Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jabez Tinae, 2021 4* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Petersen his own fucking self admitted he quit before last season, he and the whole team sleepwalked through the season, probably Manu and Baccelia/Fuller were the result of some fucking smooth brain mind rot philosophical fuckery about "doing things the right way"/OKG bullshit as he made his glorious exit asserting he's above big time college football on the way out.

Motherfucker got confused about what his job was, but at least he had the decency to recognize it and got the fuck out. I have lots of respect for him as a decent human, I liked winning the right way, but ultimately I just want to fucking win, and Pete looked deep in his soul and knew he didn't have killer instinct. You're a fucking simpleton of extraordinary magnitude if you're of the mind we'd be better off now if he'd stuck around, when he himself knew that's not the case. Get busy winning, or get busy losing.

Please point to me where he admitted he quit before the season.
    If it wasn't explicitly stated, it was at least subtextual to me, and it might be groupthink from on here; but, he definitely explicitly said he was unnerved by how he felt at the Rose Bowl, that he should have enjoyed it more. To me, that's tantamount to admitting your heart isn't in it, there probably shouldn't be anything more special to a California boy of his vintage.

I'm forever thankful to him for what he gave us while he was here, that we did things the right way, that we won a lot, he left the cupboard full, and probably as much as anything, calling it quits when he could have continued to cash the checks and coast on reputation for probably another 8-10 years, knowing he was no longer the right man for the job.
    He knew his system is flawed at the power 5 level and refused to change anything even though rival coaches did and embraced what it takes to win at this level and get fans and players jacked up.

For someone in a major leadership role that is quitting in action. And teams show it on the field if the HC isn't getting in their ass whether positive or negative about the fact that they went from conference champs to a 4-5 team that shrivel dicks at the end of games.
    He made plenty on changes during his tenure and just because we underachieved last year doesn’t take away how he built this program up. But your entitled to your opinion.
    We underachieved all 6 years from one to six
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Petersen his own fucking self admitted he quit before last season, he and the whole team sleepwalked through the season, probably Manu and Baccelia/Fuller were the result of some fucking smooth brain mind rot philosophical fuckery about "doing things the right way"/OKG bullshit as he made his glorious exit asserting he's above big time college football on the way out.

Motherfucker got confused about what his job was, but at least he had the decency to recognize it and got the fuck out. I have lots of respect for him as a decent human, I liked winning the right way, but ultimately I just want to fucking win, and Pete looked deep in his soul and knew he didn't have killer instinct. You're a fucking simpleton of extraordinary magnitude if you're of the mind we'd be better off now if he'd stuck around, when he himself knew that's not the case. Get busy winning, or get busy losing.

If it wasn't explicitly stated, it was at least subtextual to me, and it might be groupthink from on here; but, he definitely explicitly said he was unnerved by how he felt at the Rose Bowl, that he should have enjoyed it more. To me, that's tantamount to admitting your heart isn't in it, there probably shouldn't be anything more special to a California boy of his vintage.

I'm forever thankful to him for what he gave us while he was here, that we did things the right way, that we won a lot, he left the cupboard full, and probably as much as anything, calling it quits when he could have continued to cash the checks and coast on reputation for probably another 8-10 years, knowing he was no longer the right man for the job.
    He knew his system is flawed at the power 5 level and refused to change anything even though rival coaches did and embraced what it takes to win at this level and get fans and players jacked up.

For someone in a major leadership role that is quitting in action. And teams show it on the field if the HC isn't getting in their ass whether positive or negative about the fact that they went from conference champs to a 4-5 team that shrivel dicks at the end of games.
    He made plenty on changes during his tenure and just because we underachieved last year doesn’t take away how he built this program up. But your entitled to your opinion.
    I don't think Emoterman is saying Pete didn't work his ass off, trying to win and cultivate a culture of excellence for the dudes on and off the field.

But don't you think the team mirrored Petersen's rigidity and "wound-up-ness" and played tight against Stanford and Colorado especially? How do you explain playing like alphas against USC and BYU and the Cuog (and Whoregon for three quarters) and then looking like you don't even want to compete against Stanford and Colorado?
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2020

Beno4Life said:

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

I don't think Emoterman is saying Pete didn't work his ass off, trying to win and cultivate a culture of excellence for the dudes on and off the field.

