Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is happening to football?

2»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Soooo much text.

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    The technology is tiresome in the game now. It detracts more than it adds. I mean: endless stoppages for "play is under review," when watching on TV computer generated crap on the field for first down (I know where five yards is from the line of scrimmage), piles of electronic crap in Huskie Stadium making noise and distracting visually. Also I think the fancy uniforms pussify the game. They look ridiculous most of the time (black out is OK but leave it at that).
  • Mosster47 said:

I have this dialed in about as well as IrishDawg.

Every other kid has an inhaler now. I have so many fucking inhalers in my pockets during practice I don't even check names anymore. I just say "That's right, don't work through the pain to better yourself" and I hand them the first inhaler that I grab. People that actually have asthma sound like a jet engine when they run. Now if it hurts when you run hard (which is natural) you have asthma.

Parents think their kids are special. I spent aboit $500 of my own money getting a Pac-10 program to take a kid as a walk-on by sending him to combines, paying a handler, etc. The next year his parents called me a racist because I wasn't playing their 5'6" 150lb, black son at QB over a 6'2" 215lb Mexican kid that worked harder and was just a better QB overall.....I'm white.

Every and I mean EVERY fucking good hit is a concussion now. The shitty part about this is all the kids who just want a jersey to wear in the hall ways claim they have a concussion and go fail the test every Monday so you can't cut them. The concussion thing has caused so much more bad than good.

Video games have done the most damage. Kids play video games nonstop and they control one player. They don't understand the part where the computer used to other 10 players to clear a path for them to pretend to be Barry Sanders. They don't find the hard, physical nature sexy like it used to be. Fundamentals are also viewed as a waste of time. Things like influence blocks are useless now. Linebackers are so lazy with their reads they won't bite on your disguised looks.

At the high school level recruiting in the metro areas have turned bad programs into extremely awful ones.

Letting retards score touchdowns. The very harsh reality is almost everyone that plays organized football at any level will never score a TD. Now the cool thing to do is to say "fuck you" to all of the kids who work their asses off year round and let some kid that can barely function prance into the end zone to a standing ovation while everyone is just standing around. You want to give a kid a gift like that make it an offensive guard or a nose tackle. The first time this happened it was fine. Every time since then it has been " We can do that too and look even more caring than the last guy." It for PR, nothing more.

Penalties completely control games. In a tight ball game the outcome is never really decided by the players. Some stupid safety flag or a bullshit PI call will dictate how the ball moves, not the offense.

Now we have to deal with lawsuits from all angles, zero loyalty because everything from high school on up in mercenary mode. Instead of building where you are it's just a given you will leave to somewhere already built. A Don James won't ever happen again. He'll leave after year 5 or 6 now for a paycheck. In the NFL franchises aren't loyal to stars anymore.

The game has went to shit because we all have allowed it to happen.

I have exercise asthma and I've had 3 concussions playing football.

Games and practices are literally some of the most miserable experiences of my life.

But I still love it.

And if I develop any signs of CTE I'll just sue Riddell for millions.

SCORE!
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Funny to think 4 years ago NFL Primetime had a segment they played right before MNF called, "Jacked Up!"

They would all be jailed today for that insensitive shit

. We need your type around here for a diverse circle of posters.

Ummmm, no we sure as fuck don't

The problem with America isn't people becoming pussies. It's pieces of shit rolling around in a wheelchair that can't feel even the slightest bit of empathy for guys who put that right, the right to walk, on the line 16+ times a year just to entertain.

These guys risk their lives to amuse you. Not just that they could literally die on the field but the quality of life they can have after football. Everything possible should be done to protect them. They are football players not gladiators.

I'm hearing that not only do they have a choice, they are also paid pretty well for their chosen vocation.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club

The technology is tiresome in the game now. It detracts more than it adds. I mean: endless stoppages for "play is under review," when watching on TV computer generated crap on the field for first down (I know where five yards is from the line of scrimmage), piles of electronic crap in Huskie Stadium making noise and distracting visually. Also I think the fancy uniforms pussify the game. They look ridiculous most of the time (black out is OK but leave it at that).

The first down line is okay. The line of scrimmage line is stupid, I don't. need the fucking FG line, and the giant FIRST AND TEN ARROW is ridiculous.

The NFL wants to survive because fans know more about how the sausage is made and they want to feel like they're watching a safe game. So the rules are changing.

Which may hurt the game anyway. Who knows?

Boxing fucks up the head. Its dying. But MMA is growing.

I'd still take the pay of a football player over the guys who die in coal mines or get black lung

Life is unsafe in general but we want to live forever here.

You won't. Spoiler alert

Everybody dies

Any professional boxer in his prime (not some lump of shit the MMA drags out of retirement to hype their sport) would hurt any softcunt from the MMA. ANY one! Fucking joke of a sport. Im embarrased just watching it. Boxing deserves it because of extreme mismanagement, but it doesnt change reality.

