Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jabez Tinae, 2021 4* WR, Burien (Kennedy Catholic), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    Chin stays because he has given us chincredible
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I feel like while Alexander might have slightly higher potential, he’s more in line with receivers we’ve gotten in recent cycles and is a step behind them. Tinae has a different skill set that would make that room a little more diverse.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Solid rant but didn’t Puka get hurt? Blacked out most of the season but I thought I remembered that.

Thank you. I try for hardcore husky.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I could see Chin transfer to somewhere where he can get some snaps ... not sure where he is at from a graduating standpoint

I wouldn’t be shocked if Jones walked as a senior this year ... I’ve heard some things that suggest he is playing more school than football (nothing wrong with that per se)

The depth chart will be wide open now that we’ve hopefully moved on from the seniority BS

What seniority bullshit are you talking about? Apart from the obvious misuse of WRs (opera singer in particular), there is absolutely no consistent pattern in not playing talented youngsters because of seniority. Even last year at WR position, Puka played as a true freshman. People spew nonsense without thinking or looking at the evidence. You might blame Pete for the offensive scheme which prevented young guys to excel early, but there was ZERO evidence that Pete makes personnel decision (other than QB of course) in position groups.
    If you can't tell that the Seniors got a massive leash at the WR position last year for whatever reason, I can't help you.

I have also had that opinion more or less confirmed in different conversations in different circles from people that may know a thing or two about the subject
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

Tequilla said:

I could see Chin transfer to somewhere where he can get some snaps ... not sure where he is at from a graduating standpoint

I wouldn’t be shocked if Jones walked as a senior this year ... I’ve heard some things that suggest he is playing more school than football (nothing wrong with that per se)

The depth chart will be wide open now that we’ve hopefully moved on from the seniority BS

What seniority bullshit are you talking about? Apart from the obvious misuse of WRs (opera singer in particular), there is absolutely no consistent pattern in not playing talented youngsters because of seniority. Even last year at WR position, Puka played as a true freshman. People spew nonsense without thinking or looking at the evidence. You might blame Pete for the offensive scheme which prevented young guys to excel early, but there was ZERO evidence that Pete makes personnel decision (other than QB of course) in position groups.
    You mean like Puku going in for one play ... getting a touchdown and notifying the football world that he's going to be a problem ... and then disappearing for almost the rest of the season?

That Puka?

all the while opera singer gets targeted 300x a game:

- can't break tackles
    - can't get open
    - can't run routes without being swallowed up
    - when he fucks up, smiles like he's playing a video game and is not taking life seriously ...

dude, I think you haven't been paying attention.

"no consistent pattern"?

That's fucking it.

No consistent pattern of good decision making or playcalling from bushyballs, if you remember, was the fucking OC ...

same with Peterman, if you remember, was the fucking Head Coach! Isn't he the fucking CEO? If shit is going down badly ... see Stanford game etc ...shouldn't he step in a get positive shit done!? Yeah, that guy.

The same guy from the sidelines seeing Opera Singer fuck it up over and over again. The same guy who saw Puka do a kick ass play once never to be seen again until late in the season when even the special needs kids from the local YMCA were screaming at the television to get fucking Opera out of the game and play the young talent ...

Jesus Christ.
    Are we talking about the same shit? I can see you are pissed by the CONSISTENT misuse of WRs last season and SO WAS I as I though my post made it abundantly clear.

But it should be clear that I was talking about "seniority bullshit" -- that Peterman consistently plays seniors over young guys, that was what the original post was talking about unless you are talking about Peterman only does this to WRs (but even there Puka, Aaron Fullwer all played as freshmen): Brownsox played as starting QR as a freshman ever in UW history, Nick Harris, Trey Adams started as true freshmen on offensive line, Myles Gaskin etc. Then there is the defensive side I don't think I even need to bother to list names. But all this is pointless because I believe Peter's words that he was not involved much in game day selection of positional groups over your fucking stupid baseless opinion that somehow he decided Puka play one series and then sit down the next. How the fuck you think Peterman has that kind of capacity to do this to each position group is beyond me.

But obviously I am wasting my time trying to argue with you seeing that you don't have any fucking logical sense, blast away since that's the only thing your little brain is good at.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Tequilla said:

You mean like Puku going in for one play ... getting a touchdown and notifying the football world that he's going to be a problem ... and then disappearing for almost the rest of the season?

That Puka?

- can't break tackles
    - can't get open
    - when he fucks up, smiles like he's playing a video game and is not taking life seriously ...

"no consistent pattern"?

That's fucking it.

No consistent pattern of good decision making or playcalling from bushyballs, if you remember, was the fucking OC ...

same with Peterman, if you remember, was the fucking Head Coach! Isn't he the fucking CEO? If shit is going down badly ... see Stanford game etc ...shouldn't he step in a get positive shit done!? Yeah, that guy.

The same guy from the sidelines seeing Opera Singer fuck it up over and over again. The same guy who saw Puka do a kick ass play once never to be seen again until late in the season when even the special needs kids from the local YMCA were screaming at the television to get fucking Opera out of the game and play the young talent ...

Jesus Christ.
    Are we talking about the same shit? I can see you are pissed by the CONSISTENT misuse of WRs last season and SO WAS I as I though my post made it abundantly clear.

But it should be clear that I was talking about "seniority bullshit" -- that Peterman consistently plays seniors over young guys, that was what the original post was talking about unless you are talking about Peterman only does this to WRs (but even there Puka, Aaron Fullwer all played as freshmen): Brownsox played as starting QR as a freshman ever in UW history, Nick Harris, Trey Adams started as true freshmen on offensive line, Myles Gaskin etc. Then there is the defensive side I don't think I even need to bother to list names. But all this is pointless because I believe Peter's words that he was not involved much in game day selection of positional groups over your fucking stupid baseless opinion that somehow he decided Puka play one series and then sit down the next. How the fuck you think Peterman has that kind of capacity to do this to each position group is beyond me.

