Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I didn't see this coming

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Hillary wouldn't have to do anything because no one would be blaming her. I don't even remember this alleged botching of the swine flu in 09. That's how memorable it was

Would Hillary have cut off travel in January? Or given in to her Chi Com bankers?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,073
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LIPO. We'll know in a few months time whether the panic was merited or not.

Like the IMPEACHMENT!!!!! ???

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.
    This is gonna play out like New Coke.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
    My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
    Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

Right now it is a media and internet panic attack creation until it isn't

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.
    So if Cankles was POTUS and all other things being eqaul my kids wouldn't be out of school for 2 weeks now and NBA would still be on?

Good to know that my life is being fucked with in so many ways because of a conspiracy to get Trump.
    Well has the flu caused this type of reaction before? Nope. The last thing to cause this reaction was AIDS and we would be homophobic bigots if we reacted like this. Do the math

Did the democrats blame your boy for a hurricane? Why yes they did. The playbook never changes.

You can call it a conspiracy if you want but it is what it is. Its the democrats and their media and social media looking to not let an alleged crisis go to waste

How may sick people do you know?
    My 2 yr old. 12 days in the hospital so far in the past year and a half.
    From corona?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

How are those test kits coming along?

NOC
    But test kits!!

If we could just test more people we could stop this thing.
    It's almost if there's a correlation with aggressive testing (China and South Korea) to the slowdown of the spread of the virus
    Yes. Let's praise the Country that developed the virus, unleashed it onto it's people, hid it's existence, then lied about it's existence as the standard bearer of outbreak prevention.

Just when I thought TDS couldnt seep into a cortex any deeper, you totally redeem yourself.
    TYFYS
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.
    Disagree. Anyone with a brain new how impeachment was gonna play out. The markets barely noticed. Not the case here.

Thud. Go back to the old flu prevention protocol. Wash hands. Drink fluids. Take your vitamins. Beat off furiously when necessary.
    My gut tells me this is the case, but I'm not in the prediction bidness anymore.

I'm in the bulls eye of CV hell right now with work, kid's schools closed for weeks at a minimum, pre-schedule out patient surgery for the wife being cancelled, etc, etc. I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime as it relates to a germ hysteria. Something has the worldwide medical community spooked and it's not just some Donkey conspiracy to take down Trump.
    Is it really the medical community that is spooked? I just pasted a note from WHO which is part of the UN world wide communist conspiracy and he said 80% will have mild symptoms. The usual people who die off every year from the flu will continue to do so

And it is clearly being used as a hail mary against Trump. That isn't even a question.
    So if Cankles was POTUS and all other things being eqaul my kids wouldn't be out of school for 2 weeks now and NBA would still be on?

Good to know that my life is being fucked with in so many ways because of a conspiracy to get Trump.
    Well has the flu caused this type of reaction before? Nope. The last thing to cause this reaction was AIDS and we would be homophobic bigots if we reacted like this. Do the math

Did the democrats blame your boy for a hurricane? Why yes they did. The playbook never changes.

You can call it a conspiracy if you want but it is what it is. Its the democrats and their media and social media looking to not let an alleged crisis go to waste

And everyone feels for you. By all means, continue believing the RATs care about you and just more government will solve all your problems. Just be prepared to spend less time with the professionals your child needs.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

The thing is that this virus is harder to spread than the run of the mill flu. It's more dangerous than the run of the mill flu, but is easier contained. The travel bans will help as long as people do what they are supposed to do here. The biggest mistake was allowing any trading on the NYSE.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

The thing is that this virus is harder to spread than the run of the mill flu. It's more dangerous than the run of the mill flu, but is easier contained. The travel bans will help as long as people do what they are supposed to do here. The biggest mistake was allowing any trading on the NYSE.
    Serious discussion, I've only seen the opposite. Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,088
    edited March 2020
    salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

Cramer had some good ideas this morning. Pretty sure he was on the phone directly with Kudlow during the show pre-market open.

I’ve never seen any anchor take a call live on the air. Cramer excused himself and started talking on his cell.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since most of the trading is done by program I thought there were triggers to shut it down to avoid 08. Or 89.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

#MeToo. I'd seen a figure that put the 'Vid as 3x more communicable than influenza.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not sure what more people expect of their government. At some point, if you need Jay Inslee to tell you to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS before picking your nose then you probably should get corona virus.

