Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most Sark players?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Which player most symbolizes the Sark era to you? Here's a few I can think of:

Most Sark players? 43 votes

Jake Locker - Overrated, not that bright, terribly inconsistent. Just a couple manboobs and trips to Joey's from being Sark.
9%
Mad_Son[Deleted User]biak1allpurpleallgold 4 votes
Kasen Williams - Sizzle > Steak.
4%
DoogieMcDoogersonDardanus 2 votes
Myles Jack - We didn't want local players anyway.
9%
RoadDawg55UWhuskytskeetNeGgaPlEaSeBlowItUp 4 votes
Josh Shirley - Looked amazing as a frosh. Not even sure he's still on the team by his junior year.
18%
SweatpantsGeneralGlobalPostGameOrangeSlicesPurpleBazeHomebrew_DawgdncdoogsinparadiseWildcatHB 8 votes
James Atoe - First round LT
11%
IrishDawg22RaccoonHarrySpoonieLuvuw2010Doogles 5 votes
Shane Brostek - Huge hype, forced to play too soon thanks to lack of emphasis on OL, moved out of position, never heard from again
11%
HouhuskychrisvashondhdawgGladstonedroggins 5 votes
Field
34%
section8Fire_Marshall_BilltopdawgncwhlinderDawgtona[Deleted User]PurpleJ79smoothdawgTheHBThe_UndertakerDoubleJDawgdeath2ducks[Deleted User]HuskyHalfBrainPurpleTickler 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you don't vote for 1 of the Oline guys you need to SSBIAFF.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    Shane Brostek - Huge hype, forced to play too soon thanks to lack of emphasis on OL, moved out of position, never heard from again
    Yep, agreed with Irish. When I think Sark, I think about the complete failure to adequately recruit and develop OL. Brostek encapsulates that failure.

Also Locker doesn't deserve to be on that list. Overrated though he is.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I was close to picking shirley but the brostek being on the oline was the ultimate trump card
  • Options
    Josh Shirley - Looked amazing as a frosh. Not even sure he's still on the team by his junior year.
    Gladstone said:

Yep, agreed with Irish. When I think Sark, I think about the complete failure to adequately recruit and develop OL. Brostek encapsulates that failure.

I love Jack, but he is exhibit A for Sark sacrificing a kid and the team for his own ego. Taking away Locker's ability to run was the antithesis of Rick coming in and running the option with Tui.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jake Locker - Overrated, not that bright, terribly inconsistent. Just a couple manboobs and trips to Joey's from being Sark.
    It's Jack because him and Sark mirror each other. Massively overrated because of specific attributes. Jack - arm strength and speed. Sark- being the OC at USC and bringing UW "back" from 0-12. Treated like gods by the doogs. Lockner is still referred to as a legend.

All sizzle, no steak. Both of them.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    BTW there's a good option for the field in Sione Potoa'e representing the complete lack of player development under sark
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

your bullshit about Jake shows what an ass and newbie doogie you are. Jake was a newer version of Tui. Class act, warrior, man of sacrifice, man of heart, gave all for UW. Dnc, shame on you

• Options

dnc said:

your bullshit about Jake shows what an ass and newbie doogie you are. Jake was a newer version of Tui. Class act, warrior, man of sacrifice, man of heart, gave all for UW. Dnc, shame on you

Says the guy who ripped Cody Pickett nonstop week after week in 2002 calling for Casey Paus to start.

#Hicford!

Not such a noob after all.

• Options
    dhdawg said:

BTW there's a good option for the field in Sione Potoa'e representing the complete lack of player development under sark

You could also add Dexter "Hands To The Face" Charles to represent the most penalized team in the history of civilization.

Lots of options.

• Options
    How did Sark sacrifice Jake?
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I love Jack, but he is exhibit A for Sark sacrificing a kid and the team for his own ego. Taking away Locker's ability to run was the antithesis of Rick coming in and running the option with Tui.

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Sark turned Jake into a rich NFL player with a bright future. What sacrifice do you speak of dipshit?
  • Options

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Sark turned Jake into a rich NFL player with a bright future. What sacrifice do you speak of dipshit?
    Jake Almighty.

Doogs gonna doog.

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Atoe. State of Oregon kid and when he signed with UW some at UO were probably thinking "wow, did we miss on this kid"? Uh, no - you didn't.
  • Options
    The Field.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

How many yards did this Oline help Sankey to enjoy? What I thought you ignorant bitches. Sark ' s 2 deep Oline will be the best in the conference next year. Don't let reality slap you guys in the collective cunts. Back to WOW and D&D girls.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

How many yards did this Oline help Sankey to enjoy? What I thought you ignorant bitches. Sark ' s 2 deep Oline will be the best in the conference next year. Don't let reality slap you guys in the collective cunts. Back to WOW and D&D girls.
    Best o line in the PAC-12 he says. Expect 7 wins he says.

Doogs gonna doog.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Puppy, there is a huge difference between run blocking and pass blocking. I think we have the guys who have brute strength and can move a pile. But they lack technique and discipline hence all the sacks and penalties.

Thank God Cozz hit the road and Strausser should make an immediate impact with those guys.
  • Options

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Since I think you're actually serious, here goes. Jake had one incredible talent - he was a great runner. Big, fast, strong, elusive, Jake was a serious threat everytime he took off. His running was something every team had to account for.

Sark comes in and decides he's going to make Jake a pocket passer to show the world what a great QB guru he is, taking away 90% of his greatest asset.

And here's the thing - Jake's greatest asset as a passer is the ability to throw on the move. I don't believe for a second he doesn't go as high or higher if Sark didn't let him do what he did best, ESPECIALLY since Sark never bothered to develop an OL that would allow him to throw well from the pocket. And UW wins at least 3 or 4 more games total with Jake being allowed to run his junior and senior years.

But Sark put a leash on him so people like you would believe that Sark turned him into a rich NFL player. Success!
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Since I think you're actually serious, here goes. Jake had one incredible talent - he was a great runner. Big, fast, strong, elusive, Jake was a serious threat everytime he took off. His running was something every team had to account for.

Sark comes in and decides he's going to make Jake a pocket passer to show the world what a great QB guru he is, taking away 90% of his greatest asset.

And here's the thing - Jake's greatest asset as a passer is the ability to throw on the move. I don't believe for a second he doesn't go as high or higher if Sark didn't let him do what he did best, ESPECIALLY since Sark never bothered to develop an OL that would allow him to throw well from the pocket. And UW wins at least 3 or 4 more games total with Jake being allowed to run his junior and senior years.

But Sark put a leash on him so people like you would believe that Sark turned him into a rich NFL player. Success!
    Jake would have been lights out in this new system and having an actual TE to throw to not named Barnett or Izbicki.

Plus all those bubble screens really boost the completion %.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Jake would have been lights out in this new system and having an actual TE to throw to not named Barnett or Izbicki.

Agreed completely. Having a tight end would have made a big difference. And can you imagine Jake running the read option with Polk or Sankey?
  • Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Agreed completely. Having a tight end would have made a big difference. And can you imagine Jake running the read option with Polk or Sankey?
    From what I remember Locker wasn't the best decision maker when we actually did run the read option.