Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious question: Should Jen Cohen fire Mike Hopkins?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,008
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No, give him one more year

Jen Cohen should sodomize PurpleBaze with rusty hookah

Once again, @Yousef_#1UberDriver, consequences in terms of tolls or the extent of the epidemic you have become on University of Washington Hardcore Husky website is aimed at increasing fear and panic among people cannot be calculated. You are very bad man.

Leader @DerekJohnson, I respect rule to not call for genocide, but I hope this Yousef contracts COVID-19, spends many weeks in hospital isolation and recovers after many painful days of treatment only to never drive car again. This curse I put upon him.
    Hey, be nice.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    He showed enough in his first 2 seasons to make me think that he could still be the guy, and this season was just a fluke. Can him after another bad season... but it’s not worth the buyout as long as that *maybe* factor exists.

Also worth noting that it’ll be easier to attract a better new coach once the new $60 million training facility is built or close to being ready
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    No, he needs several more years to clean up the program
    haie said:

I rather enjoy watching the suffering.

Suffering?

It's basketball, who cares? It's not real life, like watching Oregon win a 🥀 after we just lost one the year before.
    And, yet, this thread.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Waffled between yes and no. Question is, is Hop going to be just a continuation of Syracuse, or adapt.

A continuation of Syracuse? They aren’t ever getting last in the conference.
    The poont is he is just trying to do Syracuse at UW. Stringent to the 2-3. It was eye opening how much the team responded to switching to zone, and full court pressure, and at that point one could see the talent come forward. Also Syracuse is a national hoops brand, with actual history and accomplishments, with the benefit of being in the ACC (currently) where a 9th or 10th place finish can still lead to a tourney appearance. BTW Syracuse is a .500 conference team the last 5 years.

Should Roy Williams be fired for finishing last in the ACC this year?

Did Coach K stay stringent to the coaching philosophy of Bob Knight? Roy Williams to Dean Smith? Is Bill Self doing everything Larry Brown did? Or did they take that, put their own spin on things, and adapt to new situations. My poont is I don't see Hop adapting, just being a zealot to a system, that though successful at Syracuse, isn't a great fit for the talent on his roster.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

First to worst. Enough said on that.

In fairness, wasn't it basically worst-to-first-to-worst?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,847
    Yes, right now
    dnc said:

Yes - yesterday.

Steal the Cuog ala Marv Harshman. Their overall talent level is laughable for a Pac 12 team aside from Elleby. But Cuog bitch slapped Hop twice this season.

WSU is 6-10 in conference.

Dude is better than Hop but that doesn't make him good.
    Cuog has one guy who would start elsewhere in the conference.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What do you losers have to say NOW!!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes, right now

dnc said:

Yes - yesterday.

Steal the Cuog ala Marv Harshman. Their overall talent level is laughable for a Pac 12 team aside from Elleby. But Cuog bitch slapped Hop twice this season.

I would still take Noah Williams over half the players on our team. He’s going to be a good player.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Hop gets one more year. Fire McTurnover.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cbk/leaders.asp?conf=002&stat=06
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think this bored goes nuts about firing. Some probably think Saban ought to be fired.

That said, a repeat of and he's gone
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yes, right now

I think this bored goes nuts about firing. Some probably think Saban ought to be fired.

That said, a repeat of and he's gone

Next year will be much better when we lose those shitty lottery picks. I guess we could wait, but I'm not really sure what for. Getting dead last in this conference should always be immediate grounds for dismissal.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,847
    Yes, right now

dnc said:

Yes - yesterday.

I would still take Noah Williams over half the players on our team. He’s going to be a good player.
    He’s a helluva player. Definitely gonna be a good, maybe great one. Still a freshman.

But, yeah - clearly gets his rocks off beating Hop’s overrated mess.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    No
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Keep Hop. The recruiting luster is gone. No more McDonalds AA. Fine. Let him sign the best local kids, possible and develop them over three/four years. UW can't win with 1-2 one and done's and upperclass jags. They just can't. This isn't Duke, Carolina, or Kentucky.

Historically Washington wins with upperclassman. Great if Hop can sign a Stewart like player to add to a composite roster of jr/sr's. An eligible point guard would be nice, too. Daniels sucked but was a must take. He'll get some guys. LIPO.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes, right now
    Baseman said:

Keep Hop. The recruiting luster is gone. No more McDonalds AA. Fine. Let him sign the best local kids, possible and develop them over three/four years. UW can't win with 1-2 one and done's and upperclass jags. They just can't. This isn't Duke, Carolina, or Kentucky.

Historically Washington wins with upperclassman. Great if Hop can sign a Stewart like player to add to a composite roster of jr/sr's. An eligible point guard would be nice, too. Daniels sucked but was a must take. He'll get some guys. LIPO.

You’re prolly right. But I don’t care enough about Husky hoops to be an informed fan.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes, right now
    We need a Pat Haden-type move from Syracuse or we’re fooked