Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

23%

HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
of Republicans say somebody else please. Quite the show of unity and I would even promise to vote for the alternate.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/23_of_republicans_think_gop_should_nominate_someone_other_than_trump

Comments

• HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953

of Republicans say somebody else please. Quite the show of unity and I would even promise to vote for the alternate.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/23_of_republicans_think_gop_should_nominate_someone_other_than_trump

You know what is fucking cray cray???

The 23% of Dems who make up Bernie's supporters feel the exact same way about that party's candidate.

Insane, I know.

I agree with them. Biden and Trump(and Bernie) are too old for the job. Sorry if that sounds mean.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    I think its accurate but meaningless. When it comes to voting Trump maintains over 90% of GOP. A segment (hi @YellowSnow @GrundleStiltzkin ) have always hated him and are probably in the number that will vote for someone else but not Biden.

Others still don't care for him and didn't vote for him in 16 but will this time

The Battleground state polls are kind of amazing as Sled pointed out. I don't recall Trump ever winning any poll since 2015
    I hated Nixon. Since then I realized it doesn't matter much.

I would give Trump a F for caving into idiots like Foochie. I'm not certain he could have stopped the states short of troops but he could have tried. He's trying to make up for it now as a lone voice and I think that may be behind his popularity and unpopularity.

I hate to be a broken record but it would have been a great year for the democrats not to nominate Senile Trump Lite. There isn't much of a choice for anyone with half a brain and access to a computer.

Trump is the guy to lead the way out of the mess and I don't give a fuck who disagrees with me.
    The day the fake 2 million dead model came out was when Trump blinked. I'd like to think I wouldn't have but his own party panicked too. And if it was right who wants to be the guy to kill 2 million Americans

That's the past. We need to win the future
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020

I hated Nixon. Since then I realized it doesn't matter much.

I would give Trump a F for caving into idiots like Foochie. I'm not certain he could have stopped the states short of troops but he could have tried. He's trying to make up for it now as a lone voice and I think that may be behind his popularity and unpopularity.

I hate to be a broken record but it would have been a great year for the democrats not to nominate Senile Trump Lite. There isn't much of a choice for anyone with half a brain and access to a computer.

Trump is the guy to lead the way out of the mess and I don't give a fuck who disagrees with me.

He's the only one with both the power and the will to do SOMETHING contrary to what the fucks like Benito, Tojo and Adolph are trying to pull off.

I'm not sure why he's waiting so long before going on the offensive other than maybe he wants to come in with $$$ under his own terms. Ultimately, the coffers of WA, OR and CA will be gutted.

The consolidated State of Trump stretching from the Canadian to Mexican border will be formidable.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Here's the deal. With the alignment between the liberal left and the mainstream media, we actually need a crazy person republican who is really, really strong and abrasive to make progress. He's the best chance we've got. Do we really want a Mitch McConnell type instead? A politician? They'll get run over. These times require a very strong personality and brutalist approach unfortunately. Trump is a big giant reset button.

In my opinion, Trump has not been up to leadership task that the tims require.

In in the Grumble Camp on this one. I've admitted here many times that I am sympathetic to some of his policy goals vis a vis China, border security and no more nation building adventures. But pandemics are just not suited to his strengths. The messaging is just too sloppy and all over the map. We need clear, calm fireside chat type stuff to calm the irrational fears and get through this shit.
    Another thing I was RIGHT on.

Yes. And no. At least he's not afraid to lead now.

We have threads here about the state leaders paralyzed by fear of reopening

Trump is back to let her rip. Which is what we need now.

While I think he should have told the governors to fuck off I don't think he could

So he saved 2 million lives

Tough crowd

Yes. And no. At least he's not afraid to lead now.

We have threads here about the state leaders paralyzed by fear of reopening

Trump is back to let her rip. Which is what we need now.

While I think he should have told the governors to fuck off I don't think he could

So he saved 2 million lives

Tough crowd
    Here in Blue-ass Warshington, I am angry as hell over being caught in the political scrum between governor, congress and Trump.