Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An attempt to cut through the shit

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Bob_C said:

The coverup is always worse than the crime. Inslee, Newsome and the modelers fucked up, their motivation to have their actions justified seems more important than actually fixing their mistake. So they double down with more bad decisions to keep themselves relevant and right, hence the moving goalposts.

Ok, with Race's post acknowledged, now we're getting somewhere plausible (at least for me). Cover ups are always worse than the original sin. THAT I can believe. Politically saving face.

But, then, why doesn't Trump come out firing with guns a blazin'? Is he covering his fuck up? He does seem to vacillate a little on this. One day it's "it's bad. it's really bad." and then next it's "let's go!".

Again, though, there are segments of society, not just the extreme fringe, who think this is all scripted.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Results matter more than motivation. At best and benign this is a massive public policy mistake unseen by me before

Once that happens a crisis will not go to waste

You have to admit there is an attachment to this that is bizarre. Let it fucking go

The people that fucked up are fine with calling everyone a tin foil hat wearing magatard. Takes the light off of a massive fuck up

Plenty of us here from day 1 said DON'T

There is no middle. The bootlicker authorities telling us to listen to experts need to be publicly beaten

See you in Aptos

This is my point. I assume when I wake up in the morning that THAT is what I'm dealing with. And yet I'm surrounded, here and in real life, with people who think it's much, much, much more sinister and coordinated than that.

And I know every single one of you knows exactly to what I'm referring. THAT is what I'm wanting to get a little more flesh on the bone about.
    Your wrong

This board is what it is and it knew more than the experts

Don't blame the people for a massive government fuck up

And if you don't think the left has glommed onto this as their latest hope I can't help you

We tend to use what they say and do against them
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I like my college kids all over the beaches on spring break can I keep them?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why is reopening a political issue with people in favor called magatards and worse?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2020

Bob_C said:

The coverup is always worse than the crime. Inslee, Newsome and the modelers fucked up, their motivation to have their actions justified seems more important than actually fixing their mistake. So they double down with more bad decisions to keep themselves relevant and right, hence the moving goalposts.

Ok, with Race's post acknowledged, now we're getting somewhere plausible (at least for me). Cover ups are always worse than the original sin. THAT I can believe. Politically saving face.

But, then, why doesn't Trump come out firing with guns a blazin'? Is he covering his fuck up? He does seem to vacillate a little on this. One day it's "it's bad. it's really bad." and then next it's "let's go!".

Again, though, there are segments of society, not just the extreme fringe, who think this is all scripted.
    Unlike most federal politicians, Trump believes in federalism and mostly realizes that the governors of each state know their needs and states more than he does. Treating South Dakota and New York the same in terms of the CCP Virus is asinine. Why even have state governments if the Democrat (or GOP) states need Trump to step in and overrule the governors of NY, CA, OR, and WA who were all overwhelmingly elected by the citizens. Elections have consequences ... and now we? want Trump to save us from the Rat Squad?
  • Options

I thought we? were cutting through the shit? Are you attempting to talk to OBK and Sleddy in a rational discourse? Lulz

I think there's a lot less "sophisticated coordination" but a LOT MORE "guiding philosophy".

Look no further than our disjointed but monolithic Fed to see how even with disunity a shit ton of damage can be done when enough people think the state is the solution.

Well, come on. The initial response was basically, "but leftist politicians". I know that. I wouldn't have posted War & Peace to that. And unless OBK and Sleddy (btw not really fair to Sleddy to lump him in with OBK) have multiple alt handles, they're not alone in thinking there's a lot going on beneath the surface.

Take the vaccines. As far as I can tell, that's not an issue that is automatically political. Sorry; feet taped to the pedals on that. People all over the spectrum have extreme views on that. But there's (what I assume to be rhetoric) that it's all part of some global take-over scheme. Not Bill Gates, a guy we? only ever used to hate because he didn't give a shit about UW football, is on equal footing with Soros, Killary, and the Heinz ketchup people. Or whatever.

I know you boot. You know exactly what I'm talking about here.
    The governor gang made it clear it was there call. Why wouldn't they get the blame?

It's been clear that they were wrong for awhile now yet they kept adding restrictions

Why don't you justify that
    ?
    I can't, and am not motivated to. As I said, the first part of your post about it being mishandled is my going assumption. But I mentioned in chapter 13 of my post, a lot of our? fellow citizens are becoming more and more convinced it's a lot more than bungling.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Results matter more than motivation. At best and benign this is a massive public policy mistake unseen by me before

You have to admit there is an attachment to this that is bizarre. Let it fucking go

The people that fucked up are fine with calling everyone a tin foil hat wearing magatard. Takes the light off of a massive fuck up

There is no middle. The bootlicker authorities telling us to listen to experts need to be publicly beaten

See you in Aptos

This is my point. I assume when I wake up in the morning that THAT is what I'm dealing with. And yet I'm surrounded, here and in real life, with people who think it's much, much, much more sinister and coordinated than that.

And I know every single one of you knows exactly to what I'm referring. THAT is what I'm wanting to get a little more flesh on the bone about.
    Your wrong

And if you don't think the left has glommed onto this as their latest hope I can't help you

We were right.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

As a centrist, but probably a different kind of one, I'm suspicious of all billionaires including Gaytes. They have way too much power and influence. Gaytes funds a good portion of the WHO.

I see governors arresting surfers and people in cars. Clear government overreach.

I also see huge corporate box stores like Costco, Ghetto Mart, Kroger stores, Home Depot etc. still going. Small businesses get the short end of the stick. They might get loans if they're lucky. It's funny how that works.