But obviously I am wasting my time trying to argue with you seeing that you don't have any fucking logical sense, blast away since that's the only thing your little brain is good at.
    I made the young guys playing on offense argument here before. Even used many of the examples you made. It was brought up that Pete played his young guys over Sarks old guys. Once it was a team of Petes guys that trend seemed to slow down to a trickle on the offensive side of the ball. if you look at the last three years this plays out. On defense, best man plays. Offensively its hard to crack the two deeps. Your argument isn't wrong, it's just not entirely correct either.
    That's a really good point and one that I had not considered.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Y'know, part of the problem that Peterman had which contributed to his "retirement" so he can re-evaluate his

animate said:

Tequilla said:

That Puka?

- can't break tackles
    - can't get open

"no consistent pattern"?

That's fucking it.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah! What theknowledge said! Wrap you're little brain around that and chew on it ..... whooooo!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

It might be nice if Chin didn’t only come in to run a deep post or go route. He’s fast and has good ball skills. I didn’t love him but I never understood the full on hate that he completely sucked. He’s rail thin but I think he has some skills and I’m his limited time has shown good ball skills and hands to go along with his speed.
    I personally blame @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

It might be nice if Chin didn’t only come in to run a deep post or go route. He’s fast and has good ball skills. I didn’t love him but I never understood the full on hate that he completely sucked. He’s rail thin but I think he has some skills and I’m his limited time has shown good ball skills and hands to go along with his speed.
    The funny thing with Chin, in the few plays that he got, running the same route he actually looked pretty good... If it werent for several shitty Eason throws he would have likely been the offenses leading TD receiver.
    Our WRs sucked last year but Eason's shitty accuracy/vision seems to get a free pass
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

animate said:

Tequilla said:

That Puka?

- can't break tackles
    - can't get open

"no consistent pattern"?

That's fucking it.

Jesus Christ.

I made the young guys playing on offense argument here before. Even used many of the examples you made. It was brought up that Pete played his young guys over Sarks old guys. Once it was a team of Petes guys that trend seemed to slow down to a trickle on the offensive side of the ball. if you look at the last three years this plays out. On defense, best man plays. Offensively its hard to crack the two deeps. Your argument isn't wrong, it's just not entirely correct either.
    That is a good point. I just don't think it is a philosophical thing of not playing young players. On the other hand, I am 100% certain play by play decision of who to play or not on all position groups are made by position coaches for obvious reasons. How could anyone think Peterman being a head coach even has the capacity to think about individual players coming in/out of game is beyond me -- but that is either explicitly or implicitly implied by a lot of the posters here regarding Puka's (and Opera's) playing time.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

animate said:

Tequilla said:

That Puka?

- can't break tackles
    - can't get open

"no consistent pattern"?

That's fucking it.

Jesus Christ.

That is a good point. I just don't think it is a philosophical thing of not playing young players. On the other hand, I am 100% certain play by play decision of who to play or not on all position groups are made by position coaches for obvious reasons. How could anyone think Peterman being a head coach even has the capacity to think about individual players coming in/out of game is beyond me -- but that is either explicitly or implicitly implied by a lot of the posters here regarding Puka's (and Opera's) playing time.
    That's where you need to start thinking with your shit brain as you've said before.

- Peterman is loathe to compromise his own "process" and okg philosophy because he married both merit plus development and faith/loyalty to his players and recruits.
    - that means he doesn't want players to jump the queue unless there's no other choice and even then he'll beat a dead horse over and over again. See opera singer for example.
    - this faithful adherence to his program philosophy allows him to have relatively low levels of chaos and turmoil in his program which he can also sell to administration and the families hence the fast/slow strategy concept put forth from Pepsi and Dennis
    - this also sells the program in terms of combine invites and NFL draft picks because of development and time out forth from the player into the program following the okg/built for life shit

If Peterman were to move pieces around and be more ruthless like many here wanted him to be he would be directly attacking the process that he prides himself in.

If Peterman were to be more ruthless then he would be "like all the other coaches" and he doesn't want to be.

You know "this program ain't for everyone"mantra.

Read: "if you buy into the program 100% then you will get a great education and develop as a player etc ..."

But all this is a smokescreen as we saw this past year. When shit is going wrong people say stuff like "oh, Peterman allows autonomy with all his coaches to call the shots etc ... " playing time and rotations and all that shit...

Is Peterman blind enough to see 8-5? He sees it but he's loyal to a fault to his players, program and coaches. Hence the linebacker debacle and offensive incompetence.

That's why he's taking a break because at the highest levels it's a balancing act between football ruthlessness and honor (and money/facilities/winning) and he got burnt out.

Hopefully Jimmy no balls has a bit more ruthlessness with enough honor to keep the program moving forward
    I think you're right for the most part on all that and Petersen basically was doing what is best for the kids (and their families) with the proof obviously being in the combine invites, NFL draft #s, and graduation rates. Problem is, and likely why Petersen bailed, is because CFB is really nothing about educating and developing kids AND still being able to compete for championships. He was never going to be able to advocate for teh kids and get credit for it because he can't win enough as expected. It's just the reality of the current state of CFB and getting worse. Between ~10 teams that will do anything and everything to get the top recruits with impugnity and the national media's obsession with figuring out how to get those 10 teams into the playoffs there is almost no margin for error for a non-brand name team or a coach who thinks he can utilize a 4-5 year process.