Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is happening to football?

We've all watched this game, we fell in love with it as kids and continued to enjoy it every Saturday (and for some Sunday) until now. Lately though, it's turned into a different game, one that has mirrored society. An ever growing wussifed society spearheaded by overbearing parents at the pop warner level, then high school, then college and the NFL. Political correctness has a sister, and that bitch has taken over football, mostly COLLEGE football, witth pro football a closs second. Actually, on any given weekend the order could change.

Some of those sisters now reside within the safe confines of HH, brainwashed and pussified by Kimmy and the mods @ doogman. Oh for heavens sake, Little Timmy might get a concussion. Well then, push little Timmy to play soccer with the rest of the sissies like Grinolds.

Siding with the NFL over a big hit or lack of a penalty for a non-call just shows the kind of new-fish, pussy-minded fans that watch football, and have no clue what it was like to see Jaime Fields crash down and take someones' head off. Well that would be too offensive for Boobie or Blazer to witness!

Well then, move over one field and watch the lady softballers play. Keep in mind though, those bitches can crush a catcher pretty bard at home plate. Is the runner supposed to lead with her shoulder?

Football has always been about hard nosed hitting, smashmouth running and athletic poetry. What would football be without Ronnie Lott's bone jarring hits on defensless receivers. Its what differentiates this game from others. Players like that kept receivers from going accross the middle. Now receivers can run freely knowing the worst that can happen is a two-handed push to the ground. The game has changed again (this time for the worst). The pussies like Boob and purplebaze are examples of the powers-that-be in charge of NFL and college football, who feel compelled to soften up this game to appease mommy's of little Johnny who dont want him to be exposed to hitting and violence. Football is violent, we cant have that in todays' society. Im so tiired of these limp wristed buttsniffs .

Purplebaze said that he thought the Steeler special teams player should have been ejected for his hit on Cincinnati's punter because it was "violent". What kind of football fan, or MAN for that matter, would say that? Purple, you are no different than those overbearing and overly protective mommies who think football is barbaric. You cunt!

It's really simple. If you think football is too physical then dont put your little cry baby kid in it. If fans like boob and purplebaze think the hitting is too physical, then dont watch it. Pac12 net airs 20hrs/day of girls soccer. Beware though, girls do kick each other in the shins and that could draw blood. Fuck I'm tired of it.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club
    First of all, I blame all the wussification on Obama's America.

Secondly, I didn't say he should have been ejected. I've seen cleaner hits get flagged. This hit was not all that clean. Look at where he put the crown of his helmet. I don't have a problem with hard hits, but when you're intentionally trying to hurt a player (a punter no less), then there should be consequences. He should save hits like those for players like Eddie Lacy or Marshawn Lynch. I'm sure they would return the favor.

Maybe you have personally taken a lot of blows to the head. You often post like someone whose brain has gotten rattled a few too many times.

Now, GFY and DIAFF.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Zip your hole purpie. You're one of the largest giners here. Dont cry, I mean it pleasel. Its ok. We still like you. We need your type around here for a diverse circle of posters. Derek's HR dept needs this to keep vanilla off his back.
    We need you too, PL_SS. You represent the mentally disabled quite well. I bet you do a great job bagging groceries at work and returning the carts from the parking lot. Keep up the good work.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    I was about to the fall into the other trap of CFB & NFL football right now: Legalism. I watched the video again and noted how the players bodies moved up & down vertically, thus changing the point of impact vis a vis the positioning of— Ridiculous. Listen to Ed Pockouli in every game, parsing the rules of the game farther down the bunny hole than your favorite Little Rock attorney would ever deign to go.

This is a contact sport played at a high rate of speed by literally the finest athletic specimens our country produces. When a couple geriatric dipshits need to slow down Johnny Timu's hit to 1/100th of second to determine whether he should be thrown out of the game, no check that, be allowed back in the game, this is a clear warning that something has gone very wrong. You want forensics, go watch that hot goth chick look at pubes through a microscope with Mark Harmon heating up the back of her neck.

The sport has had a mechanism to deal with dirty play for decades, unsportsmanlike penalty with ejection. Adding this legalistic automatic thing is NationalBarAssocFS.
    Well-said APAG.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    I like soccer. You'll never see a quad kick a ball.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    For being a victim of CTE, you would think @puppylove_sugarsteel would understand why football needs to do what it can to get rid of CTE before football disappears completely.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

We've all watched this game, we fell in love with it as kids and continued to enjoy it every Saturday (and for some Sunday) until now. Lately though, it's turned into a different game, one that has mirrored society. An ever growing wussifed society spearheaded by overbearing parents at the pop warner level, then high school, then college and the NFL. Political correctness has a sister, and that bitch has taken over football, mostly COLLEGE football, witth pro football a closs second. Actually, on any given weekend the order could change.

Some of those sisters now reside within the safe confines of HH, brainwashed and pussified by Kimmy and the mods @ doogman. Oh for heavens sake, Little Timmy might get a concussion. Well then, push little Timmy to play soccer with the rest of the sissies like Grinolds.

Siding with the NFL over a big hit or lack of a penalty for a non-call just shows the kind of new-fish, pussy-minded fans that watch football, and have no clue what it was like to see Jaime Fields crash down and take someones' head off. Well that would be too offensive for Boobie or Blazer to witness!