I see virtue signaling libtards get mad at "Wuhan Virus" and that label magically went away. They're following CCP propaganda because they're tards.

I find the billionaire focus to be interesting, from both sides of the aisle. I think the left's critique has always been pretty plain - the mere existence of billionaires is morally offensive to them. I see a lot of billionaire disdain from the right as well, but I'll admit that I'm not always sure what the exact beef is there, though it seems to center around the outsized political power they often wield.

And I think to creep's point, what I've always found strange is that no matter which strain of ideology one carries, they always ascribe the most sinister of motivations to these billionaires. Maybe there are some that fit that bill (pick one of Soros or Koch), but by and large few people ever seem to believe that the easiest explanation is true - that billionaires have a certain vision for how they think the world should be, and they use their enormous political power to do so. And they do so with noble intentions. Obviously there's a flaw in the fact that we give them that power in the first place, but I'm always struck at how we quickly jump to player hating before hating the game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought we? were cutting through the shit? Are you attempting to talk to OBK and Sleddy in a rational discourse? Lulz

I think there's a lot less "sophisticated coordination" but a LOT MORE "guiding philosophy".

Look no further than our disjointed but monolithic Fed to see how even with disunity a shit ton of damage can be done when enough people think the state is the solution.

Well, come on. The initial response was basically, "but leftist politicians". I know that. I wouldn't have posted War & Peace to that. And unless OBK and Sleddy (btw not really fair to Sleddy to lump him in with OBK) have multiple alt handles, they're not alone in thinking there's a lot going on beneath the surface.

Take the vaccines. As far as I can tell, that's not an issue that is automatically political. Sorry; feet taped to the pedals on that. People all over the spectrum have extreme views on that. But there's (what I assume to be rhetoric) that it's all part of some global take-over scheme. Not Bill Gates, a guy we? only ever used to hate because he didn't give a shit about UW football, is on equal footing with Soros, Killary, and the Heinz ketchup people. Or whatever.

The governor gang made it clear it was there call. Why wouldn't they get the blame?

It's been clear that they were wrong for awhile now yet they kept adding restrictions

?
    I can't, and am not motivated to. As I said, the first part of your post about it being mishandled is my going assumption. But I mentioned in chapter 13 of my post, a lot of our? fellow citizens are becoming more and more convinced it's a lot more than bungling.
    Because they won't let it go IMO

There was a headline this morning

Trump praises governors for reopening even as they ignore federal guidelines

I chuckled

The guidelines are stupid. Trump became a politician on this which I don't like. Yet he was right first like me.

The GOP got in a panic about November and read him the riot act but he won't stay on script.

At any rate enough of the bullshit. Open it up. Full throttle
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

?
    You ask a question that begs an answer assuming people here know the answer. We don’t. Why keep asking?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't want this to happen again. Something else I've been saying awhile

We? can't just write this off and have it pop up again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In other words if someone thinks Gates wants to carve 666 in my forehead then oh well who cares

If governor Asswipe wants to tank the economy I care
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a centrist, but probably a different kind of one, I'm suspicious of all billionaires including Gaytes. They have way too much power and influence. Gaytes funds a good portion of the WHO.

I see governors arresting surfers and people in cars. Clear government overreach.

I also see huge corporate box stores like Costco, Ghetto Mart, Kroger stores, Home Depot etc. still going. Small businesses get the short end of the stick. They might get loans if they're lucky. It's funny how that works.

I see virtue signaling libtards get mad at "Wuhan Virus" and that label magically went away. They're following CCP propaganda because they're tards.

I find the billionaire focus to be interesting, from both sides of the aisle. I think the left's critique has always been pretty plain - the mere existence of billionaires is morally offensive to them. I see a lot of billionaire disdain from the right as well, but I'll admit that I'm not always sure what the exact beef is there, though it seems to center around the outsized political power they often wield.

And I think to creep's point, what I've always found strange is that no matter which strain of ideology one carries, they always ascribe the most sinister of motivations to these billionaires. Maybe there are some that fit that bill (pick one of Soros or Koch), but by and large few people ever seem to believe that the easiest explanation is true - that billionaires have a certain vision for how they think the world should be, and they use their enormous political power to do so. And they do so with noble intentions. Obviously there's a flaw in the fact that we give them that power in the first place, but I'm always struck at how we quickly jump to player hating before hating the game.
    I'm old enough to remember when prime time was mighty white and then Blacks would show up as pimps and drug dealers and this negative image wasn't helpful

And there is actual science on that

We've evolved to where on any crime show the middle age white guy with the open collar and a billion bucks is going to be the villain.

Imagining

Nobody is going to bat for oppressed billionaires

Sad
  • Options

See you in Aptos

Your wrong

We?

Nobody knew the math of this thing until it played out. Anybody can say "they were wrong." We'll agree to disagree about that.

Finally, don't take that tone with me old man. You forget, of course, ...

• Options

?
    You ask a question that begs an answer assuming people here know the answer. We don’t. Why keep asking?
    I'm not.

I'm defending my thesis. Quit picking on me.

@dnc
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Coincidentally, both Soros and the Koch Bros (mostly) are NeverTrump. Trump even has the Koch Cocks donating to some Democrats now. See, he’s The Uniter.

• Options

I don't want this to happen again. Something else I've been saying awhile

We? can't just write this off and have it pop up again.

This can never fucking happen again. If it was an accidental leak from a virus lab, for the first time in my life I will screaming for layers and layers of regulation of those things. Can you imagine being the one guy on whose lap this all falls? Holy shit.
  • Options

In other words if someone thinks Gates wants to carve 666 in my forehead then oh well who cares

If governor Asswipe wants to tank the economy I care

I understand your point.