Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Europe cases are going up, India in big trouble.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    Sad to see this house of cards collapse

• incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

deaths are continuing to surge. Even if Arizona where cases are flat deaths are still rising.

Anyone want to still make the absolutely ridiculous argument that increasing deaths do not lag increasing cases?

Your glee is palpable as you continue to root for the virus.

I'll enjoy watching surviving grannies everywhere doxx your ass, then hunt you down and beat you senseless with their 4-point canes.
    didn't think so. Glad we can at least agree on that now.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

deaths are continuing to surge. Even if Arizona where cases are flat deaths are still rising.

Anyone want to still make the absolutely ridiculous argument that increasing deaths do not lag increasing cases?

I'll enjoy watching surviving grannies everywhere doxx your ass, then hunt you down and beat you senseless with their 4-point canes.
    If you believe the CNN scoreboard that shows almost 20% of global Covid deaths are in the USA, you’re even dumber than I already thought you were. It’s such a Big Lie that it must be true!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302

Yeah but still!

Crispened

I would like to go on the record and say I wish covid didn’t exist AND I wish we didn’t have a global depression looming.

Unfortunately only one of those can be controlled, and it’s everyone’s responsibility. Stay safe, work hard, care for your neighbor
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

The slope of deaths of the western Europe countries has flattened while the US remains steep. Most of the US outside of the NE was spared in April/May when heavy fatalities were happening and we were in somewhat good shape collectively as a nation. But since there were no consistent federal guidelines, a lot of red states decided to reopen early and are now driving the continued rise in deaths.

Here are the death totals from yesterday from the western European countries on that chart and the US. Notice an outlier?

Belgium: 5 (0.4 per 1M)
    Spain: 2 (.04 per 1M)
    Italy: 15 (0.25 per 1M)
    France: 13 (0.2 per 1M)
    Ireland: 0
    US: 1119 (3.4 per 1M)

By the end of the year we will blow past all of these countries with the exception of Belgium for deaths per 1M.

You are really bad at processing data
    Oh yeah? Enlighten me then genius.
    If it were that easy you wouldn’t be an idiot, go back and reread this board for the last 3 months. You might learn something, or more likely you’ll get a headache.
    All the hot takes have been downplaying the virus and moving the goalposts every time deaths and cases hit a new milestone. There was a time when many laughed at the prospect of surpassing the death toll from the swine flu.
    Is this your attempt to sound smart? Vague generalizations about other people being more wrong than you?
    Still waiting for you to explain how I'm interpreting the data incorrectly.
    You’re summing up the national response to a global pandemic based on a sample set of one day. Like calling a marathon based on 1/4 mile splits halfway through.

That’s about as much as I can dumb it down, but please feel entitled to only accepting your stupidity when other people can explain it to you. I have a feeling you were one of those people who got a teacher fired because you flunked a class.
    I shared yesterday's numbers to provide a recent snapshot of where we are right now, 5 months into the pandemic. This virus hit all these countries at roughly the same time. Why is it that we seem to be the only first world nation that has failed to get it under control five months in?

We opened earlier. Do you think the virus just disappeared in Europe? Wait until people start publicly drinking, working, eating in groups. Their cases will go up. Washington has a partially open economy and everyone pretty much wearing a mask in public (I’d say 99.5 out of 100 customers in my store) and cases continue to rise. The only time they flatlined was when we all stayed home. If you think teenagers and twenty somethings weren’t getting drunk together when we were in lockdown you are delusional. They were. The idea that all these cases are coming from parties is a joke. This is a direct result of being partially open and mass testing. Like I’ve said for months. People will get sick, some very sick and fewer yet will die. You can’t close forever, you just can’t.
    edited July 2020

The slope of deaths of the western Europe countries has flattened while the US remains steep. Most of the US outside of the NE was spared in April/May when heavy fatalities were happening and we were in somewhat good shape collectively as a nation. But since there were no consistent federal guidelines, a lot of red states decided to reopen early and are now driving the continued rise in deaths.

Here are the death totals from yesterday from the western European countries on that chart and the US. Notice an outlier?

