Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most Sark players?

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    James Atoe - First round LT
    dnc said:

dnc said:

How did Sark sacrifice Jake?

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Yep, agreed with Irish. When I think Sark, I think about the complete failure to adequately recruit and develop OL. Brostek encapsulates that failure.

Also Locker doesn't deserve to be on that list. Overrated though he is.

I love Jack, but he is exhibit A for Sark sacrificing a kid and the team for his own ego. Taking away Locker's ability to run was the antithesis of Rick coming in and running the option with Tui.

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Yep, agreed with Irish. When I think Sark, I think about the complete failure to adequately recruit and develop OL. Brostek encapsulates that failure.

I love Jack, but he is exhibit A for Sark sacrificing a kid and the team for his own ego. Taking away Locker's ability to run was the antithesis of Rick coming in and running the option with Tui.

Sark turned Jake into a rich NFL player with a bright future. What sacrifice do you speak of dipshit?
    Since I think you're actually serious, here goes. Jake had one incredible talent - he was a great runner. Big, fast, strong, elusive, Jake was a serious threat everytime he took off. His running was something every team had to account for.

Sark comes in and decides he's going to make Jake a pocket passer to show the world what a great QB guru he is, taking away 90% of his greatest asset.

And here's the thing - Jake's greatest asset as a passer is the ability to throw on the move. I don't believe for a second he doesn't go as high or higher if Sark didn't let him do what he did best, ESPECIALLY since Sark never bothered to develop an OL that would allow him to throw well from the pocket. And UW wins at least 3 or 4 more games total with Jake being allowed to run his junior and senior years.

But Sark put a leash on him so people like you would believe that Sark turned him into a rich NFL player. Success!
    Jake would have been lights out in this new system and having an actual TE to throw to not named Barnett or Izbicki.

Plus all those bubble screens really boost the completion %.
    Agreed completely. Having a tight end would have made a big difference. And can you imagine Jake running the read option with Polk or Sankey?
    He would have had a chance to go for a 3000-1000 yard year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Josh Shirley - Looked amazing as a frosh. Not even sure he's still on the team by his junior year.
    WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Sark turned Jake into a rich NFL player with a bright future. What sacrifice do you speak of dipshit?
    Since I think you're actually serious, here goes. Jake had one incredible talent - he was a great runner. Big, fast, strong, elusive, Jake was a serious threat everytime he took off. His running was something every team had to account for.

Sark comes in and decides he's going to make Jake a pocket passer to show the world what a great QB guru he is, taking away 90% of his greatest asset.

And here's the thing - Jake's greatest asset as a passer is the ability to throw on the move. I don't believe for a second he doesn't go as high or higher if Sark didn't let him do what he did best, ESPECIALLY since Sark never bothered to develop an OL that would allow him to throw well from the pocket. And UW wins at least 3 or 4 more games total with Jake being allowed to run his junior and senior years.

But Sark put a leash on him so people like you would believe that Sark turned him into a rich NFL player. Success!
    Jake would have been lights out in this new system and having an actual TE to throw to not named Barnett or Izbicki.

Agreed completely. Having a tight end would have made a big difference. And can you imagine Jake running the read option with Polk or Sankey?
    From what I remember Locker wasn't the best decision maker when we actually did run the read option.

Yeah, but still.

I know Jack wasn't the brightest, but even if he only made the right decision 50% of the time it would have been a great weapon, and surely he could have gotten to 60 or 70%, at least.

IIRC, it was still a pretty solid weapon with Jack and Rankin Jack's frosh year. And Polk and Sankey are both >>>>>> Rankin (who was much better than whoever played when Polk got hurt in 08 - I've blocked most of that year out).

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jake Locker - Overrated, not that bright, terribly inconsistent. Just a couple manboobs and trips to Joey's from being Sark.
    WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

From what I remember Locker wasn't the best decision maker when we actually did run the read option.

Lockner can eat a dick but in his defense they never really ran the read option with him. They ran plays that looked like the read option but he wasn't supposed to keep it. It looked like omg he should have just kept it all the time because they didn't let him keep it. They were designed handoffs.
  • Options
    Josh Shirley - Looked amazing as a frosh. Not even sure he's still on the team by his junior year.

WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Lockner can eat a dick but in his defense they never really ran the read option with him. They ran plays that looked like the read option but he wasn't supposed to keep it. It looked like omg he should have just kept it all the time because they didn't let him keep it. They were designed handoffs.
    Hmmm, I don't remember that but you're probably right. That would make sense. Does that say more about the coaches or their lack of faith in Jake's ability to make the read?

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2013
    James Atoe - First round LT
    WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Running as an occasional gimic is a lot different then having it installed as the core of all of your running plays.
  • Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2013
    Yeah true it would have worked out better than over throwing receivers 10 yards out. He was fucking fast. Maybe if he had actual coaching he would have gotten good at it.
  • Options
    poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Cort Dennison….pencil arms firming up but man boobs and guts are still there….
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jake Locker - Overrated, not that bright, terribly inconsistent. Just a couple manboobs and trips to Joey's from being Sark.
    dnc said:

WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Hmmm, I don't remember that but you're probably right. That would make sense. Does that say more about the coaches or their lack of faith in Jake's ability to make the read?

Well you're right that under Ty they used it effectively. I always thought it had more to do with Sarks obsession with turning Lockner into a "pro" quarterback.
  • Options

dnc said:

WildcatHB said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Well you're right that under Ty they used it effectively. I always thought it had more to do with Sarks obsession with turning Lockner into a "pro" quarterback.
    Bingo

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    From the list, Josh Shirley best symbolizes the Sark era. Flash in the pan.

Without being a revisionist or a doog, Sark accomplished more than I expected his first season. Afterward not at all. Why? For all the reasons given in these comments.

Can it really be called an "era?" Besides being here too long, what else distinctive did he do? Perhaps he was uncommonly inept.
  • Options
    Field
    Gotta be ASJ. He has all the talent in the world but underachieved just like Sark's teams.

Was all talk and puffed his chest out against shitty teams much like Sark. Against the big boys he was nowhere to be found and was so fucking soft.

If there was ever a player who represented the Sark era it was ASJ in my opinion.

I can't believe you omitted him.
  • Options

Gotta be ASJ. He has all the talent in the world but underachieved just like Sark's teams.

Was all talk and puffed his chest out against shitty teams much like Sark. Against the big boys he was nowhere to be found and was so fucking soft.

If there was ever a player who represented the Sark era it was ASJ in my opinion.

I can't believe you omitted him.

Great poont
  • Options
    Field
    James Johnson is another player too I might add. His best game was his first game and from there on out it was all down hill.

Like most Sark players the fans loved him as a freshman but by his senior year he was being suddenly seniored and forgotten.

Great lack of player development as always there shit bag.

The list goes on as well. Erik Kohler, big recruit who was forced to play before he was ready, huge pussy and got worse every fucking year. Kohler was at his best as a true freshman.
  • Options

James Johnson is another player too I might add. His best game was his first game and from there on out it was all down hill.

Like most Sark players the fans loved him as a freshman but by his senior year he was being suddenly seniored and forgotten.

Great lack of player development as always there shit bag.

The list goes on as well. Erik Kohler, big recruit who was forced to play before he was ready, huge pussy and got worse every fucking year. Kohler was at his best as a true freshman.

No matter where you stop there's always more you could add. If I cared enough I could make arguments for Big Sky, Pio Vatuvei, Jaydon Mickens, and Travis Feeney.

ASJ was the worst omission, IMO. Your argument for him was spot on.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kohler or Shirley show the whole hype versus reality thing, with a dose of underdevelopment thrown in. Nice.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Field
    Nathan Fellner.

No improvement after one mediocre season.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Field
    James Johnson is the prototype. Wideout. Great freshman season. Also a great partier. Turned into a ghost from then on. Now retired from football.
  • Options
    4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    certain people on the staff didnt want brostek to play last year. sark forced it even though it was obvious at practice he wasnt ready. he wanted to use his toy to take heat off of himself
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

James Johnson is the prototype. Wideout. Great freshman season. Also a great partier. Turned into a ghost from then on. Now retired from football.

Case closed

• Options
    4321DAWGS said:

certain people on the staff didnt want brostek to play last year. sark forced it even though it was obvious at practice he wasnt ready. he wanted to use his toy to take heat off of himself

But what did Pool Boy think?