some eggs.

Wearing a mask is hard
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,218
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

Not true if it's outdoors. Science and fact.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    Almost no one

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

Agree

Wearing a mask is hard
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020
    Around half
    https://youtu.be/VQpfYAxfiak

This dragged a bit too long (like an SNL sketch), but I laughed at the first part.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,010 Founders Club
    Around 81% masked

Blue governor in red state (Kansas) issues mask order.

Few hours later county says "ignore that evil bitch!"

Few hours later city says "put your fuckin masks on!"

Yakety Sax could be our state song.

Anyway, it's a little more than half wearing masks inside, quite a bit less than half outside. Overall, close enough.

Frankly people here will start caring when college basketball starts, not football.

Same here with the blue governor in a red state and everyone waiting for basketball although the Kentucky football team is a couple levels above Kansas.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

So you are for mark wearing from here to the end of time? Or just when the government tells you not to?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,414 Swaye's Wigwam
    Around 19%
    Not super relevant but we havent had many cases in a long time on the island so people aren't that worried anymore... PAC 12 Football tourney in Victoria?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Around 81% masked

I rock out with my cock out

Rock hard at your age?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

For the life of me I’ve never understood why some people continue to bitch and moan about the mask thing. I don’t think that wearing a seat belt, locking my doors, or not running with scissors is going to keep me 100% safe, but I do those things because it improves my odds. Just like wearing a mask lowers the risk of transmission.

I understand most of this is people reacting to the totally botched handling of the pandemic. Everyone.gif at all levels of government and all political affiliations screwed the pooch big tim, literally destroying our economy and people’s lives. So yes, for some the mask thing was the straw that broke the camel’s back and they’re just doing the very human thing of lashing out and trying to take back control of their lives anywhere they can.

I just don’t think the place to do that is with personal safety. ‘Cause Trump, Inslee, Fauci, etc. don’t give a shit either way.

Everyone that fights over wearing a mask vs not wearing one is retarded.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,734 Founders Club
    Mask discipline was poor at the weed store. Slackers.