Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious question: Should Jen Cohen fire Mike Hopkins?

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Jen Cohen should sodomize PurpleBaze with rusty hookah

Once again, @Yousef_#1UberDriver, consequences in terms of tolls or the extent of the epidemic you have become on University of Washington Hardcore Husky website is aimed at increasing fear and panic among people cannot be calculated. You are very bad man.

Leader @DerekJohnson, I respect rule to not call for genocide, but I hope this Yousef contracts COVID-19, spends many weeks in hospital isolation and recovers after many painful days of treatment only to never drive car again. This curse I put upon him.
    wouldnt that be more of a 'hex?'
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No, give him one more year

I think this bored goes nuts about firing. Some probably think Saban ought to be fired.

That said, a repeat of and he's gone

I never said Fire Sark until 2012. Never said It about Pete. Hope is the last place coach with no icoming fercuits. He’s gotta go.
    Chinned for getting this thought across mid-stroke.

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think it would be best to give Hop two more years, then view the body of work. (I voted for 1 more year). That would be 5 years.

I have some hope that he can do a better job, like he did when surprised everyone in his first year.

And maybe limit the one-and-done’s. With the exception of Stewart none of them have made uw a better team, just good recruiting rankings.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    76 votes

48% fire him now
    36% one more year
    13% needs more time to clean up the program
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

76 votes

48% fire him now
    36% one more year

Standard response around here is fire this person fire that person
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

76 votes

48% fire him now
    36% one more year

Standard response around here is fire this person fire that person
    Enlightening
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There’s absolutely no reason to fire Hop

Yes ... this year has been below what was expected ... took longer than desired for the light bulb to go on

The thing I look for in evaluating is whether the team has quit ... this team despite their flaws for large parts of the season never quit

Firing people isn’t something that should be arrived at lightly ... when it is it is usually warranted because of non-performance related behavior or there are large vendettas in play
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Yes ... this year has been below what was expected ... took longer than desired for the light bulb to go on

The thing I look for in evaluating is whether the team has quit ... this team despite their flaws for large parts of the season never quit

Firing people isn’t something that should be arrived at lightly ... when it is it is usually warranted because of non-performance related behavior or there are large vendettas in play

This is a good point. Romar had a few teams fold the tent on him. This team never quit. Close loss after close loss they always played hard and led in the second half in pretty much every game they played this year. They seem to be figuring some things out. Sweeping the desert is not easy. If Hop can coach next years team to an NIT then he is probably a pretty good coach. The question that remains is can he build a roster of solid four year players and develop those guys as they mature. Fire Dollar or Conroy and bring in a coach, young or old that can run an offense. Next years team will need an offensive identity that can get guys open looks at the bucket through ball movement and off ball movement. What we ran this year with actual talent will be a disaster with next years roster. Just my two cents. Coach stays.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,774
    edited March 2020
    Yes, right now

Tequilla said:

This is a good point. Romar had a few teams fold the tent on him. This team never quit. Close loss after close loss they always played hard and led in the second half in pretty much every game they played this year. They seem to be figuring some things out. Sweeping the desert is not easy. If Hop can coach next years team to an NIT then he is probably a pretty good coach. The question that remains is can he build a roster of solid four year players and develop those guys as they mature. Fire Dollar or Conroy and bring in a coach, young or old that can run an offense. Next years team will need an offensive identity that can get guys open looks at the bucket through ball movement and off ball movement. What we ran this year with actual talent will be a disaster with next years roster. Just my two cents. Coach stays.
    Doog legends or not, what coach in their right mind would bring in two guys that either played or coached for the prior coach who got run out of town?

Cameron Dollar hasn't seen the better side of basketball since he started eating pizza in Clarkston. And he hasn't stopped. Nom nom nom.

And no recruits this year?!? From a supposed local guy in Conroy? WTF???? He should be able to drive to Garfield, O'Dea and Beach and pull at least ONE D-1 caliber guy out of the lunchroom. If your 'local' hometown guy can't do that, then there's something more that is either being left unsaid or he's not well-liked with the local power brokers/high school coaches. Get your shit together or GTFO. Even Stan Empterman was asked to LEAVE and he's sure as fuck a bigger doog legend than Will fucking Conroy.

Don't even get me started on that lurch motherfucker Rice. He couldn't be Ken Bone's piss boy from an X and O standpoint. WTF does he bring to the table other than "look at me, I played with Grandmama and Stacy Augmon"? He should know how to cheat like a motherfucker and bring in talent with those roots. Instead Hop gets the one fucking Mormon from the Tarkanian tree.

Either Hop sweeps his staff and gets his own guys in there or he gets no more tim. Very simple.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You better be fielding a top 68 team in year 4
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes, right now
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

You better be fielding a top 68 team in year 4
    53rd in kenpom baby.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

People forget that it took John Wooden 15 years to win his first natty doing it the right way. They forget that.

This is some of the finest alt handle work since @Octavian’s Five Reasons.
  • Options
    Yousef_#1UberDriverYousef_#1UberDriver Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yes, right now

People forget that it took John Wooden 15 years to win his first natty doing it the right way. They forget that.

This is some of the finest alt handle work since @Octavian’s Five Reasons.
    Hurtful. I throw dirt on your head!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,774
    edited March 2020
    Yes, right now

Unless one of the Nordstrom Bros. do their best Sam Gilbert and step up with some cups of cash, ain't happening any time soon in Montlake.

Ain't happening any time ever with Hop in charge.