Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mask Census Pole

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Around 81% masked
    When I was in SF during the first half of this pretty close to 100 percent, well probably more like 81 percent because the homeless are not masking up, been back in Seattle for the second half because being in a small shitty apartment in SF and working from home with all the bars and restaurants closed blows and its around the same. Unless I’m out on a run I have a mask on me, put them on when I go into the store. Haven’t been out much because I’ve been around my older parents quite a bit - not trying to give them Covid because I really wanted to go to a bar.

When I was flying back to Seattle everyone had a mask on in the plane, and no one sitting directly next to anyone else, most people had them on in the airport unless they were sitting off on their own.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Essentially everyone masked in public
    HuskyJW said:

I wear my mask everywhere. It’s prolly 20% though

I now my 6 year old daughter pointing them out....”look Dad...they are spreading disease.”

“Yep”

So you brainwashed your 6 year old. Good to know.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    Around 81% masked
    here is Lebam I have not seen a mask on anyone. I actually go days without seeing anyone so my count is probably not reflecting the more poplulated areas of Lebam.

When I have gone out to the big city, I will put one on depending on the store. I do the @Doog_de_Jour mouth not nose cover. Steams my ass and my glasses but not in that order. Will take it off when called out for not wearing if properly. Only happened once.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter
    Around 81% masked
    VA only requires masks indoors, with exceptions for eating and exercising. Have also been to Maryland and Delaware in the past month.

Walking around the neighborhood: 10% masked.
    Golf Course: only employees masked
    Tennis: tournament directors masked with the kids (competitors) And adults masked When checking in.
    Gym: only employees masked. Maybe 1 or 2 others wearing
    Pool: none Except food and beverage employees
    Restaurants/wineries: 100% employees and customers when not at a table, 5% when at a table
    Stores: 100%
    Beach: 5%
    Uber: 100%

I picked 81% because everyone is basically following the local guidelines and the case count is pretty low here.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I was just in Long Beach (check out North Jetty Brewing if you're ever that way) and quite a few people out in town were unmasked but in stores it was 100%
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    I should have worded this a little better. Are people were masking as required in your jurisdiction.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

I should have worded this a little better. Are people were masking as required in your jurisdiction.

Inside, yes. Outside, no
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

For real. Thanks.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    Almost no one
    Fishpo31 said:

We have gone out to dinner in a restaurant exactly once...saw some friends, they come over (mask-less, after a few pops) for a hug, and my wife drops a “WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!”...
    That is my wife, she is very protective, and I am at risk (not AIDS)...

My pugilistic skills are rusty (unused for 30 years or so), so we stay home...

Only issue is our next-door neighbors, who are very nice, but have never worn a mask that I’ve seen. Every time the issue comes up, it’s either “fake news”, or “God protects us, it’s His will”...We live in a throw-back neighborhood, gather for drinks in the cul-de-sac, yada-yada. Everyone distances and has masks but that couple.

I don’t trust anyone to look out for me but me (never have)...

HuskyJW said:

I now my 6 year old daughter pointing them out....”look Dad...they are spreading disease.”

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Plus at 6 she already knows the selfish shitty people walking around.

I wish they would just own it...you don’t care about anyone else or if this spreads. Fine. Own it.

I don’t know if I have it...pretty sure I don’t but I really don’t want to give it to anyone I care about as some family members will become gravely ill. I would feel awful

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,734 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

We have gone out to dinner in a restaurant exactly once...saw some friends, they come over (mask-less, after a few pops) for a hug, and my wife drops a “WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!”...

Only issue is our next-door neighbors, who are very nice, but have never worn a mask that I’ve seen. Every time the issue comes up, it’s either “fake news”, or “God protects us, it’s His will”...We live in a throw-back neighborhood, gather for drinks in the cul-de-sac, yada-yada. Everyone distances and has masks but that couple.

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Plus at 6 she already knows the selfish shitty people walking around
    Kids do their learning at home
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,218
    If you wear a mask outside you are a moron.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    Almost no one

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

You are a horrible shitty person if you don’t wear a mask in a public place. And you’re spreading disease.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Around 81% masked
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

You are a horrible shitty person if you don’t wear a mask in a public place. And you’re spreading disease.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    Around 81% masked
    I answered wrong, maybe. It depends where I'm at. Outside and local it's maybe 25% masks? Bigger stores and chains its all 100% by law, but the little stores, gas stations, and even my main weed store aren't enforcing the signs on their doors.

About the closest I've been to getting out and about has been golf courses. Its been about 50% even in pro shops where I've been.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,586 Founders Club
    Everyone I know even the hardcore MAGA’S have ZERO FUCKING ISSUE wearing the mask as long as they get to be out and about. The only cunty person i know still complaining that no one wears masks is my dad and I have no idea what his retired fat sorry ass is talking about
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,734 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Fishpo31 said:

HuskyJW said:

“Yep”

Truth hurts

Yep

At age 6 the only horrible shitty people she knows are at home