You are a mother fucking retard. A professional MMA fighter will submit a pro boxer in the first round 9 time out of 10. What the fuck is a boxer going to do once they are taken down? Absolutely fucking nothing.

James Toney agrees.

In a Boxing match a boxer would obviously win, but a real life fight? Not even close.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The NFL wants to survive because fans know more about how the sausage is made and they want to feel like they're watching a safe game. So the rules are changing.

I'd still take the pay of a football player over the guys who die in coal mines or get black lung

You won't. Spoiler alert

Everybody dies

Any professional boxer in his prime (not some lump of shit the MMA drags out of retirement to hype their sport) would hurt any softcunt from the MMA. ANY one! Fucking joke of a sport. Im embarrased just watching it. Boxing deserves it because of extreme mismanagement, but it doesnt change reality.

You are a mother fucking retard. A professional MMA fighter will submit a pro boxer in the first round 9 time out of 10. What the fuck is a boxer going to do once they are taken down? Absolutely fucking nothing.

James Toney agrees.

In a Boxing match a boxer would obviously win, but a real life fight? Not even close.
    What is the boxer was also an MMA trained guy, but never competed in MMA, just boxing? Then who would win? Not so easy now, is it?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    has anyone else noticed how the pussification of football has coincided with the increase in PLSS poasts?

You won't. Spoiler alert

Everybody dies

James Toney agrees.

What is the boxer was also an MMA trained guy, but never competed in MMA, just boxing? Then who would win? Not so easy now, is it?
    Combat sport superiority guy.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Dave is that you? You sound just like my son who's earliest games at Husky Stadium were during the Sixkiller era. I'll add that I've never liked the black-outs because such crap should be preserved for the Beavs and memories of when the pumpkin heads wore all black the last time they went to the Rose Bowl and were plungered by Michigan.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    MMA still needs to diaff 4,000,000 x
  • poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    leg wrestling in front of the 7-11 of your choice in the 253 > mma

simple fact
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Guys play full tackle football because it's just damn fun to play. Football is also a lot of hard work starting no later than high school and often sooner, but the hard work in practices, scrimmages, weight room, etc is also fun like no other game. Baseball which I loved as a kid and Basketball at which I wasn't good enough just don't have that. I can remember getting pumped just for football practice as early as junior high school.

Most football players who actually get to play more than riding the bench learn early to focus 100% on the game action. You can sometimes hear the crowd and your teammates on the sidelines, but if your lollygagging and looking for mom and dad or a cute cheerleader, the blindsides and slobberknocking coming from nowhere can really hurt and the mental errors that come mostly form lack of hard work and focus can get any but the most talented hotshots sidelined.

Football is a dangerous game (duh) and most athletes who get to play the game work hard to have the opportunity and won't risk injury by taking cheap shots at their opponents not throw away the hard work by getting sidelined due to dirty play. But stuff happens and I think a lot if not most of it results from the showboating that's too often allowed, starting in the NFL and by example moving down to college and high school levels. The highly paid NFL safety delivers the spectacular hit to not only punish the high speed wide receiver, but also to make the Sunday evening highlights played over and over in slow motion on ESPN.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tailgater said:

Guys play full tackle football because it's just damn fun to play. Football is also a lot of hard work starting no later than high school and often sooner, but the hard work in practices, scrimmages, weight room, etc is also fun like no other game. Baseball which I loved as a kid and Basketball at which I wasn't good enough just don't have that. I can remember getting pumped just for football practice as early as junior high school.

Most football players who actually get to play more than riding the bench learn early to focus 100% on the game action. You can sometimes hear the crowd and your teammates on the sidelines, but if your lollygagging and looking for mom and dad or a cute cheerleader, the blindsides and slobberknocking coming from nowhere can really hurt and the mental errors that come mostly form lack of hard work and focus can get any but the most talented hotshots sidelined.

Football is a dangerous game (duh) and most athletes who get to play the game work hard to have the opportunity and won't risk injury by taking cheap shots at their opponents not throw away the hard work by getting sidelined due to dirty play. But stuff happens and I think a lot if not most of it results from the showboating that's too often allowed, starting in the NFL and by example moving down to college and high school levels. The highly paid NFL safety delivers the spectacular hit to not only punish the high speed wide receiver, but also to make the Sunday evening highlights played over and over in slow motion on ESPN.

Disagree about football practice. I don't think there is anything worse than two a days. Football games under the lights were awesome, but practice sucks. It's cold, your gear is wet, it's hard. It's the price you pay, but it's easy for me to admit that I hated it.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Disagree about football practice. I don't think there is anything worse than two a days. Football games under the lights were awesome, but practice sucks. It's cold, your gear is wet, it's hard. It's the price you pay, but it's easy for me to admit that I hated it.

Agree on your disagree, practice sucks. My son on the other hands loves it. That worries me, more than what he does to the cats he catches.