Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Klobuchar sells the couch

124»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I blame the panderers more than the pandered to

I think it is simplistic to say Blacks vote for free shit. I think if you listen to Democrats they believe that. The annual listing of what we are going to do for you since you can't do it yourself

The Democrats have scored big on calling everyone a racist for 50 years. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.

Of course Black voters are complex and diverse in thought. Their vote isn't.

To me this is a big election for the GOP. Can Trump pull 15 to 20% based on results? In theory he should.

The little secret is a lot of Blacks see Democrats as simply the lesser of two evils. Who haven't done anything other than take them for granted

2 cents
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Your article says nothing about Biden losing his grip on black voters in SC.

HTH

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/15/joe-biden-south-carolina-firewall-114862

Fuck off
    Hey you found the right article this time!

That one really hurt my snatch.
    Hey you were talking out your ass!!!! But I widely miss the mark and don't know what I was talking about.

Polling is infallible
    And there's the strawman ass fuck.
    You called them a monolith.

You presented data that shows that, at most, 34% of black SC voters switched to Biden after he got one endorsement.

That's a big chunk and impressive. It was obviously a major factor, a fact that no one is denying.

It's also a hell of a long way from being a monolith.

Because, once again, this is a lot more complicated than you like to think it is.
    Yeah, the black vote isn't monolithic.

An overwhelming majority of black voters — 85 percent — said in a new Hill-HarrisX poll that they would choose any Democratic presidential candidate over President Trump.

The survey, which was released on Monday, found this sentiment to be particularly true among black voters along partisan lines.

Ninety-eight percent of black voters who identify as Democrat, and 72 percent of those who identify as independent said they would back whoever ultimately becomes the Democratic nominee over Trump. Just 12 percent of black voters who identify as Republican said the same.

Black voters are considered a key voting bloc with the Democratic Party, particularly in states like South Carolina where they make up a significant proportion of the electorate.

Can you come up with a single other racial group that votes more monolithically for the Rat party?
    Unattractive & never married older white liberal women?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think it is simplistic to say Blacks vote for free shit. I think if you listen to Democrats they believe that. The annual listing of what we are going to do for you since you can't do it yourself

The Democrats have scored big on calling everyone a racist for 50 years. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.

To me this is a big election for the GOP. Can Trump pull 15 to 20% based on results? In theory he should.

The little secret is a lot of Blacks see Democrats as simply the lesser of two evils. Who haven't done anything other than take them for granted

2 cents

It's simplistic to say that blacks vote only for free shit, and many of the blacks that still stay loyal to the Rat party today aren't getting any "free" shit they are paying for the "free" shit. But it's undeniable to look at the black vote and not to admit that a lot of allegiance to the Rat party was purchased with the promise of "free" shit. In the 1930s there was absolutely no reason for a black person to support the Rat party. But through the Northern Rat party political machines with the assistance of FDR the Rats were able to start prying away a sizable number of black voters with the promise of "free" shit.

I really believe that what keeps many black voter loyal to the Rat party today is force of habit and community, family and social pressure. The same is true for many American Jews. The number of black people I know personally who live and earn like Episcopalians but still vote like Puerto Ricans is very similar to Jewish Americans.

If you were to talk to members of my wife's family most of them sound like hard core conservatives when it comes to Social issues, crime and punishment, trust in Government, they just don't vote that way.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options

I would say that LBJ was correct with his assumption on the black vote. History has proven him right beyond a shadow of doubt.

Got to love all these lilly white Northwesterners who live in lilly white land lecturing everyone about the nuances of the black support of the dem party.

When do we start talking about how many black people we know?
    We?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

I would say that LBJ was correct with his assumption on the black vote. History has proven him right beyond a shadow of doubt.

Got to love all these lilly white Northwesterners who live in lilly white land lecturing everyone about the nuances of the black support of the dem party.

Hell FDR was able to get a significant number of blacks to vote for the party that supported Jim Crow and lynching all because of the handouts.
    The Civil Rights Act & great society program didn't start the handout mentality. Bureaucratic inertia and exploitation of it created that, just like happens with every government subsidy program, no matter what people or industry it's originally created to help. Bob, you could probably sell your point if you'd stop conflating so badly. HTH.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Your article says nothing about Biden losing his grip on black voters in SC.

HTH

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/15/joe-biden-south-carolina-firewall-114862

Fuck off
    Hey you found the right article this time!

That one really hurt my snatch.
    Hey you were talking out your ass!!!! But I widely miss the mark and don't know what I was talking about.

Polling is infallible
    And there's the strawman ass fuck.
    You called them a monolith.

