Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If I like my nuclear family, may I keep it?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,216
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The family isn't dead. Its the number one way that Asian immigrants out perform even citizens in gaining wealth

We? are selfish - I'm guilty of that. That's why I didn't want kids. When I got some pre grown ones I golfed all weekend. I sucked but my son thinks I was great simply because I set a good example about hard work and consistent effort. He is a success.

Long live the family. Fuck the state

There is no ideal family nor are there family values. That is political sloganeering. Do the best you can. Don't have kids if you can't put them first.

Adopt a shelter dog instead

You know who's not homeless? Immigrants. Legal or illegal. They tend to have a pretty extensive support network.
    If you don't alienate all of your friends and/or family, odds are you can stay on the couch until you get back on your feet.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Umm... Damone has been right on this topic for several years. It's obvious. The leftists wants to pretend it's not a problem because it forces people to take personal responsibility and not claim they are victims of oppression. There is no money in that and it weakens their power.

How would you repair the nuclear family at this point? Seems like things are so far gone for pours even if we could fix disincentives in welfare state.
    At a very minimum at least stop rewarding people for for having kids they can't support. Offer incentives for families to stay intact be incentives to spilt apart. Refuse to make able body people comfortable in poverty.

But you're right, we are probably to far gone and there is now a whole industry built around keeping people in victim status and woke people cheering it on.
    This. This. Fucking this.

Your average Joe would be SHOCKED at the amount of public and private resources spent providing for the 'less fortunate'.

It is a scam of epic proportions.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,216
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The family isn't dead. Its the number one way that Asian immigrants out perform even citizens in gaining wealth

We? are selfish - I'm guilty of that. That's why I didn't want kids. When I got some pre grown ones I golfed all weekend. I sucked but my son thinks I was great simply because I set a good example about hard work and consistent effort. He is a success.

There is no ideal family nor are there family values. That is political sloganeering. Do the best you can. Don't have kids if you can't put them first.

You know who's not homeless? Immigrants. Legal or illegal. They tend to have a pretty extensive support network.
    Imagine being such a shit bag IRL that you can't find shelter with one friend or family member until you can get back on your feet. It's not a cost of living issue.
  • Options

Except that some family structure yield better outcomes than others. Family is dead for large swaths of American society. The State has been part of the problem.

Gosh maybe we should encourage the ones that work better? Too radical?
    According to my kid's kindergarten class, yes, this is too radical. We're supposed to support disruption of western values.
    You are obviously an engaged parent ready to counteract the transition surgery of lil Yellow. That's like #1 on the hit parade. Requires time and effort.

Almost 25 years ago my Black friend told me about how his second grader came home and told him that the teacher told the class they couldn't be spanked anymore. So of course he gave her a spanking and said tell your teacher to come see me if she has a problem

Today the teacher probably would call the cops.

People disagree on spanking and abuse is of course WRONG and teachers should be on the lookout for signs but not interfere to that level.

I was spanked and my wife was tuff on the boy but he ended up THANKFUL for it. I'm glad she wan't my mom. I thought the wooden spoon was bad

Kids need discipline. And love.
    I put the fear of god in the kids all the time. The kids have been present when I talk to the teachers about their progressive nonsense. Shit...a few weeks ago I had to chat with the teacher because lil' Yella blurted out in class "My daddy doesn't like Black Lives Matter".

Unless she looked like the gal in Hot For Teacher, fuck her.

• Options

Except that some family structure yield better outcomes than others. Family is dead for large swaths of American society. The State has been part of the problem.

According to my kid's kindergarten class, yes, this is too radical. We're supposed to support disruption of western values.
    You are obviously an engaged parent ready to counteract the transition surgery of lil Yellow. That's like #1 on the hit parade. Requires time and effort.

Almost 25 years ago my Black friend told me about how his second grader came home and told him that the teacher told the class they couldn't be spanked anymore. So of course he gave her a spanking and said tell your teacher to come see me if she has a problem

People disagree on spanking and abuse is of course WRONG and teachers should be on the lookout for signs but not interfere to that level.

