Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My final thoughts on DDY and Coker

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
I've been doing some thinking and reading of tea leaves. As I said in another thread, I texted Coker yesterday afternoon and said that we love him and DDY and never mind whatever else, they should come on back to HH... He never responded, but then later that evening I saw his tweet about how much he loves his Twitter Army of doogs.

I thought back to last September, when LMC PM'd me and said he hoped that I could iron out the tensions between me and DDY/Coker. I was totally confused what he was talking about. I texted DDY and asked him about this. He said that there were no issues and that LMC "was probably high LOL"

But a few weeks later in mid November, DDY asked if it was okay if he started posting as Crow T Robot instead of DDY. I told him I didn't care one way or the other. He posted briefly as Robot. He then only posted when he needed to plug his podcast. When I politely called him out on it, he vanished from HH and never posted again.

So in my final analysis, I think Roadie is probably right about Coker and his feelings. His ego got bruised from Hardcore Husky or other issues, and it caused him to withdraw and vow to never return. Coker then asked DDY to not post here anymore. DDY made an ill-fated attempt to stay here by changing his name to Crow T Robot. But finally, he saw that he couldn't play both sides of the fence. DDY's brotherhood with Coker caused him to leave HH as well.

So there you go, that's my take. As much as I've loved those guys, I'm ready to move on.

Comments

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    Should I pretend to care right now? Should I imagine how much better this place would be with them?

So confusing....
  • PuffyLittleGinagePuffyLittleGinage Member Posts: 87
    Heh, Coker... LOL
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    I just hope they keep poddin’.

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Meek said:

I still don't get why they left. No idea how they could have lasted as long as they did and then finally get offended after 5+ years. Did it have to do with them saying they were putting up their own site and then when it didn't happen around Rose Bowl time the (expected) jokes about it made them sad? That's the only thing I can think of.

I definitely think that was the turning point. Coker basically vanished from this site shortly after the Rose Bowl and DDY's presence gradually faded after that too.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

I still don't get why they left.

They are super fans of everything UW. Education, all sports, everything. This site is dedicated to the football program and friendly banter between pac 12 fans. It's that simple.

Having a duck bored on a husky site is the equivalent of letting your neighbor's 35 year old unemployed strung out son live in your spare bedroom while tending to a grow op in your garage and eating out of your fridge. Just one example but they were never really going to stay here.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

I still don't get why they left. No idea how they could have lasted as long as they did and then finally get offended after 5+ years. Did it have to do with them saying they were putting up their own site and then when it didn't happen around Rose Bowl time the (expected) jokes about it made them sad? That's the only thing I can think of.

I dont get any of this. Coker came back briefly as definitelynotcoker. Dennis was back as whatever he was. Then they were gone again.

I thought they started their own thing because this place limited their ambitions a bit, and that their new one would always be kind of a companion site to this. They wouldn't be here as much because they'd be busier there and for no other reason.

Then they struggled to launch and got teased a bunch, with a few even slinging shit at them and treating them like Chest. When they stopped coming on here I still just figured it had to do with changed priorities or something, not any kind of hard feelings.

If theres more to it then that then, well, I guess i just dont GAF. Not my deal. I wish they were back running the recruiting board sans LMC, but its humming along ok without them too thanks to Courics, neighbor, dnc, and the rest.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    It's a question of trying to develop a public persona. On Twitter they have to pump up UW while restraining their all their angst, anger, and hysteria. They are trying to have influence as a UW AD shadow government.

How does such a "leadership" role jibe with getting roasted on a message board, periodically? They can't handle both roles.

They want to control conversation and message, not really debate it with others. Especially when they screw up.