You presented data that shows that, at most, 34% of black SC voters switched to Biden after he got one endorsement.

That's a big chunk and impressive. It was obviously a major factor, a fact that no one is denying.

It's also a hell of a long way from being a monolith.

Because, once again, this is a lot more complicated than you like to think it is.
    Yeah, the black vote isn't monolithic.

An overwhelming majority of black voters — 85 percent — said in a new Hill-HarrisX poll that they would choose any Democratic presidential candidate over President Trump.

The survey, which was released on Monday, found this sentiment to be particularly true among black voters along partisan lines.

Ninety-eight percent of black voters who identify as Democrat, and 72 percent of those who identify as independent said they would back whoever ultimately becomes the Democratic nominee over Trump. Just 12 percent of black voters who identify as Republican said the same.

Black voters are considered a key voting bloc with the Democratic Party, particularly in states like South Carolina where they make up a significant proportion of the electorate.

Can you come up with a single other racial group that votes more monolithically for the Rat party?
    Unattractive & never married older white liberal women?
    A few other factors other than race going on there.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Hell FDR was able to get a significant number of blacks to vote for the party that supported Jim Crow and lynching all because of the handouts.
    The Civil Rights Act & great society program didn't start the handout mentality. Bureaucratic inertia and exploitation of it created that, just like happens with every government subsidy program, no matter what people or industry it's originally created to help. Bob, you could probably sell your point if you'd stop conflating so badly. HTH.
    What am I conflating? I've never claimed the Civil Rights Act or the Great Society program started the handout mentality. People have been voting for "free" shit or a patronage job in this country long before any Civil Rights Acts were ever dreamed of.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What am I conflating? I've never claimed the Civil Rights Act or the Great Society program started the handout mentality. People have been voting for "free" shit or a patronage job in this country long before any Civil Rights Acts were ever dreamed of.
    So you're saying the "handouts" started with the New Deal?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

2 cents

It's simplistic to say that blacks vote only for free shit, and many of the blacks that still stay loyal to the Rat party today aren't getting any "free" shit they are paying for the "free" shit. But it's undeniable to look at the black vote and not to admit that a lot of allegiance to the Rat party was purchased with the promise of "free" shit. In the 1930s there was absolutely no reason for a black person to support the Rat party. But through the Northern Rat party political machines with the assistance of FDR the Rats were able to start prying away a sizable number of black voters with the promise of "free" shit.

I really believe that what keeps many black voter loyal to the Rat party today is force of habit and community, family and social pressure. The same is true for many American Jews. The number of black people I know personally who live and earn like Episcopalians but still vote like Puerto Ricans is very similar to Jewish Americans.

If you were to talk to members of my wife's family most of them sound like hard core conservatives when it comes to Social issues, crime and punishment, trust in Government, they just don't vote that way.
    Agree. Hispanics tend to be more conservative and catholic as well
  • Options

SFGbob said:

2 cents

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! The Dems think they're a lock. Don't ruin the surprise.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sweet Geezus did you read what I said? Tammany Hall and other big city political machines and political patronage and "charity" in return for votes all pre-date the New Deal by over 75 years.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

2 cents

You look at the numbers and it becomes pretty apparent the whole "Hispanics are natural Republicans" mantra is mostly a myth. They aren't as monolithic in their voting as blacks but they still skew heavily to the left.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sweet Geezus did you read what I said? Tammany Hall and other big city political machines and political patronage and "charity" in return for votes all pre-date the New Deal by over 75 years.
    Honest Answer? Of course not. I never do.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Honest Answer? Of course not. I never do.
    Love the honesty.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2 cents

You look at the numbers and it becomes pretty apparent the whole "Hispanics are natural Republicans" mantra is mostly a myth. They aren't as monolithic in their voting as blacks but they still skew heavily to the left.
    I don't know about natural Republicans but I know what you're saying. The never Trump crowd thinks amnesty is the ticket

Citizens tend to be more conservative. The Lt Governor of Texas said he and the governor got 50% by not pandering about open borders but by talking about abortion jobs and border security

The whole idea of voting by race or creed is crazy anyway.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

When do we start talking about how many black people we know?
    We?
    I guess I should have said Bend. I thought I was making a killer joke but it only took him 10 more posts.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Of course Black voters are complex and diverse in thought.

Wrong. Any black folk who vote against the Dems are race traitors and voting against their own interest

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Of course Black voters are complex and diverse in thought.

Wrong. Any black folk who vote against the Dems are race traitors and voting against their own interest

Always about the blacks.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,267
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    "Unattractive & never married older white liberal women?"

Winner, winner - chicken dinner. (Not fried chicken, that would be racist.)