Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When the season is cancelled

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    My guess is conference schedule only (not sure what will happen to Notre Dame and BYU). Seasons starts mid-October and goes through mid-December. Bowl games and CFP will remain on schedule but the break in between the season and bowls will be condensed. The early signing period might get cancelled all together and everyone signs in February.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

My guess is conference schedule only (not sure what will happen to Notre Dame and BYU). Seasons starts mid-October and goes through mid-December. Bowl games and CFP will remain on schedule but the break in between the season and bowls will be condensed. The early signing period might get cancelled all together and everyone signs in February.
    You mean right when everyone panics again because the corona tote board on CNN is back in action?

You mean right when everyone panics again because the corona tote board on CNN is back in action?
    Teams will need roughly 2 months for conditioning and training camp before they take the field for a game. Some schools have already announced their campuses are closed until August so that will make the earliest start date in October. They will likely be playing in empty stadiums this year but many schools (hi Cuogs) desperately need that TV revenue to keep their programs alive so cancelling the season all together is not feasible.

My hope is the non conference games can be pushed back a year so we don't lose the Michigan home game. On the bright side, our toughest road games this year at Oregon, Utah, and SC will have no homefield advantage.
    edited April 2020

Teams will need roughly 2 months for conditioning and training camp before they take the field for a game. Some schools have already announced their campuses are closed until August so that will make the earliest start date in October. They will likely be playing in empty stadiums this year but many schools (hi Cuogs) desperately need that TV revenue to keep their programs alive so cancelling the season all together is not feasible.

My hope is the non conference games can be pushed back a year so we don't lose the Michigan home game. On the bright side, our toughest road games this year at Oregon, Utah, and SC will have no homefield advantage.
    He’s the dealio, yo. It all depends on when people (politicians) say fuck it, this has been a huge mistake and we need to get back to it. And that isn’t going to happen because there is no upside for a politician to do that (see Mayor Larry Vaughn in Jaws). We need a big dick politician to make the decision. Who’s it going to be? So that leaves us with the virus completely going away or a cure/vaccine. Both seem very unlikely.

What do you see changing between now and September that would have 70,000 people together watching sports?

He’s the dealio, yo. It all depends on when people (politicians) say fuck it, this has been a huge mistake and we need to get back to it. And that isn’t going to happen because there is no upside for a politician to do that (see Mayor Larry Vaughn in Jaws). We need a big dick politician to make the decision. Who’s it going to be? So that leaves us with the virus completely going away or a cure/vaccine. Both seem very unlikely.

What do you see changing between now and September that would have 70,000 people together watching sports?
    Nothing. That's why I said this season is going to be played in front of empty stadiums.
    edited April 2020

Nothing. That's why I said this season is going to be played in front of empty stadiums.
    Might as well not even play the games.

That would be pathetic.

Then went one player gets sick, that's the end of that.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Notre won't have to play a single game and they'll still be in the CFP conversation...they are loving this scenario.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Notre won't have to play a single game and they'll still be in the CFP conversation...they are loving this scenario.
    #MyIrish
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,685 Founders Club

If the NBA, NHL, MLB resume in June, there will be plenty of time for CFB and NFL to move forward.

As much as I'd like to see this, the unfortunate reality is that we're never going back to the way it was. I think it's almost impossible to believe the NBA, NHL or MLB will resume playing this year. Nobody will attend the games, advertising will be gone; we've allowed political overreaction and the media to destroy the world as we knew it.

So the limp wristed politicians will allow the players to expose each other? This is your team which destroyed everything you liked dipshit.

So the limp wristed politicians will allow the players to expose each other? This is your team which destroyed everything you liked dipshit.
    There's a reason there's a separate board for politics hot talk. Take this BS to the tug.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,723 Founders Club
    I am committing to Clemson for the 2020 season. Please respect my decision

He’s going to be signing a different tune if it’s his mom who dies. Then get back to me “let’s play” rah rah speech. This ain’t no flu.

There's a reason there's a separate board for politics hot talk. Take this BS to the tug.
    For once in your miserable life you were right
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

Now, more than ever before, it's time to Clemson up.