Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why John Donovan is misrepresented

2»

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Why does Moorhead always get a pass for his Miss State offenses?

His MS offenses were hot garbage
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Houhusky said:

whlinder said:

We went over this ad nauseum when the hire was made.

That 2015 Penn State team had Saquon Barkley, Chris Godwin, Daesean Hamilton, Mike Gesicki, and Donovan Smith at OT.

Donovan should have been able to QB that team himself to better than 5.2 yards per play.

They had a top 10 defense by ypp and went 7-6. Think about that Husky fans that have been frustrated with our offense the last four years.

And in 2016 with Trace McSorely as a redshirt Soph and Joe Moorehead as OC they went wild and were probably better than us at the end of the year, but had a last second road loss @ Pitt and got blown out by Harbaugh early in the year. If Sam Darnold didn't live for moments like the Rose Bowl they would have won in Pasadena.
    Good point. Of course McSorley was on the team in 2015 as well. Those who want to use the Hackenburg excuse should also have to explain why Donovan couldn’t just play the best QB if Hackenburg was the problem.

Donovans resume is fucking garbage, he isn’t a recruiter, tactician, or innovator. He will likely suck, there is very little upside.

Lol

This gets me. Just brutal
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030
    To me, the biggest issue is that this is the best guy Lake could land.

We should be grateful that this season will probably be cancelled.

Maybe Lake can use that time to hire somebody better.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Why does Moorhead always get a pass for his Miss State offenses?

Good point. It’s almost like any dumbfuck that can manage not to trip over their own shoelaces could have walked in to that PSU situation and looked good.

Wait, fuck.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

He is a younger first time head coach that had been at UW for the past 6 years. His only other previous experiences were as a 1 year rentals as DB coach.

If you asked people here, they think he should have fired Bhonapha and Gregory too... JFC that would have been an even bigger disaster.

I don’t know why people thought Lake would have the connections for a staff rebuild, he needed to stabilize the program and get his feet under him.

Paopao should have been retained, he churned out good/great players.

Bush should have been retained. Don’t twist, he sucked, but Given that babsuhka figured out how to field a decent offense at Oregon state once he got away from Pete. Lake should have gave Bush 1 year to figure it out or GTFO while he actually went out shopping for a real OC options for the following year that mades sense.

Instead Lake fired bush without a real plan and had to resort to cold calling nobodies in Florida. He also replaced paopao with basically paopaos secretary.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

He is a younger first time head coach that had been at UW for the past 6 years. His only other previous experiences were as a 1 year rentals as DB coach.

If you asked people here, they think he should have fired Bhonapha and Gregory too... JFC that would have been an even bigger disaster.

I don’t know why people thought Lake would have the connections for a staff rebuild, he needed to stabilize the program and get his feet under him.

Bush should have been retained. Don’t twist, he sucked, but Given that babsuhka figured out how to field a decent offense at Oregon state once he got away from Pete. Lake should have gave Bush 1 year to figure it out or GTFO while he actually went out shopping for a real OC options for the following year that mades sense.

Instead Lake fired bush without a real plan and had to resort to cold calling nobodies in Florida. He also replaced paopao with basically paopaos secretary.
    We all hope Donovan works out, but no matter what, bringing in as OC the Jaguars Asst. RB coach the last 4 years is a bad bad bad hire.

Lake's biggest mistake was not having a plan B after Kellen Moore was retained in Dallas, as imo Pete thought he was coming here and so did Jimmy.

What I don't get is Jimmy was done with Bush as was CP, but he didn't make the change with Bob and KB when he had to know Pete was not going to retain them at the end of the season as well.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Houhusky said:

We all hope Donovan works out, but no matter what, bringing in as OC the Jaguars Asst. RB coach the last 4 years is a bad bad bad hire.

Lake's biggest mistake was not having a plan B after Kellen Moore was retained in Dallas, as imo Pete thought he was coming here and so did Jimmy.

What I don't get is Jimmy was done with Bush as was CP, but he didn't make the change with Bob and KB when he had to know Pete was not going to retain them at the end of the season as well.
    Good points. My guess is that Bush and Jimmy weren't too fond of each other after the defense spent the last two seasons trying to stay in games with an inept offense.

Hiring Donovan was a low percentage gamble with a lot on the line. Horrible hire.

He still might be good, in which case I'll call Lake lucky, not smart.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,121 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    chuck said:

godawgst said:

Houhusky said:

Good points. My guess is that Bush and Jimmy weren't too fond of each other after the defense spent the last two seasons trying to stay in games with an inept offense.

Hiring Donovan was a low percentage gamble with a lot on the line. Horrible hire.

He still might be good, in which case I'll call Lake lucky, not smart.
    Why discredit? If Donovan turns out to be good, I will call Jimmy a fucking genius.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,357
    The fact that EVERYONE.GIF thinks he sucks means he will be great.