Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When the season is cancelled

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
What will be the UW response to issuing refunds?

I say they tell people to piss off on the seat donations, those are a “charity gift”.

They will offer some deal down the road on tickets rather than refund the money. Including extra points (if everyone gets points, who cares?)

If you want your money back you will be labeled a jerk who doesn’t support the program.

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    I wonder if NCAA will slide the football schedule. With the impact on athletic departments that football makes, it seems like they might take an approach of cancelling other sports instead and sliding the season. That's what I'd like to see happen. The departments need the revenue.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,355 Swaye's Wigwam
    If the NBA, NHL, MLB resume in June, there will be plenty of time for CFB and NFL to move forward.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020

I say they tell people to piss off on the seat donations, those are a “charity gift”.

They will offer some deal down the road on tickets rather than refund the money. Including extra points (if everyone gets points, who cares?)

If you want your money back you will be labeled a jerk who doesn’t support the program.

Paragraph two for sure

They will keep the money already put down but will apply to future ticket sales. Then in 2021 jack up the prices so you’ll still owe more
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,355 Swaye's Wigwam
    On topic: I'd guess they will just move it forward for a deposit. It would be great if Football and Mens Hoops could break off but title 9 would make it very hard. I had some women's softball player friends and they understood that the football team is what allowed them to do what they do. I'd imagine that's still the case.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

I say they tell people to piss off on the seat donations, those are a “charity grift”.

Tightened that up for you.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,685 Standard Supporter

Sue Inslee and Ferguson. The UW is a state institution. Their problem for breach of contract.

Don't fuck around with the underlings. Go straight to the top LIKE A DAWG!!!

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,463 Swaye's Wigwam

Don’t you mean some *crazy* deal?

@CrazyLarry true?!?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

If the NBA, NHL, MLB resume in June, there will be plenty of time for CFB and NFL to move forward.

This. When the MLB or NBA gets completely cancelled, it’s time to worry.
    No way does the NBA play another game this season
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,723 Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,723 Founders Club
    Screenshot saved