I was spanked and my wife was tuff on the boy but he ended up THANKFUL for it. I'm glad she wan't my mom. I thought the wooden spoon was bad

One of the Throbber's two moms applied the wooden spoon religiously until she broke one on my ass and the Throbber laughed. Not good.

Then she switched to hot wheels tracks. Those motherfuckers HURT.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,196
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine being such a shit bag IRL that you can't find shelter with one friend or family member until you can get back on your feet. It's not a cost of living issue.
    In my look into the abyss it was family that made the difference with some well placed rent money. All paid back with interest. Just in case
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

In my look into the abyss it was family that made the difference with some well placed rent money. All paid back with interest. Just in case
    My pops helped me in a jam when I was starting out. I have done the same with mine. Also all paid back. But we are privileged because of lack of pigment and shit.

I was actually shocked to hear having a dad around was white privilege. JFC.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,678
    Swaye's Wigwam

One of the Throbber's two moms applied the wooden spoon religiously until she broke one on my ass and the Throbber laughed. Not good.

Then she switched to hot wheels tracks. Those motherfuckers HURT.
    Samesies. Spatula broke on my butt, I headed downstairs giggling. Important safety tip, don't chuckle when the mom of five sons is having a moment.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,678
    Swaye's Wigwam

My pops helped me in a jam when I was starting out. I have done the same with mine. Also all paid back. But we are privileged because of lack of pigment and shit.

I was actually shocked to hear having a dad around was white privilege. JFC.
    I was signing up for classes and didn't know about a $75 fee that had to be paid on the spot or my registration wasn't valid. My dad had three heart attacks by then and had been out of work for a year. He pulled the last $75 from his wallet and said "Don't tell you mom". Years later when I got my first job requiring an expense account, he helped me establish some credit by adding me to his AMEX that I still have today. He stopped charging on it when he realized I had switched the billing to my place so he couldn't pay.

Miss that guy.

If white privilege is doing everything you can so your son can be the first in the family to finish college, then spoon me up some more of that.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Umm... Damone has been right on this topic for several years. It's obvious. The leftists wants to pretend it's not a problem because it forces people to take personal responsibility and not claim they are victims of oppression. There is no money in that and it weakens their power.