But don't you think the team mirrored Petersen's rigidity and "wound-up-ness" and played tight against Stanford and Colorado especially? How do you explain playing like alphas against USC and BYU and the Cuog (and Whoregon for three quarters) and then looking like you don't even want to compete against Stanford and Colorado?
    I definitely think we lacked leadership from upperclassmen but I also think we sucked on offense and took a step back on defense. When coming up with reasons as far as why we sucked last year it would be

1. Playing underachieving seniors over young talent
    2. Our OC play calling and offensive scheme
    3. Culture
    Not to nit-pick but 1 seem part of 3. Besides when Pete first started out and played the freshmen, I think he preferred trusting upperclassmen to a fault.

But our senior leadership sucked ass last year. I really missed the Kevin Kings and Darrell Daniels types.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pete refused to adapt his shitty offensive system. End of discussion

And his players followed his lead on quitting
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Disagree if you look at 2014 and 2015 seasons. He built the program up better than Sark which isn't very impressive. Giving Bynun, Puka, and Spiker spot reps after the season is over is not really changing anything.

Also disagree that the defense took a step back. Considering that we have graduated the whole defense ~2-3 times during the Pete tenure and had it dominating by the end of the season this year I still don't get why people focus on that or one position coach instead of an entire side of the ball that lost us all 5 games.

In 2020 your offense has to spot your defense at times. Like every fucking blue blood with a better defense than us has had to do it even.

It's funny how much we're supposed to appreciate Petersen but I guarantee if you get Shaw and even Meat to be honest about it they would claim they could achieve a lot more at UW. They had Pete and his numerous flaws dialed in and don't have the loser 'it's hard you can't expect us to score 17+ points in Tempe' mentality.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

"we want Bama. we're going to beat Bama." - Race Bannon just prior to the 2017 Peach Bowel
    The sad part is that had we kept Joe and Azeem healthy all season we likely would have played even better defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

"we want Bama. we're going to beat Bama." - Race Bannon just prior to the 2017 Peach Bowel
    And?
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When is Eklund going to change his CB to a hard BBC 10 incher
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Disagree if you look at 2014 and 2015 seasons. He built the program up better than Sark which isn't very impressive. Giving Bynun, Puka, and Spiker spot reps after the season is over is not really changing anything.

Also disagree that the defense took a step back. Considering that we have graduated the whole defense ~2-3 times during the Pete tenure and had it dominating by the end of the season this year I still don't get why people focus on that or one position coach instead of an entire side of the ball that lost us all 5 games.

In 2020 your offense has to spot your defense at times. Like every fucking blue blood with a better defense than us has had to do it even.

It's funny how much we're supposed to appreciate Petersen but I guarantee if you get Shaw and even Meat to be honest about it they would claim they could achieve a lot more at UW. They had Pete and his numerous flaws dialed in and don't have the loser 'it's hard you can't expect us to score 17+ points in Tempe' mentality.
    This thread has a deceptive title and I forgot, again, not to click on it.

I dont see why it's so hard to acknowledge Petersen's failings and downsides along with his accomplishments without denying one or the other or acting like one erased the other. I guess that position is too nuanced for this board or maybe it's just these tims.
    So you expect us to act like level headed adults?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Coach Pete agrees with me he isn't the right man for the UW head football coach job beyond the 2019 season. QED we are better with almost ANYONE else as our coach this season.

Whether or not Lake is the guy remains to be seen, and as an avowed loather of John Don and denizen of this smoothly-swiveling-teen-boi-hips message bored, I'd say the signs are... not good. But, still, Bertrand Russell, Coach Pete, and I agree that Jim Lake(bright) is a better man for the job than Coach Pete.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

This thread has a deceptive title and I forgot, again, not to click on it.

I dont see why it's so hard to acknowledge Petersen's failings and downsides along with his accomplishments without denying one or the other or acting like one erased the other. I guess that position is too nuanced for this board or maybe it's just these tims.
    So you expect us to act like level headed adults?
    Here I am again. Jesus.

No, I expect nothing, especially not level headedness. I cant even decide if i want that.
  • Options
    HuskyPatrolHuskyPatrol Member Posts: 7
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    Found this scouting report about him, not the fastest guy but good all around.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/jabez-tinae-scouting-report/