Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The Deep State: "The election wasn't stolen. We would never fudge the numbers."
    Bob_C said:
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Pretty good discussion on the "does the vaxx help or hurt" discussion. As is pointed out, the CDC is politicized and they aren't actively publishing any anti-vaxx data because why would our multi-billion dollar Center for Disease Control actually do their phucking job.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/04/does-vaccination-make-you-more-likely-to-catch-covid.php

DOES VACCINATION MAKE YOU MORE LIKELY TO CATCH COVID?
    Walgreen’s must run an enormous number of covid tests, nationwide. So their data should be a pretty good sample. Check out these numbers from Walgreen’s web site. This chart shows the positivity rate by vaccination status. It indicates that unvaccinated people currently have a lower rate of positive covid tests than vaccinated people:

So unvaccinated people accounted for 28.5% of the tests, but only 16.6% of the positive covid results.

There are several possible explanations here. The obvious one is that vaccination makes you more likely to catch covid. But it is also possible that people who don’t get vaccinated are, on average, healthier than people who do, and therefore their immune systems are more likely to fight off covid and other diseases. A third possibility is that unvaccinated people are, on average, more worried when they catch a cold and therefore are more likely to seek out a covid test. Of those possibilities, the second and third are totally hypothetical and speculative, and to some degree contradictory. Maybe there are more explanations that I haven’t thought of.

It is generally a mistake to draw cosmic conclusions from a single data set, but as noted, Walgreen’s administers an enormous number of covid tests. (I am sure the raw numbers can be found somewhere on the linked web site, but I couldn’t readily see them.) The authorities have admitted for quite a while that vaccination won’t prevent you from getting covid, so the theory is that it will likely prevent you from getting a serious case. But what if vaccination actually makes you more likely to get sick?

I can’t draw that conclusion from these numbers alone, but it would be interesting to see what other data are out there. Frankly, I trust Walgreen’s a lot more than I trust the thoroughly politicized CDC.

https://www.walgreens.com/businesssolutions/covid-19-index.jsp
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Pretty good discussion on the "does the vaxx help or hurt" discussion. As is pointed out, the CDC is politicized and they aren't actively publishing any anti-vaxx data because why would our multi-billion dollar Center for Disease Control actually do their phucking job.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/04/does-vaccination-make-you-more-likely-to-catch-covid.php

Walgreen’s must run an enormous number of covid tests, nationwide. So their data should be a pretty good sample. Check out these numbers from Walgreen’s web site. This chart shows the positivity rate by vaccination status. It indicates that unvaccinated people currently have a lower rate of positive covid tests than vaccinated people:

So unvaccinated people accounted for 28.5% of the tests, but only 16.6% of the positive covid results.

There are several possible explanations here. The obvious one is that vaccination makes you more likely to catch covid. But it is also possible that people who don’t get vaccinated are, on average, healthier than people who do, and therefore their immune systems are more likely to fight off covid and other diseases. A third possibility is that unvaccinated people are, on average, more worried when they catch a cold and therefore are more likely to seek out a covid test. Of those possibilities, the second and third are totally hypothetical and speculative, and to some degree contradictory. Maybe there are more explanations that I haven’t thought of.

It is generally a mistake to draw cosmic conclusions from a single data set, but as noted, Walgreen’s administers an enormous number of covid tests. (I am sure the raw numbers can be found somewhere on the linked web site, but I couldn’t readily see them.) The authorities have admitted for quite a while that vaccination won’t prevent you from getting covid, so the theory is that it will likely prevent you from getting a serious case. But what if vaccination actually makes you more likely to get sick?

I can’t draw that conclusion from these numbers alone, but it would be interesting to see what other data are out there. Frankly, I trust Walgreen’s a lot more than I trust the thoroughly politicized CDC.

I'm just a grocer but I would say vaccinated people probably test more regularly than unvaccinated people. We were all told that testing would curb the pandemic before vaccines. So a large portion of people tested regularly for their community. Then we were told that vaccines would end the pandemic. That same portion of people rushed out and got their jabs. For their community. Then boosters and second boosters. For their community. The folks that got their shots and posted it on social media are bye and large the same ones still wearing their masks in public and are probably the same ones that still get a test every time they have a sniffle. For their community. That would skew the numbers on the graph wouldn't it?
    If you tested more often then the denominator goes up, if the vaxxed were less likely to have the chicom crud, then the positive numerator would go down and that would skew the results in favor of showing the vaxx worked.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What I got out of the past weeks worth of comments

The people that got vaxxed, then again, boosted, tested are bi and large
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm just a grocer but I would say vaccinated people probably test more regularly than unvaccinated people. We were all told that testing would curb the pandemic before vaccines. So a large portion of people tested regularly for their community. Then we were told that vaccines would end the pandemic. That same portion of people rushed out and got their jabs. For their community. Then boosters and second boosters. For their community. The folks that got their shots and posted it on social media are bye and large the same ones still wearing their masks in public and are probably the same ones that still get a test every time they have a sniffle. For their community. That would skew the numbers on the graph wouldn't it?
    If you tested more often then the denominator goes up, if the vaxxed were less likely to have the chicom crud, then the positive numerator would go down and that would skew the results in favor of showing the vaxx worked.
    I was told there would be no math.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I was told there would be no math.
    A quote originally attributed to Dr. Fow Chee. Little known fact.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited April 2022

Everyone that works with my wife is fully vaxxed. They've been dropping like flies this week. She had the no good J&J. Not even the sniffles. Most ran out and got boosted asap. Many have had covid at least twice. Safe and Effective.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Everyone that works with my wife is fully vaxxed. They've been dropping like flies this week. She had the no good J&J. Not even the sniffles. Most ran out and got boosted asap. Many have had covid at least twice. Safe and Effective.
    Kept husband heard from
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kept husband heard from
    You nailed it. I thought you were not going to respond to anything I poast? Wife out with her boyfriend again?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kept husband heard from
    You nailed it. I thought you were not going to respond to anything I poast? Wife out with her boyfriend again?
    Yeah, you're kept.
  • Options
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kept husband heard from
    Yeah, you're kept.
    You nailed it. Wife back yet?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kept husband heard from
    Yeah, you're kept.
    You nailed it. Wife back yet?
    Boring. Complete dumb fuck kept quook.