I honestly have no criticism of anyone in terms of how this has been handled. I was thinking the other day, besides FDRs great speach following Pearl Harbor, and maybe W's response to 9-11, which was far and away his shining moment, has any President ever been great in a crisis? Don't they all get criticized? We're Americans. We like to bitch. It's who we are.

JFK got blowies from Marilyn Monroe AND saved the world from the Missles of October.

#courage

You're right. That was a big miss on my part.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Misinformation in a panic?

That never happens
  • Options
    dnc said:

The answer is abundance as always.

Some of this is legitimate medical community precaution. Some of it is opportunism to push out the sitting president.

That's how I see it. I think there is concern that this things spreads faster and multiplies faster than the flu. I also think political opponents will sling poo at their opponents whenever said poo is to be found.

The thing about politics is, there is no low too low. It's a grimy bidness.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

And everyone feels for you. By all means, continue believing the RATs care about you and just more government will solve all your problems. Just be prepared to spend less time with the professionals your child needs.
    I'm not a Dem. I've voted GOP in 6 Presidential Elections.

• Options
    salemcoog said:

How are those test kits coming along?

NOC
    But test kits!!

If we could just test more people we could stop this thing.
    It's almost if there's a correlation with aggressive testing (China and South Korea) to the slowdown of the spread of the virus
    Yes. Let's praise the Country that developed the virus, unleashed it onto it's people, hid it's existence, then lied about it's existence as the standard bearer of outbreak prevention.

Just when I thought TDS couldnt seep into a cortex any deeper, you totally redeem yourself.
    we need to work on singular possessive form of "its", but we're Cuogs so I know that's not our strong suit. Otherwise I agree with you in that I'm Damn mad at China. Again.

Stop eating bats you fucking weirdo @RoadDawg55 !!!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020
    Fuckin ignant up in this bitch. This isn't the flu. It's more contagious, the death rate is higher, and there is no vaccine. Stop comparing the two. Maybe it's going to get worse, maybe it isn't. I just know that Forrest Gump got it, experts are concerned, elderly are dying, US senators are quarantining themselves, symptoms don't show for 14 days, Iran is digging mass burial pits, and no one knows how to get tested. The day that you are making a comment on the internet is not the day in which the full-extent of the virus spread/consequences has been reached. Have some fucking foresight, you twats. This very well could just be the start of it, but maybe fucking not. I come in here and some are railing on about media conspiracies against Trump and bullying rational discussion like it's r/TheDonald. Get the fuck over yourself, internet tough guys. Christ. Be cautious, don't read Breitbart like a fucking moron, don't turn every fucking thing into political warfare, and LIPO. I feel like at a beer league softball game in Pensacola in here. I guess I'm new to the Tug. I'll gladly see myself out.

Go Dawgs.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

I'm not a Dem. I've voted GOP in 6 Presidential Elections.

Fair enough but you seem to walk a fine line between true conservatism (small government) and a bigger, more progressive approach to government.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

He left out the next line:

Experts say the new coronavirus may appear to be more transmissible than flu right now because people have at least some immunity to seasonal flu viruses, since the flu goes around every year, and there is a flu vaccine.

LIPO if nothing else.
  • Options

Fuckin ignant up in this bitch. This isn't the flu. It's more contagious, the death rate is higher, and there is no vaccine. Stop comparing the two. Maybe it's going to get worse, maybe it isn't. I just know that Forrest Gump got it, experts are concerned, elderly are dying, US senators are quarantining themselves, symptoms don't show for 14 days, Iran is digging mass burial pits, and no one knows how to get tested. The day that you are making a comment on the internet is not the day in which the full-extent of the virus spread/consequences has been reached. Have some fucking foresight, you twats. This very well could just be the start of it, but maybe fucking not. I come in here and some are railing about media conspiracies against Trump and bullying rational discussion like it's r/TheDonald. Get the fuck over yourself, internet tough guys. Christ. Be cautious, don't read Breitbart like a fucking moron, don't turn every fucking thing into political warfare, and LIPO. I feel like at a beer league softball game in Pensacola in here. I guess I'm new to the Tug. I'll gladly see myself out.

Go Dawgs.

Huh?

Fuck off BigErn.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Not a good analogy.
    Actually perfect.

There are contradictory reports of how transmissible Covid-19 is. The disease does not seem to spread as easily as the flu, according to the WHO, which found that most of the spread in China was through close contacts like family members. Other disease modeling suggests the new virus is more transmissible than the flu.