Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Beat me to it. Gates is scum.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Beat me to it. Gates is scum.

When the revolucion comes, Gates might want to LEAVE his well-recognized compound by Lake Washington.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    No question RFK Jr is an absolute nut-job, but he's got a point on some of this. You don't have to be an anti-vaxxer to point out some of the vaccination policies Gates and company have been pushing on the 3rd world have been absolutely horrible, or for that matter pointing out that while vaccinations as a whole have been incredibly beneficial for society as a whole they are still not a perfect science and that they are not a 100% known quantity.

And lets just say its not a shocker Gates seems to have memory lapses about his time with Epstein before Epstein didn't kill himself...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    We vax, because preventable disease.

Sadly, there are many anti-vaxers in my extended social circle, which must say something about me. 99.99999% of them are under-educated moms (by 'undereducated' I mean attended "check the box" university, took a "check the box" course of study, and still think having been in a sorority gave them an exclusive and elite college experience, even at Cuog).

I've noticed they are not super vocal these days.

I don't care what a person believes as long as they have some fucking basis for it, and either hold strong even when it's not convenient or have the sack to admit they might not have known what they were talking about before.

Literally every one I know who hold those beliefs tie it to some anecdote involving a person they don't know telling a story about their kid, or some "expert" who may or may not have attended Harvard and who is not recognized by his colleagues as knowing what he's talking about. Science.

My contacts, most of whom are employed by or connected to UW's vaunted and world-class school of public health and epidemiology, shake their heads at what they consider the hubris of reading shit literature and making health decisions accordingly. The one they bring up the most in conversation is the mistake of skipping the Gardasil vaccine for cervical cancer. The conversation goes that cervical cancer has been a huge killer of women historically, and this vaccine absolutely works to prevent it. It is, apparently, a particularly pernicious type of cancer with a 50/50 chance you'll be dead in 5.

Of course they're not perfect, and of course picking populations with which to play Dr. Mengele is immoral.
  • Options

RFK Jr is the face of the anti-vaxx quack movement, which I'm sure @Sledog is a card carrying member of. It's not surprising that he'd then take aim at Gates.

I'm not an anti vaxer but having seen video of Gates giving speeches and hearing what he says he fully intends to do as he says. Why wouldn't I believe him?

Now fuck off!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sledog said:

RFK Jr is the face of the anti-vaxx quack movement, which I'm sure @Sledog is a card carrying member of. It's not surprising that he'd then take aim at Gates.

I'm not an anti vaxer but having seen video of Gates giving speeches and hearing what he says he fully intends to do as he says. Why wouldn't I believe him?

Now fuck off!
    Bill Gates has more money than he'll ever know what to do with, so this narrative that he's trying to prop up some pharma company with ulterior motives smacks as unlikely to me. He may well be doing that, but I'm inclined to believe it's because he believes that vaccines are important. He literally has zero other reason to do it. And Gates is not a "take over the world" kind of person. The guy could buy several islands, stock them up and tell the world to fuck off and he and his kids would be fine for the rest of their lives.

Gates believes that the world is connected in some ways, whether we like it or not. I honestly believe the guy has been afraid for years of exactly what's going on right now.

You can question him on the margin here and there, just like anybody. But "scum"? I don't think that's a deserved tag as applied to Bill.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    A lot of Microsoof Gates worshippers in this thread.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    Bill Gates has more money than he'll ever know what to do with, so this narrative that he's trying to prop up some pharma company with ulterior motives smacks as unlikely to me. He may well be doing that, but I'm inclined to believe it's because he believes that vaccines are important. He literally has zero other reason to do it. And Gates is not a "take over the world" kind of person. The guy could buy several islands, stock them up and tell the world to fuck off and he and his kids would be fine for the rest of their lives.

Gates believes that the world is connected in some ways, whether we like it or not. I honestly believe the guy has been afraid for years of exactly what's going on right now.

You can question him on the margin here and there, just like anybody. But "scum"? I don't think that's a deserved tag as applied to Bill.
    Our opinions can differ and it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    What does he intend to do that has you so shaken and about to vomit?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    Search for yourself. It's been some time and finding it would take more time than I'll invest in you. If it is even still out there.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    Search for yourself. It's been some time and finding it would take more time than I'll invest in you. If it is even still out there.
    Sounds tantalizing
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We vax, because preventable disease.

Sadly, there are many anti-vaxers in my extended social circle, which must say something about me. 99.99999% of them are under-educated moms (by 'undereducated' I mean attended "check the box" university, took a "check the box" course of study, and still think having been in a sorority gave them an exclusive and elite college experience, even at Cuog).

I've noticed they are not super vocal these days.

I don't care what a person believes as long as they have some fucking basis for it, and either hold strong even when it's not convenient or have the sack to admit they might not have known what they were talking about before.

Literally every one I know who hold those beliefs tie it to some anecdote involving a person they don't know telling a story about their kid, or some "expert" who may or may not have attended Harvard and who is not recognized by his colleagues as knowing what he's talking about. Science.

My contacts, most of whom are employed by or connected to UW's vaunted and world-class school of public health and epidemiology, shake their heads at what they consider the hubris of reading shit literature and making health decisions accordingly. The one they bring up the most in conversation is the mistake of skipping the Gardasil vaccine for cervical cancer. The conversation goes that cervical cancer has been a huge killer of women historically, and this vaccine absolutely works to prevent it. It is, apparently, a particularly pernicious type of cancer with a 50/50 chance you'll be dead in 5.

Of course they're not perfect, and of course picking populations with which to play Dr. Mengele is immoral.

The Anti-Vaxxers will always have the Dairy industry to screech about and keep them busy tellings us all how immoral we are for consuming it, because, as I recently learned, Dairy is Racist and Oppressive.

I shit you not. Nothing like a bunch of white former athletes reminding me that my existence itself is racist.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    Sounds tantalizing
    I think these are really healthy discussions. I too don't understand the Gates conspiracy theories but I also want to know what's so concerning to people. I have watched a couple videos but have seen or heard nothing that convinces me he's Satan trying to make us bear the mark of the beast.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

A lot of Microsoof Gates worshippers in this thread.

Yeah, that's what it is. Worship. Christ.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!

Our opinions can differ and it doesn't bother me.
    Ok, thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    "if we do a really great job on new vaccines... we could lower [world population] by 10 or15 percent?"

That's a quote from it. How would vaccines lower population? Wouldn't they increase it by preventing death?

Come to your own conclusion.

It's from a TED talk on global warming IIRC.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Now fuck off!
    Sounds tantalizing
    I think these are really healthy discussions. I too don't understand the Gates conspiracy theories but I also want to know what's so concerning to people. I have watched a couple videos but have seen or heard nothing that convinces me he's Satan trying to make us bear the mark of the beast.
    Exactly. I am more than willing to concede there are a lot of ill-motivated people out there operating under a guise of benevolent concern.

Gates is someone who could have taken his ball and gone home 30 years ago. If he had interest in political office, he could have done that too by now. There isn't much the guy couldn't do. Until I've been given some proof to the contrary, I'm going to assume he is what I can see him to be: an intellectual, somewhat quirky, very wealthy guy who doesn't get swept into the latest hysteria, but rather plays the cards he wants to play. We can all second guess the things on which he chooses to spend his time, energy & $$, but he's hardly shown himself to be some kind of devil. And as they go, education and eliminating malaria and typhoid in the 4th world seems like good ideas. Because as we've discovered lately, we share the planet with people who eat fruit bat soup (google it; entire bats, wings and all ... it's fucking gross), and people are going to travel.

I have a long list of people I'd want to see play in traffic before I get to Gates.