Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well, bye... (Relocating from the PNW Thread)

Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited February 2020 in Tug Tavern
I went on a walk with one of my friends this weekend and the subject of moving came up. We both are getting pretty fed up with the Seattle area. It’s chinteresting that I’ve had multiple people in the past month express the same views.

If you had to relocate (time, money, job not being a problem), where would you go?

Comments

• PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    Idaho

Least restrictive hunting laws in the country I believe

Scottsdale Arizona is pretty nice too, but the heat in the summer gets to be a little crazy.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2020
    Not sure I'd leave the PNW just to escape Seattle, but Palm Springs or the Carmel Valley would be nice. Santa Fe also.

Idaho

How many liberals do they let you take?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Idaho

Scottsdale Arizona is pretty nice too, but the heat in the summer gets to be a little crazy.

Idaho is high on my list. I really enjoyed Scottsdale, but I can’t handle hot climates.

HHusky said:

Not sure I'd leave the PNW just to escape Seattle, but Palm Springs or the Carmel Valley would be nice. Santa Fe also.

I have thought about Spokane actually, which is hilarious because 1) I was born there and 2) arrogant teenager DDJ swore never to return to Eastern WA.
    I like Spokane. But I think about Bellingham. You've still got the water and you can go either North or South for big city events when you want to.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I went on a walk with one of my friends this weekend and the subject of moving came up. We both are getting pretty fed up with the Seattle area. It’s chinteresting that I’ve had multiple people in the past month express the same views.

If you had to relocate (time, money, job not being a problem), where would you go?

Plenty of open space and plots for sale near the G&R Compound.

Panama or Costa Rica in the winter. North Idaho or Western Montana in the summer.

Panama or Costa Rica in the winter. North Idaho or Western Montana in the summer.

The dark and the gray from November into February I'd be happy to skip. The PNW is a pretty nice place to be the rest of the year.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,730
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Thailand. Specifically the southern tip of Phuket.

#nevercomeback
    HHusky said:

The dark and the gray from November the middle of October into February August I'd be happy to skip. The PNW is a pretty nice place to be the rest of the year.
    FTFY.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    Summer is from July 5th to the day before Labor Day
    edited February 2020

Summer is from July 5th to the day before Labor Day

Well, for Western Washington Summer is from 5th of July into September. True.

The PNW is beautiful in the Fall and Spring. The PNW is a lot more than Western Washington.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Sacramento because we're like an hour away from a bunch of places you actually want to be.

It's like living in purgatory with high upside.

Where in Sac?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    Founders Club
    Outskirts of Bend/Sisters?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    Miami.

Or Boston.