Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Signing zero (0!) scholarship DLs in an entire class is a special kind of extreme incompetence

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

Went to the signing day thingy last night. A couple takes.

Milloe spoke, even though he signed no one. Talked about the redshirt freshman, their potential and the recruitment of Levi as being the most important commit for next year. Said that only a few players actually graded out for an offer this year. He did not mention that he struck out on all those guys. Pretty much promised next years DL class would be special and full of Dwags. As a side note for Milloe, PooPoo signed no one last year and sat in a chair at the back of the room and tried to disappear so props for getting up in front of the crowd and giving a speech.

Donavan looked nervous and was not the most eloquent speaker. Seems like he might be more comfortable in front of a white board than a crowd. I was hoping for more personality. Talked with one arm pinned under his armpit as he spoke. Deep sigh.

Lake said that we should teen boy stalk. Tweet at recruits. Like their posts. He actually said it helps. When I got home I rushed to tweet the 2021 targets how cool UW is. Spring game will have a ton of big time recruits. I'll be at the game because I want to see the offense try to score. I fear that because our fan base sucks ass the turnout will be embarrassingly underwhelming though. Oregon will draw more fans without trying because they beat us at everything. Lake also spoke to the fact that he loves his wife and that she cooks for him, cleans for him, does his laundry and takes care of him. I'm guessing next year he takes a different tact when praising his live in servant. It was cringe worthy.

Huff fucks. Not sure if he can coach but that dude fucks. He seems to be a cool guy and a natural speaker. The offensive line class is amazing, just like we knew.

Junior said he recruits guys to take PT away from the returning players. He wants them all to play from day one. Seemed like he was kinda disclaiming last years player rotation without disclaiming last years player rotation. I think we will see the talent shine next year, just the feeling I got.

Cato seemed nervous. He seems pretty young and has a southern drawl. Hopefully he does a better job in front of teenagers than he did in front of a crowd of rich, old white people.

Boner talked up Sunday and spoke a little about Adams. I think he knows that Adams won't be in his room for long. He also hit my daughters up for their phone numbers.

Bob needs to go. Even my buddy who gives the program a lot of slack said that Bob was the coach that gave off the strangest energy. He wondered how the guy could recruit or connect to anybody. He made Kwat seem eloquent.

Lolohea stood on stage next to Mauro. If Miles is 6'2" 312 then Jordan is 6'1" 270. At least. His film was introduced by PK but he's not 242 anymore. Bowman plays at 6' 275 so I guess JL could still be an edge guy but my guess is that he eventually goes the Benning route and ends up inside.

Speaking of Mauro, he said he came here to play and expects to start against Michigan.

Overall, it was a pretty decent event. They moved the whole thing back to Hec Ed. It was probably the best one they put on since the Boise guys showed up. They lowered the Jumbotron and showed the highlights on it. It was similar to the events the Sark staff put on only run by adults. There was also no exclamations by staff members that 6'6" lumps of poo would be first round draft picks. So that was good.

I am poor and hate my money. I go to these things every year. I tell myself in September that I will probably skip this year and then by the time Jan 1 comes around I hit up my buddy and we buy tickets again.

So Jimmy hired two new coaches, and they were both shitting themselves over having to talk for a few minutes to a room full of old losers who have nothing better to do than attend a football signing day event (no offense).

And that's on top of retaining both the lazy pervert and the incompetent old fuck who gives off serial killer vibes. Promising!
    Aren't alot of the old losers boosters that have sway over their careers?

I wrote out a comment saying it doesn't matter if they're nervous in front of a crowd but I guess after thinking about it for a second it is a big part of their job
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Only 7 of the Top 50 DTs were in the P12 geographical footprint ... only 1 4-star

It was a shit year on the West Coast

The ante for 2021 is raised obviously

Vea and Gaines were both 3 stars.

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

- Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

Only 7 of the Top 50 DTs were in the P12 geographical footprint ... only 1 4-star

- Wayne Gretzky
    I get it

Taking Malloe at his word there were few that passed the cut this year

Fair to criticize getting blown out for those we offered

I’m not really a fan though of taking a warm body for the sake of a warm body
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    not worried this next year is a BUMPER (BUFFER?) CROP!!!1!!1!

also the DDY cult has always sucked off Malloe so why would anyone ever be worried dude is never wrong

:)
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

- Wayne Gretzky
    I get it

Taking Malloe at his word there were few that passed the cut this year

Fair to criticize getting blown out for those we offered

I’m not really a fan though of taking a warm body for the sake of a warm body
    That's the thing...we did try to get bodies...we didn't get any...

