Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Robert Wyrsch, 2021 3* OL, Soquel (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

He went through a massive growth spurt and is still getting his legs. His technique is atrocious but he's clearly athletic, a guy after a redshirt year you can dream on. As long as the HS's play this fall, the TBS's will go gaga for his senior tape.

I never trust the coaches but I trust Huff. Maybe the most dynamic recruiter on staff, Huff signed arguably the two best OL out west last year (Murano and Rosengarten) plus Hatchett and Gaard. Taking a commitment from an unknown this early signals Huff has uncovered a gem.

The three best OL --McGary, Harris, and Kirkland-- the program has signed and developed were TBS rejects or, in McGary's case, a raw converted DL. So there's that, too.

I would argue Adams would top that list before injury, which isn't his fault, but totally agree in every other sense.

Also,

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    His head coach is a former NFL safety...I thought he might have a connection to Jimmy but it looks like the only link to UW coaches/alumni from his playing days would have been Trufant and I doubt that gave us much of a heads up/in.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    They all sux until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Hope this kid is great and wrecks shit. But kill me while we wait to find out.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020

I went to high school with a kid that didn’t play until his senior but as soon as pac 12 coaches saw his senior film while scouting other underclassmen players they all shit their pants and wanted to talk to him. Point is he was like 6-7 255 but by the way he moved they all projected as a potential high end tackle but he had already signed with a lower division school. He went on to make millions in the nfl. I know csb.

I don’t mind athletic reaches on the OL or buck position as long as they are not all reaches as it is a very specific rare body type for those spots.

That being said since this is uw i am sure that he will suck and Ballz will love his film and proclaim James atoe 2.0

He’s totally new to the sport and his film shows that but he’s got all the physical tools you look for in a future NFL offensive tackle and that’s all that matters when recruiting lineman. He looks like he’s got that Kaleb McGary freakish body in which he’s both huge and lean at the same time. Checkout his twitter, his dad is massive and strong as fuck and he’s raising his boys to be the same way. We won’t have to worry about him being some soft pussy who doesn’t lift and work hard. Solid pickup with high upside.

Have we ever gotten a more under the radar commitment before? I’ve literally never heard of this kid before and didn’t even know he had an offer from UW until the day he committed and everybody is like “who the fuq is that guy?”. UW fucks shit up with hidden gem recruits. Wyrsch will probably end up a 1st or 2nd-round draft pick to fulfill the typical 3-star with no Power-5 offers to college superstar story line everybody loves. He’s the kind of guy a program like Iowa identifies, develops, and has success with.

I agree with everything besides aspiring to be like Iowa.

That being said, it's totally fine to take a few of these guys. Just don't bank on em. Like Iowa.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm definitely feeling pretty good about this guy.

But that is a clip of the smallest guy on the court ripping a rebound away, let's not doog so hard we can't see that.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I just watched his HUDL and holy shit guys, quit the crying and star fucking. This guy is bad ass. That's a future OL playing dominating DL with speed to pursue and catch running backs and then punish them. All of his OL clips show him squaring up with and squashing guys who should be quicker than him.

He's good.

I’m 100% good with OL project guys like this. Get tall guys that already know how to be athletes and put weight on them. This is a lot like Mele.
    Also McGsry is a good comp.

Tall guys who have broad enough shoulders to carry 300+ but arent there yet and have quick feet are almost always a worthy risk as OL, provided you're not going to need them on the field for a few years (UW does not). This isn't a Matt James offer at all. This guy is thin, in shape, quick, mean, and will probably be strong as fuck with college level training and nutrition. I love him.
    Devin Burleson is also a good comp. Tall, big frame guy who is new to football. This kid may be further along than Butleson but he still has a ways to go.Burleson was never able to learn how to be a college football player. Hopefully this kid will. High ceiling, low floor.
    Did Burleson have any impressive film where he was running around wreaking havoc like a linebacker? I dont remember, but I'm thinking not.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I just watched his HUDL and holy shit guys, quit the crying and star fucking. This guy is bad ass. That's a future OL playing dominating DL with speed to pursue and catch running backs and then punish them. All of his OL clips show him squaring up with and squashing guys who should be quicker than him.

He's good.

I’m 100% good with OL project guys like this. Get tall guys that already know how to be athletes and put weight on them. This is a lot like Mele.
    Also McGsry is a good comp.

Tall guys who have broad enough shoulders to carry 300+ but arent there yet and have quick feet are almost always a worthy risk as OL, provided you're not going to need them on the field for a few years (UW does not). This isn't a Matt James offer at all. This guy is thin, in shape, quick, mean, and will probably be strong as fuck with college level training and nutrition. I love him.
    Devin Burleson is also a good comp. Tall, big frame guy who is new to football. This kid may be further along than Butleson but he still has a ways to go.Burleson was never able to learn how to be a college football player. Hopefully this kid will. High ceiling, low floor.
    Did Burleson have any impressive film where he was running around wreaking havoc like a linebacker? I dont remember, but I'm thinking not.
    His basketball highlights were impressive