Moreover, it makes people replace the family unit with the state. Stateists of all stripes want people to think of the government as their benefactor first. Religion, family, etc. is all antithetical to that view.
    A few weeks ago a kid sold bracelets to raise money to pay lunch debts for classmates. It was a feel good story about how kind this kid is. The comments were a lot of "all school lunches should be free". I disagreed. That simply teaches that the state provides your basic needs and the parents have no responsibility to even feed there kids. Of course I'm the asshole because "they are kids!" and people can't afford it. Bullshit. They can afford it. It takes a bit of effort to make a lunch. It can be done for a $1.50 and 10 minutes of prep. But why should they since the state will do it and they can get a few more minutes of sleep and have money for weed?
    It takes .25 or less to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which will get any kid through the fucking school day. IDC how pours you are, you can make your kid a fucking sandwich unless you have to sleep in, in which case don't have kids.
    6 year old little yella won't eat anything but PB n J for school lunch. I get up each morning at 645AM. #dryjanuary Mon - Thursday nights and no smoking tweeds except on speshial occasions. It's hard.
    We pay our daycare for lunch. Doog_bot_2.0 eats according to their schedule and whatever crazy government mandated licensing requirements they have to abide by. Probably something that increases nutrition by zero percent. That said, it's efficient delegation of the task in the name of economic specialization.
    Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying you HAVE to make your kid's lunch to be a good parent. That would be needless moralizing. What I am saying is don't give me this shit that my property taxes have to go up just a smidge to finance a bigger free lunch for the pours. I don't mind paying into a fund, call in whatever you wish, to help reduce the brutality of existence for those who truly can't help themselves. But if you're focused enough to carry a kid for 9 mos. you're focused enough to work and make the kid something to eat. Period. I'm for public shaming on this issue: kid comes to school chronically underfed? Shame the fuck out of mom and dad (if there be one). As I said, PB&J for a quartuh, if that. It's just lazy ass fucking people who want the rest of us to pay their way.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Yep. But, but reasonable amounts!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Moreover, it makes people replace the family unit with the state. Stateists of all stripes want people to think of the government as their benefactor first. Religion, family, etc. is all antithetical to that view.
    A few weeks ago a kid sold bracelets to raise money to pay lunch debts for classmates. It was a feel good story about how kind this kid is. The comments were a lot of "all school lunches should be free". I disagreed. That simply teaches that the state provides your basic needs and the parents have no responsibility to even feed there kids. Of course I'm the asshole because "they are kids!" and people can't afford it. Bullshit. They can afford it. It takes a bit of effort to make a lunch. It can be done for a $1.50 and 10 minutes of prep. But why should they since the state will do it and they can get a few more minutes of sleep and have money for weed?
    It takes .25 or less to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which will get any kid through the fucking school day. IDC how pours you are, you can make your kid a fucking sandwich unless you have to sleep in, in which case don't have kids.
    6 year old little yella won't eat anything but PB n J for school lunch. I get up each morning at 645AM. #dryjanuary Mon - Thursday nights and no smoking tweeds except on speshial occasions. It's hard.
    We pay our daycare for lunch. Doog_bot_2.0 eats according to their schedule and whatever crazy government mandated licensing requirements they have to abide by. Probably something that increases nutrition by zero percent. That said, it's efficient delegation of the task in the name of economic specialization.
    Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying you HAVE to make your kid's lunch to be a good parent. That would be needless moralizing. What I am saying is don't give me this shit that my property taxes have to go up just a smidge to finance a bigger free lunch for the pours. I don't mind paying into a fund, call in whatever you wish, to help reduce the brutality of existence for those who truly can't help themselves. But if you're focused enough to carry a kid for 9 mos. you're focused enough to work and make the kid something to eat. Period. I'm for public shaming on this issue: kid comes to school chronically underfed? Shame the fuck out of mom and dad (if there be one). As I said, PB&J for a quartuh, if that. It's just lazy ass fucking people who want the rest of us to pay their way.
    Pay for it, make it whatever.

For those who are truly poor there is already free and reduced lunch. The ones running up a debt have the money, they just chose to spend it elsewhere.

• Options

Let them beat kids up for their lunch money the way the Throbber had to survive.

Survival of the fittest.

#playgrounddarwinism

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    the school systems are the ones that have effed up our? normal family home.
    They implemented feeding the poor kids, and the rich kids decided they could afford to pay for lunches, then the ones that brought their lunch were embarrassed about not eating what all the other kids were eating.

One of my daughters had 15 - 20 lunches hidden in a drawer and was scrounging/borrowing money to buy lunch so she wasn't embarrassed. Had to make a deal with her as she was older than the other sibs and I didn't want her screwing them up. She did work off the debt.

Then shortly after that the younger sibs were bringing home school questionnaires about home life. Did anyone smoke, drink, argue, etc.
    I refused to let them fill them out.

Check out John Dewey and his philosophy on education and teaching
    Here is one of many articles
    https://www.iwp.edu/articles/2018/02/01/the-tragedy-of-american-education-the-role-of-john-dewey/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    First year my kids were in school under my roof they came home with free lunch paperwork. I tore it up in front of them.

And they were THANKFUL for it
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,464
    Founders Club

When you left HH with no communication I thought it was because you were disillusioned with Sark. LOL
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

When you left HH with no communication I thought it was because you were disillusioned with Sark. LOL
    I was so poor I couldn't even pretend to be rich