Unfortunately, the lack of DL on the West Coast this year will be the norm for the future.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

It has now happened twice under Malloe.

Discuss.

I wonder what @Ballz would say?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Doogles said:

We won’t feel the 0 DL for awhile. Kind of like in 216, we didn’t really feel it until this past year. It’s not good, but we aren’t fucked from it.

Not good, but we're stacked with underclassmen. If their was a time to completely whiff it was this year.
    Ooof, never seen you with a take this doogish before.
    I knew it was a shit take but I had to take it. Can't believe Pete is gone with only Vegas hardware. The basketball team sucks. I have nowhere else to go.
    [nowhere else to go.gif]
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If ed oregeron asked Louisiana for support on Twitter it would be viewed as an alpha move and that hes adjusting to the times
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

If ed oregeron asked Louisiana for support on Twitter it would be viewed as an alpha move and that hes adjusting to the times

Because UW is LSU.

Hondo level football knowledge with this one.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bumper crop next year. No big deal. It’s about averages.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Thanks Kim!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

Went to the signing day thingy last night. A couple takes.

Milloe spoke, even though he signed no one. Talked about the redshirt freshman, their potential and the recruitment of Levi as being the most important commit for next year. Said that only a few players actually graded out for an offer this year. He did not mention that he struck out on all those guys. Pretty much promised next years DL class would be special and full of Dwags. As a side note for Milloe, PooPoo signed no one last year and sat in a chair at the back of the room and tried to disappear so props for getting up in front of the crowd and giving a speech.

Donavan looked nervous and was not the most eloquent speaker. Seems like he might be more comfortable in front of a white board than a crowd. I was hoping for more personality. Talked with one arm pinned under his armpit as he spoke. Deep sigh.

Lake said that we should teen boy stalk. Tweet at recruits. Like their posts. He actually said it helps. When I got home I rushed to tweet the 2021 targets how cool UW is. Spring game will have a ton of big time recruits. I'll be at the game because I want to see the offense try to score. I fear that because our fan base sucks ass the turnout will be embarrassingly underwhelming though. Oregon will draw more fans without trying because they beat us at everything. Lake also spoke to the fact that he loves his wife and that she cooks for him, cleans for him, does his laundry and takes care of him. I'm guessing next year he takes a different tact when praising his live in servant. It was cringe worthy.

Huff fucks. Not sure if he can coach but that dude fucks. He seems to be a cool guy and a natural speaker. The offensive line class is amazing, just like we knew.

Junior said he recruits guys to take PT away from the returning players. He wants them all to play from day one. Seemed like he was kinda disclaiming last years player rotation without disclaiming last years player rotation. I think we will see the talent shine next year, just the feeling I got.

Cato seemed nervous. He seems pretty young and has a southern drawl. Hopefully he does a better job in front of teenagers than he did in front of a crowd of rich, old white people.

Boner talked up Sunday and spoke a little about Adams. I think he knows that Adams won't be in his room for long. He also hit my daughters up for their phone numbers.

Bob needs to go. Even my buddy who gives the program a lot of slack said that Bob was the coach that gave off the strangest energy. He wondered how the guy could recruit or connect to anybody. He made Kwat seem eloquent.

Lolohea stood on stage next to Mauro. If Miles is 6'2" 312 then Jordan is 6'1" 270. At least. His film was introduced by PK but he's not 242 anymore. Bowman plays at 6' 275 so I guess JL could still be an edge guy but my guess is that he eventually goes the Benning route and ends up inside.

Speaking of Mauro, he said he came here to play and expects to start against Michigan.

Overall, it was a pretty decent event. They moved the whole thing back to Hec Ed. It was probably the best one they put on since the Boise guys showed up. They lowered the Jumbotron and showed the highlights on it. It was similar to the events the Sark staff put on only run by adults. There was also no exclamations by staff members that 6'6" lumps of poo would be first round draft picks. So that was good.

I am poor and hate my money. I go to these things every year. I tell myself in September that I will probably skip this year and then by the time Jan 1 comes around I hit up my buddy and we buy tickets again.

He fucked at the event? Odd