Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your personal worst / embarrassing sports story.

10 years old I was pitching, started off ok but things went down soon after that.

Gave up probably 8 runs in the 3rd inning my team was starting to get pissed at me, bases loaded gave up grand slam......walked off mound crying.

My best friend came in and struck out the side

Never pitched again.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Anytim I stepped on a field.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Trying to shoot the ball into the opponent's hoop in basketball multiple times before realizing what I was doing (kept getting my own rebound after each miss).
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Buddy went to Carol College in Butte. They hade a huge softball tourney every year in spring. First year I played they put me in center field. Ninth inning up by 2 with 2 outs a little @Doog_de_Jour comes up to bat. I'd been playing fairly deep but moved up a bunch when she stepped to the plate. Some of my teammates that went to Carol told me to move back "She can hit". Alas I didn't listen and she gave me fuck you eyes. But not the good kind of fuck you eyes and mashed the ball well over my head . I turned to get it but I already knew it was over. She hit a triple and drove in the 3 on base to win the game and send us packing early. All of my friend's college buddies on the team were pissed at me the rest of that trip and most future trips I took over there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

* Helena

Yeah but still.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was bullied 4 or 5 times by this POS wigger who was a year behind me in h.s. He was a pretty good starting football player, but still. I should have kicked his ass, but honestly, it would have been the other way around.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186

10 years old I was pitching, started off ok but things went down soon after that.

Gave up probably 8 runs in the 3rd inning my team was starting to get pissed at me, bases loaded gave up grand slam......walked off mound crying.

My best friend came in and struck out the side

Never pitched again.

I don’t remember it being nearly that bad
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I've never been embarrassed in my entire fucking life. I'm pretty much good at everything I do. Always have been.

But,

I spent some time back in So Fla for a year of HS. During that year, I had two moments that made it abundantly clear to me that I was not cut out for Division 1 football.

1. As a sophomore, I got moved up to the varsity. Seemed like a good thing. In the red/grey game, a kid who would go on to the U as a special teamer and buried deep on the depth chart at linebacker (think tight end body) took a short kick on kickoff and ran up the sideline free. I had the angle and I was speedy so getting to him was no big deal for me. Mind you, he is tight roping the sideline. I get there full steam and he dips his head and shoulder and knocks me on my ass without breaking stride. I think I may have nudged him an inch to the left to make him step on the line. Or maybe he scored. I've chosen to forget. But let's say I took the brunt of a situation where it's normally the other way around. Probably concussed to boot.

2. The first actual game I was on the varsity, we went up to play Miami Columbus. David Shula was the QB, there were a bunch of other D1 players, including this kid named Alonzo Highsmith, who played full back and linebacker. I didn't get into that game. The embarrassing part was that I didn't want to. Alonzo, who is in that gif I like to post (I ain't scared of you bitch), was a fucking man, and trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to either. He scored a TD the next year as a true freshman against the 83 Huskers. And he was not afraid of the Boz.

3. Walking out of class on my way to the HUB, I was walking with a buddy and we were bitching about the Colorado game where Brunell throws a fade to Bailey on fourth down. We're inside the 10 as I recall and a td and PAT win it. But we threw to our great, but 5' 8" wide receiver. Anyway, I'm not Mark Brunell, so that's not the embarrassing moment. That came when my buddy and I are bitching about that play and eventually notice this guy walking next to us obviously listening to the convo. It was Brunell. He didn't say anything, didn't scowl or tell me to fuck off, just kinda kinda grinned and walked on ahead. Camaro would've probably said, "no shit. shitty call." But Brunell wasn't as mouthy I guess. Anyway, that was kinda embarrassing at the tim. Now I think it's just funny. Not an athletic moment; but we were talking about sports so it counts.

Curtis Gaspard dropped the natty.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

I've never been embarrassed in my entire fucking life. I'm pretty much good at everything I do. Always have been.

But,

I spent some time back in So Fla for a year of HS. During that year, I had two moments that made it abundantly clear to me that I was not cut out for Division 1 football.

1. As a sophomore, I got moved up to the varsity. Seemed like a good thing. In the red/grey game, a kid who would go on to the U as a special teamer and buried deep on the depth chart at linebacker (think tight end body) took a short kick on kickoff and ran up the sideline free. I had the angle and I was speedy so getting to him was no big deal for me. Mind you, he is tight roping the sideline. I get there full steam and he dips his head and shoulder and knocks me on my ass without breaking stride. I think I may have nudged him an inch to the left to make him step on the line. Or maybe he scored. I've chosen to forget. But let's say I took the brunt of a situation where it's normally the other way around. Probably concussed to boot.

2. The first actual game I was on the varsity, we went up to play Miami Columbus. David Shula was the QB, there were a bunch of other D1 players, including this kid named Alonzo Highsmith, who played full back and linebacker. I didn't get into that game. The embarrassing part was that I didn't want to. Alonzo, who is in that gif I like to post (I ain't scared of you bitch), was a fucking man, and trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to either. He scored a TD the next year as a true freshman against the 83 Huskers. And he was not afraid of the Boz.

3. Walking out of class on my way to the HUB, I was walking with a buddy and we were bitching about the Colorado game where Brunell throws a fade to Bailey on fourth down. We're inside the 10 as I recall and a td and PAT win it. But we threw to our great, but 5' 8" wide receiver. Anyway, I'm not Mark Brunell, so that's not the embarrassing moment. That came when my buddy and I are bitching about that play and eventually notice this guy walking next to us obviously listening to the convo. It was Brunell. He didn't say anything, didn't scowl or tell me to fuck off, just kinda kinda grinned and walked on ahead. Camaro would've probably said, "no shit. shitty call." But Brunell wasn't as mouthy I guess. Anyway, that was kinda embarrassing at the tim. Now I think it's just funny. Not an athletic moment; but we were talking about sports so it counts.

Curtis Gaspard dropped the natty.
    But the fourth down play was to Bailey. Right?