Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I didn't see this coming

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The answer is abundance as always.

Some of this is legitimate medical community precaution. Some of it is opportunism to push out the sitting president.

The voice of reason

A normal reaction to this would not be what we are seeing now

Every year we get a warning of a new kind of flu and are urged to take precautions and we should

Far worse cases with far higher deaths didn't close anything

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not sure what more people expect of their government. At some point, if you need Jay Inslee to tell you to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS before picking your nose then you probably should get corona virus.

I honestly have no criticism of anyone in terms of how this has been handled. I was thinking the other day, besides FDRs great speach following Pearl Harbor, and maybe W's response to 9-11, which was far and away his shining moment, has any President ever been great in a crisis? Don't they all get criticized? We're Americans. We like to bitch. It's who we are.

And damn proud of it

I support skepticism of government and eliminating the cult of personality around any president. Live your damn life or your best life as the kids say today

LIPO. We'll know in a few months time whether the panic was merited or not.

Like the IMPEACHMENT!!!!! ???

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.
    This is gonna play out like New Coke.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
    My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
    Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

Right now it is a media and internet panic attack creation until it isn't

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.
    Why is Italy trying to take down Trump?
    Who said they were?

The US has done nothing as extreme as them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not sure what more people expect of their government. At some point, if you need Jay Inslee to tell you to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS before picking your nose then you probably should get corona virus.

I honestly have no criticism of anyone in terms of how this has been handled. I was thinking the other day, besides FDRs great speach following Pearl Harbor, and maybe W's response to 9-11, which was far and away his shining moment, has any President ever been great in a crisis? Don't they all get criticized? We're Americans. We like to bitch. It's who we are.

And damn proud of it

I support skepticism of government and eliminating the cult of personality around any president. Live your damn life or your best life as the kids say today

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
    My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
    Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.
    Who said they were?

And?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

And damn proud of it

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Who said they were?

And?
    Why isn't their response a conspiracy?
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My viewpoint. LIPO. awfully warm to crown the CV-19 virus as the conference champion. The reactions are clearly politically motivated at worst or snowflake policies at best. If we saw explosive exponential growth of deaths ( the ultimate measure people care about ) in WA state or elsewhere in the US on a daily basis, I'd be ready to crown the CV-19 but that's simply not happening...

It doesn't take a math major to see this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And damn proud of it

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Who said they were?

And?
    Why isn't their response a conspiracy?
    Because it is Italy

You think that somehow disproves the blatant politicization of the issue in the US? Can't help you then

Let's focus on what is happening in the good old USA
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

So if Cankles was POTUS and all other things being eqaul my kids wouldn't be out of school for 2 weeks now and NBA would still be on?

Good to know that my life is being fucked with in so many ways because of a conspiracy to get Trump.
    Well has the flu caused this type of reaction before? Nope. The last thing to cause this reaction was AIDS and we would be homophobic bigots if we reacted like this. Do the math

Did the democrats blame your boy for a hurricane? Why yes they did. The playbook never changes.

You can call it a conspiracy if you want but it is what it is. Its the democrats and their media and social media looking to not let an alleged crisis go to waste

How may sick people do you know?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Some of this is legitimate medical community precaution. Some of it is opportunism to push out the sitting president.

The voice of reason

Every year we get a warning of a new kind of flu and are urged to take precautions and we should

We politicize everything in America.

And let's not kid ourselves. The right would be trying to use this against a Democratic president without question.

They just wouldn't have the mainstream media's support.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The voice of reason

And let's not kid ourselves. The right would be trying to use this against a Democratic president without question.

That's fair

So I am right. As usual
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

So if Cankles was POTUS and all other things being eqaul my kids wouldn't be out of school for 2 weeks now and NBA would still be on?

Good to know that my life is being fucked with in so many ways because of a conspiracy to get Trump.
    I'm not 100% sure things wouldn't be different, at least to some degree. First of all Hillary would have had a stronger up front response which probably would have prevented some of the out and out panic we're seeing now. We are naturally skeptical of government as Americans so when the government says "worry about this" we roll our eyes but when they say "don't worry about this" we freak out. Trump said "don't worry" often enough that it ended up biting him in the ass. He's clearly course corrected but even that is worrisome - "if even Trump is freaking out about this it must be really serious".

