Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Europe cases are going up, India in big trouble.

123457»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,590 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244443257.html

we've got death panels in Texas now. As more rural states like like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Miss, SC, and the next major disaster state Georgia have their inevitable death spikes we'll be seeing more of these awful stories.

Idaho is only having a spike because half of Washington, Oregon and Kali are here. A short time ago we had 104 cases total since it supposedly started.
    Panhandle Health mandated masks for Kootenai County yesterday- damned near caused a riot.

Two board members opposed the motion. Glen Bailey, board member and Bonner County Commissioner, said the board should focus more on educating the public on social distancing, washing their hands and wearing masks.

“In my opinion, I do not see that mandating the use of a mask is the answer to this,” Bailey said.

Board member Allen Banks, also of Bonner County, said he does not believe the testing and case numbers are accurate. He also said such a mandate would go beyond the role of the health district board.

The mandate is overly restrictive, he said.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    One resident called the police and declared he had been kidnapped

Old people are sneaky like that
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302

WSJ with profiles in courage promising covid IFR is somewhere between 0.2% and 70%
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

we've got death panels in Texas now. As more rural states like like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Miss, SC, and the next major disaster state Georgia have their inevitable death spikes we'll be seeing more of these awful stories.

In other news...incremental_progress endorses Trump’s border wall.

Amazing how it’s 4 border counties in Texas with the biggest Issues...I wonder what could be impacting that...
    Funny how the article said Starr is 230 miles south of San Antonio rather than just say it’s a border county. Starr and Hidalgo are getting hit hard. Honestly the Texas outbreak is rural more than urban. Houston (Harris Co) is 25th most actively infected per capita, Dallas 30th.

I hate to consider there is some socio-economic effect down there. In Sweden the outbreak was disproportionately represented by immigrants (even though they all have health care) which was attributed to vitamin D deficiency and multi-generational social norms.
    There absolutely is socio-economic effect going on. Latino's and to a lesser degree African Americans are being hit hard. They are the ones disproportionately working essential jobs, and disproportionately live in larger, denser households.

Amazing how it’s 4 border counties in Texas with the biggest Issues...I wonder what could be impacting that...
    Funny how the article said Starr is 230 miles south of San Antonio rather than just say it’s a border county. Starr and Hidalgo are getting hit hard. Honestly the Texas outbreak is rural more than urban. Houston (Harris Co) is 25th most actively infected per capita, Dallas 30th.

I hate to consider there is some socio-economic effect down there. In Sweden the outbreak was disproportionately represented by immigrants (even though they all have health care) which was attributed to vitamin D deficiency and multi-generational social norms.
    There absolutely is socio-economic effect going on. Latino's and to a lesser degree African Americans are being hit hard. They are the ones disproportionately working essential jobs, and disproportionately live in larger, denser households.
    That’s a pretty cheap conclusion to try to draw, I’d prefer to see real data before we pump the company narrative.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,590 Standard Supporter

It's all related to melanin.

Nick Cannon told me so.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

They are also short on Vitamin D. If they choose to live in larger and denser households, why if that my fault? White Europeans were living in larger and denser households for most of American history. Then the suburbs happened. Leftards hate the suburbs. They love larger and denser households packed into the cities with mass transportation also known as petri dishes. Again, why is this my fault?
    Yes that’s the company narrative full of “while we can’t verify this claim we want to believe it’s true”
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

Yes that’s the company narrative full of “while we can’t verify this claim we want to believe it’s true”
    It's not hard the verify this claim. Took me 1 minute to find our state on age-adjusted mortality rate broken out by race. Hispanic is hit the hardest in our state which shouldn't really be surprising given what's happened from May to now.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

I work an essential job. We wash our hands, wear a mask and don't protest with groups of thousands of people. We have had three confirmed cases since the pandemic started. None in two months. It's not the essential jobs it's the epic backyard BBQ's.
    Texas isn’t breaking out mortality race demographics from what I see. Just age.

It's not hard the verify this claim. Took me 1 minute to find our state on age-adjusted mortality rate broken out by race. Hispanic is hit the hardest in our state which shouldn't really be surprising given what's happened from May to now.
    What happened from May to now that targets hispanics?
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 541

Looks to be even with the % of Population, Virus does not seem to discriminate...

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

What happened from May to now that targets hispanics?
    It's likely a combination of issues, and I would suggest that their culture and living conditions are contributing to this. There could also be distrust of the government or apathy toward the disease, too, but those would be harder to measure.
    YouKnowIt said:

Looks to be even with the % of Population, Virus does not seem to discriminate...

Right, those are total deaths, which is why I was interested in age-adjusted rates. As people here have stated, it's more concerning when a 35-year old dies than an 85-year old.

Here is what I found:

So, opening up for everyone doesn't appear to be the problem. I'm opposed to this leftard narrative that one size fits all. I haven't heard one press conference with so-called medical professionals or politicians asking blacks and hispanics to take Vitamin D supplements. I don't know for sure, but I have no idea if hydroxychloroquine is being prescribed early in Oregon or not. If not, lots of deaths are on medical profession. Again, not of this has anything to do with me. Nine million school age children in Cali and not one chicom crud death. That hardly leads the MSM news. We just get a narrative with no facts that we need to protect the kids. Education is not essential.