Well then, move over one field and watch the lady softballers play. Keep in mind though, those bitches can crush a catcher pretty bard at home plate. Is the runner supposed to lead with her shoulder?

Football has always been about hard nosed hitting, smashmouth running and athletic poetry. What would football be without Ronnie Lott's bone jarring hits on defensless receivers. Its what differentiates this game from others. Players like that kept receivers from going accross the middle. Now receivers can run freely knowing the worst that can happen is a two-handed push to the ground.

The gradually increasing violence in football can be traced back to the 1950's when a couple of equipment changes were made:

First - although hard shell plastic helmets seamed in the middle could sometimes fly apart in two pieces, nearly everybody turned in the old composition and leather padded head gear for the shiny new plastic beauties that looked so cool. I was starting 10th grade football in Fall 1955 when we got the plastics and it was clear immediately how much better head protection we had. The coaches were telling us to "plant that lid between the numbers" if blocking or tackling above the waste and "drive through with the shoulder" to hit anything below. We quickly found out how thrilling the sound of plastics colliding could be, especially for the cheerleaders and out teammates watching from the sideline.

Second - very soon after the plastic helmets were issued, a single-bar face mask was attached which we soon learned to hate because it became such a convenient handle for opponents. Sure, there were penalties for such dirty tactics, but in the trenches many linemen developed sneaky ways to get away with their cheating and those of us who didn't need handles devised forearm shivers or uppercut tactics to counter the handle-grabbers. It wasn't long before guys began to add bars to their facemasks so that they could lead with their faces in blasting opponents with drive blocks or tackles.

Nowhere else in those post WWII football days did equipment change as much as it did in headgear and now we're seeing the end result as helmets have gotten stronger and lighter and facemasks more protective. While it's primary purpose is to protect the football players senses that are so necessary for him to perform the intellectual part of the game, the modern helmet with it's facemask appurtenances has also become a dangerous weapon. There's no question that increased violence enhances the fun of playing football, even for pansy wide receivers, but it will eventually destroy the game if the head targeting and use of headgear as weaponry doesn't stop.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

The problem with America isn't people becoming pussies. It's pieces of shit rolling around in a wheelchair that can't feel even the slightest bit of empathy for guys who put that right, the right to walk, on the line 16+ times a year just to entertain.

These guys risk their lives to amuse you. Not just that they could literally die on the field but the quality of life they can have after football. Everything possible should be done to protect them. They are football players not gladiators.

Bullshit. they risk their lives for the fame and fortune. They risk their lives for the hot young cheerleader pussy. They risk their lives so zit faced kids will write their term papers for them.

Not one thinks about it's entertainment value.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

For being a victim of CTE, you would think @puppylove_sugarsteel would understand why football needs to do what it can to get rid of CTE before football disappears completely.

PL_SS is a victim of CTE? Fuck me. I thought he was just a retard in a wheelchair.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    TommySQC said:

The problem with America isn't people becoming pussies. It's pieces of shit rolling around in a wheelchair that can't feel even the slightest bit of empathy for guys who put that right, the right to walk, on the line 16+ times a year just to entertain.

These guys risk their lives to amuse you. Not just that they could literally die on the field but the quality of life they can have after football. Everything possible should be done to protect them. They are football players not gladiators.

Bullshit. they risk their lives for the fame and fortune. They risk their lives for the hot young cheerleader pussy. They risk their lives so zit faced kids will write their term papers for them.

Not one thinks about it's entertainment value.

It's entertainment value is the only reason they can get any of those things.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    We should stop driving cars. People get hurt.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    The rules in the NFL are changing because the NFLPA started suing in a big fucking money grab.

Blame the players.

All professional sports are going to shit.

The NFL wants to survive because fans know more about how the sausage is made and they want to feel like they're watching a safe game. So the rules are changing.

Which may hurt the game anyway. Who knows?

Boxing fucks up the head. Its dying. But MMA is growing.

I'd still take the pay of a football player over the guys who die in coal mines or get black lung

Life is unsafe in general but we want to live forever here.

You won't. Spoiler alert

Everybody dies

Any professional boxer in his prime (not some lump of shit the MMA drags out of retirement to hype their sport) would hurt any softcunt from the MMA. ANY one! Fucking joke of a sport. Im embarrased just watching it. Boxing deserves it because of extreme mismanagement, but it doesnt change reality.

First of all, I blame all the wussification on Obama's America.

Secondly, I didn't say he should have been ejected. I've seen cleaner hits get flagged. This hit was not all that clean. Look at where he put the crown of his helmet. I don't have a problem with hard hits, but when you're intentionally trying to hurt a player (a punter no less), then there should be consequences. He should save hits like those for players like Eddie Lacy or Marshawn Lynch. I'm sure they would return the favor.

Maybe you have personally taken a lot of blows to the head. You often post like someone whose brain has gotten rattled a few too many times.

Now, GFY and DIAFF.

Well quit posting stupid shit baze and you wont leave yourself open to ridicule. Youre a pussy, but so are alot here. You just follow the wrong sport. Try the hoops board. But flagrant fouls happen. Happy holidays. Id say merry christmas but that prolly offends you.