By the end of the year we will blow past all of these countries with the exception of Belgium for deaths per 1M.

If it were that easy you wouldn’t be an idiot, go back and reread this board for the last 3 months. You might learn something, or more likely you’ll get a headache.
    All the hot takes have been downplaying the virus and moving the goalposts every time deaths and cases hit a new milestone. There was a time when many laughed at the prospect of surpassing the death toll from the swine flu.
    Is this your attempt to sound smart? Vague generalizations about other people being more wrong than you?
    Still waiting for you to explain how I'm interpreting the data incorrectly.
    You’re summing up the national response to a global pandemic based on a sample set of one day. Like calling a marathon based on 1/4 mile splits halfway through.

That’s about as much as I can dumb it down, but please feel entitled to only accepting your stupidity when other people can explain it to you. I have a feeling you were one of those people who got a teacher fired because you flunked a class.
    I shared yesterday's numbers to provide a recent snapshot of where we are right now, 5 months into the pandemic. This virus hit all these countries at roughly the same time. Why is it that we seem to be the only first world nation that has failed to get it under control five months in?

We opened earlier. Do you think the virus just disappeared in Europe? Wait until people start publicly drinking, working, eating in groups. Their cases will go up. Washington has a partially open economy and everyone pretty much wearing a mask in public (I’d say 99.5 out of 100 customers in my store) and cases continue to rise. The only time they flatlined was when we all stayed home. If you think teenagers and twenty somethings weren’t getting drunk together when we were in lockdown you are delusional. They were. The idea that all these cases are coming from parties is a joke. This is a direct result of being partially open and mass testing. Like I’ve said for months. People will get sick, some very sick and fewer yet will die. You can’t close forever, you just can’t.
    Right. And because of responsible policies and people wearing masks an impending spike has been neutered.

In this case cases rising is actually a result of more testing to a large degree.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter

I can't decide what's duller: Your writing or your screen name. Tough decision.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Less about death toll, more about national resiliency.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    If the virus ever mutates to attack low T men, the SJW SoyBoyz (CoronaBros) are fucked.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club

Awesomed for satanic sheep
    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244443257.html

we've got death panels in Texas now. As more rural states like like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Miss, SC, and the next major disaster state Georgia have their inevitable death spikes we'll be seeing more of these awful stories.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964

we've got death panels in Texas now. As more rural states like like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Miss, SC, and the next major disaster state Georgia have their inevitable death spikes we'll be seeing more of these awful stories.

In other news...incremental_progress endorses Trump’s border wall.

Amazing how it’s 4 border counties in Texas with the biggest Issues...I wonder what could be impacting that...
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302

In other news...incremental_progress endorses Trump’s border wall.

Amazing how it’s 4 border counties in Texas with the biggest Issues...I wonder what could be impacting that...
    Funny how the article said Starr is 230 miles south of San Antonio rather than just say it’s a border county. Starr and Hidalgo are getting hit hard. Honestly the Texas outbreak is rural more than urban. Houston (Harris Co) is 25th most actively infected per capita, Dallas 30th.

I hate to consider there is some socio-economic effect down there. In Sweden the outbreak was disproportionately represented by immigrants (even though they all have health care) which was attributed to vitamin D deficiency and multi-generational social norms.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Dude61 said:

Italy and Sweeden took far different approaches to the virus, yet the deaths per million are about the same. Sweeden has arrived at heard immunity without a lock down of its economy.
    Sweden is not within a country mile of herd immunity. Wtf are you talking about?
    Oh you’ve been there mother fucker? Pratar du med vänner? Åh du har inte vänner.

Fuck off with this shit.

Round one is ending in Europe and North America, catch your breath and prepare your anus because winter is truly cuming.
    Sweden isn’t anywhere near herd immunity.
    Usually I take your word for it, but I’m going to need you to focus real hard and form a coherent argument.
    I was simply responding to a bogus claim.
    Welcome to my life you sack of unaborted shit
    BOOM ROASTED
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,147 Standard Supporter

Idaho is only having a spike because half of Washington, Oregon and Kali are here. A short time ago we had 104 cases total since it supposedly started.