I'd take a Trump presidency 10 times out of 10 over a Hillary one. But I think she probably would have handled this better and the mass hysteria we are now experiencing would exist but probably not to this degree.

I don't think any less people would actually die under Hillary, don't twist, but that's a different conversation.
  • Options
    THIS:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Well has the flu caused this type of reaction before? Nope. The last thing to cause this reaction was AIDS and we would be homophobic bigots if we reacted like this. Do the math

Did the democrats blame your boy for a hurricane? Why yes they did. The playbook never changes.

You can call it a conspiracy if you want but it is what it is. Its the democrats and their media and social media looking to not let an alleged crisis go to waste

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

How are those test kits coming along?

NOC
    But test kits!!

If we could just test more people we could stop this thing.
    It's almost if there's a correlation with aggressive testing (China and South Korea) to the slowdown of the spread of the virus
    Yes. Let's praise the Country that developed the virus, unleashed it onto it's people, hid it's existence, then lied about it's existence as the standard bearer of outbreak prevention.

Just when I thought TDS couldnt seep into a cortex any deeper, you totally redeem yourself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Biden – the clear front-runner in the Democratic presidential nomination race over Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont – also criticized President Trump's efforts to date to curb the spread of the virus, or COVID-19, in the United States.

“Downplaying it, being overly dismissive, or spreading misinformation is only going to hurt us and further advantage the spread of the disease. But neither should we panic or fall back on xenophobia,” Biden said in a speech from his hometown of Wilmington, Del.

“Labeling COVID-19 a foreign virus does not displace accountability for the misjudgments that have been taken thus far by the Trump administration,” Biden said as he took aim at the president for calling the pandemic a “foreign virus” in an Oval Office address Wednesday night that’s been criticized for a number of misstatements.

Biden called for “decisive public health response to curb the spread of the disease and to provide treatment to those who need it.”

So we should neither downplay it or panic but provide treatment. And don't blame China because Joe needs to get paid and has a family to support

Leadership we need when we need it

Moments after the conclusion of Biden’s speech, the Trump re-election campaign returned fire, arguing that in the past Biden’s “shown terrible judgment and incompetence in the face of public health issues.”

“The Obama White House had to publicly apologize for and clean up after Biden when his irresponsible remarks caused panic during the swine flu outbreak in 2009. Just weeks ago, he was openly critical of President Trump’s early move to restrict travel from China to the United States in response to the coronavirus – a decision which medical experts agree helped impede the spread of the virus to this country,” charged Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh.

Biden’s campaign had announced on Wednesday that the former vice president would give the address Thursday afternoon on the coronavirus. The Sanders campaign announced just before Biden came before cameras that the senator would make his own address regarding the pandemic from his hometown of Burlington, Vt., later in the afternoon.

Or not
  • Options
    You mean Hillary would handle this better than Obama did with Swine Flu? Disagree.
    dnc said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

I'm not 100% sure things wouldn't be different, at least to some degree. First of all Hillary would have had a stronger up front response which probably would have prevented some of the out and out panic we're seeing now. We are naturally skeptical of government as Americans so when the government says "worry about this" we roll our eyes but when they say "don't worry about this" we freak out. Trump said "don't worry" often enough that it ended up biting him in the ass. He's clearly course corrected but even that is worrisome - "if even Trump is freaking out about this it must be really serious".

I'd take a Trump presidency 10 times out of 10 over a Hillary one. But I think she probably would have handled this better and the mass hysteria we are now experiencing would exist but probably not to this degree.

I don't think any less people would actually die under Hillary, don't twist, but that's a different conversation.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

The football field-sized CoronaVirus™ burial pits in Iran kind of give me the spooky-ooky. I think caution, listening to the experts, and LIPO is well-advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLddoVgFOxg
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hillary wouldn't have to do anything because no one would be blaming her. I don't even remember this alleged botching of the swine flu in 09. That's how memorable it was

Would Hillary have cut off travel in January? Or given in to her Chi Com bankers?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The voice of reason

They might try but nothing remotely close to the RAT extent and RAT Pravda wouldn't do what they're doing now.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

My 2 yr old. 12 days in the hospital so far in the past year and a half.