Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your personal worst / embarrassing sports story.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

Many years ago, I had a “Judge Smails” moment golfing with a couple of friends. It was hot (Eastern WA hot), and the course was nearly empty.

I had a Ping Anser putter at the time, because it was cool to scoop you ball up rather than bending down to get it after the gimme. We had just made the turn, and there were several carry-overs riding. I have a baseball background, and had developed a nasty habit of flipping the ball up, and taking a swing at it after missing a “big” putt...usually hitting it on the shaft (if at all). Not this day.

Well, I missed a putt, got pissed, flipped the ball up, swung and squared it up on the sweet spot...coming in hot, headed directly towards a pond next to the previous green. First thought was “Fuck, I just threw that ball away”...immediately followed by “Oh shit, there are people there!”

I didn’t lose my ball, because it smoked a 14 year old girl (no pics) in the forehead. She was walking with her 16 year old brother (no pics), who was playing. After profusely apologizing, they joined our little game...her bro took all our money, and I bought them lunch...CSB

Could you have played D-1 baseball? Axin' for a fren.
    Yes
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@fi

Fishpo31 said:

Fishpo31 said:

Many years ago, I had a “Judge Smails” moment golfing with a couple of friends. It was hot (Eastern WA hot), and the course was nearly empty.

I had a Ping Anser putter at the time, because it was cool to scoop you ball up rather than bending down to get it after the gimme. We had just made the turn, and there were several carry-overs riding. I have a baseball background, and had developed a nasty habit of flipping the ball up, and taking a swing at it after missing a “big” putt...usually hitting it on the shaft (if at all). Not this day.

Well, I missed a putt, got pissed, flipped the ball up, swung and squared it up on the sweet spot...coming in hot, headed directly towards a pond next to the previous green. First thought was “Fuck, I just threw that ball away”...immediately followed by “Oh shit, there are people there!”

I didn’t lose my ball, because it smoked a 14 year old girl (no pics) in the forehead. She was walking with her 16 year old brother (no pics), who was playing. After profusely apologizing, they joined our little game...her bro took all our money, and I bought them lunch...CSB

Could you have played D-1 baseball? Axin' for a fren.
    Yes
    Do you have any IMA pickup basketball game stories?
    Other than drinking a six-pack of tall boys before a game, and depositing them in the water fountain during the second half, no. And, I NEVER played zone...
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

My dad pulled a similar move when I was a kid, after putting out on the 18th at Meridian Valley CC (we were So. King Co. rich back then) Only he hozzled the ball, and his putter head went flying out into the middle of the pond. He really loved that putter. I was able to give him shit about that one til he died, and still rehash the story with my buddies and we laugh, and laugh.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    On a road game, threw 2 interceptions and as the fastest safety, bit on fake option throw deep
    Pass and tackled the guy before ball even reached him to give them first down on pass interference play and won game for them. Eventually. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    Played many years at QB, undefeated. Also won my weight class in the 9th grade as weight lifting champion between 5 schools from Mobile, AL to south MS. Guess deserves own thread.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,273
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lots of pants shitters around these parts......Chinteresting

I was in high school, had a reputation as a fair to middling second baseman and pitcher, so my buddy recruits me to play on his neighbors softball team for a weekend tournament. Bunch of 30-40 year old dudes past their prime. My buddies sister is hot, she brings a few niiiice friends, and I'm thinking I show up run circles around these old guys, basically here to beat my chest..... I had never played or hit a softball in my life and was 100% hardball, so how hard could it be to clobber the fuck out of something coming at you 5mph and the size of a volleyball, well..... 1st AB I strut up to the plate like Griffey, watch the 1st pitch go by to get the timing down and steeeerike one.....ok, next pitch, if it's close, is going for a fucking ride, next pitch comes and I line it in the gap just to the right of the centerfielder, i round first and notice dude gathering ball and eyeing my progression, I do the rope a dope fake stop and then gun it to 2nd base, well, dipshit in centerfield has a rocket for an arm and throws a lazer to 2nd, I haul ass realising that I'm hosed, I fricken slide into second and am tagged out. Who the fuck slides in softball? I tear a strawberry down my leg, bleeding like a harpooned fish. I had to leave game, sit in bleachers as my friends sister administered ice packs to my leg, laughed at me and left........

I would have given anything to just shit my pants then to go through that.

True story brah.....
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

Played many years at QB, undefeated. Also won my weight class in the 9th grade as weight lifting champion between 5 schools from Mobile, AL to south MS. Guess deserves own thread.

You don't remember that the post directly above this is your story of losing a game while playing quarterback?

Mississippi gonna Mississippi...

• Options
    huh?

Teams I played for was undefeated pod.

9th grade for me, we beat the brakes off bigger schools.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

On a road game, threw 2 interceptions

So you were quarterback...
    SECDAWG said:

and as the fastest safety, bit on fake option throw deep
    Pass and tackled the guy before ball even reached him to give them first down on pass interference play and won game for them. Eventually. Embarrassing.

...and you lost...
    SECDAWG said:

huh?

Teams I played for was undefeated pod.

...and you're retarded.
  • Options
    Yes. I lost that game, and at same time I was safety and let a guy get behind me and I caused the PI that won the game for them, what’s your question
  • Options
    I QB for t 8 years.

That was my let down. As a safety. Tackled the dude on a PI call. They won the game .
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Lots of pants shitters around these parts......Chinteresting

I was in high school, had a reputation as a fair to middling second baseman and pitcher, so my buddy recruits me to play on his neighbors softball team for a weekend tournament. Bunch of 30-40 year old dudes past their prime. My buddies sister is hot, she brings a few niiiice friends, and I'm thinking I show up run circles around these old guys, basically here to beat my chest..... I had never played or hit a softball in my life and was 100% hardball, so how hard could it be to clobber the fuck out of something coming at you 5mph and the size of a volleyball, well..... 1st AB I strut up to the plate like Griffey, watch the 1st pitch go by to get the timing down and steeeerike one.....ok, next pitch, if it's close, is going for a fucking ride, next pitch comes and I line it in the gap just to the right of the centerfielder, i round first and notice dude gathering ball and eyeing my progression, I do the rope a dope fake stop and then gun it to 2nd base, well, dipshit in centerfield has a rocket for an arm and throws a lazer to 2nd, I haul ass realising that I'm hosed, I fricken slide into second and am tagged out. Who the fuck slides in softball? I tear a strawberry down my leg, bleeding like a harpooned fish. I had to leave game, sit in bleachers as my friends sister administered ice packs to my leg, laughed at me and left........

I would have given anything to just shit my pants then to go through that.

True story brah.....

Speaking of pants shitting, I had giardia in third grade and shit myself profusely during a basketball game.