Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I didn't see this coming

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

How are those test kits coming along?

NOC
    But test kits!!

If we could just test more people we could stop this thing.
    It's almost if there's a correlation with aggressive testing (China and South Korea) to the slowdown of the spread of the virus
    How much testing have the done in Russia? Because they've hardly had any virus. Appears to be a better correlation between restricting travel and slowing the spread of the virus than testing.
    I think there is something in tracksuits and a BAC of .16 using Vodka only that helps keep the virus at bay.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LIPO. We'll know in a few months time whether the panic was merited or not.

Like the IMPEACHMENT!!!!! ???

• Options

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not sure what more people expect of their government. At some point, if you need Jay Inslee to tell you to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS before picking your nose then you probably should get corona virus.

I honestly have no criticism of anyone in terms of how this has been handled. I was thinking the other day, besides FDRs great speach following Pearl Harbor, and maybe W's response to 9-11, which was far and away his shining moment, has any President ever been great in a crisis? Don't they all get criticized? We're Americans. We like to bitch. It's who we are.

JFK got blowies from Marilyn Monroe AND saved the world from the Missles of October.

#courage

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,233
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
  • Options

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,218
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Everything that we've been told to let turn out turned out to be bullshit

Go figure
  • Options

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.
    This is gonna play out like New Coke.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,346
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not sure what more people expect of their government. At some point, if you need Jay Inslee to tell you to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS before picking your nose then you probably should get corona virus.

I honestly have no criticism of anyone in terms of how this has been handled. I was thinking the other day, besides FDRs great speach following Pearl Harbor, and maybe W's response to 9-11, which was far and away his shining moment, has any President ever been great in a crisis? Don't they all get criticized? We're Americans. We like to bitch. It's who we are.

And damn proud of it

I support skepticism of government and eliminating the cult of personality around any president. Live your damn life or your best life as the kids say today
    I think the more woke ones say authentic life.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,233
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
    My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
    Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

Right now it is a media and internet panic attack creation until it isn't

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And the dumbuck leading the charge here chimes in

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The answer is abundance as always.

Some of this is legitimate medical community precaution. Some of it is opportunism to push out the sitting president.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,650
    I'm making sure everyone can work from home. Then I'm like well this is pointless. We're a wholesale distributor if we ain't shipping there is no work
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

And damn proud of it

I support skepticism of government and eliminating the cult of personality around any president. Live your damn life or your best life as the kids say today

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Why is Italy trying to take down Trump?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And damn proud of it

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Who said they were?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,650

And damn proud of it

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Who said they were?

Me bitch